Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: World Trade Center

World Trade Center

Has anyone seen the new September 11 movie yet? It called the World Trade Center, I saw it Sunday. It was a very sad, and touching movie. My dad,my brother, and me liked it alot. My mom didn't really like it that much, because she though it'd be more about events that happened that day. It was mainly about these two police officers that were trapped in the rubble (sp?) and about their familes and all that. It was a good movie though.

I'd not even heard of that movie until I read this, perhaps it's not out in the UK yet....

Zimbabwe 07/13

I saw the preveiws on TV, I'll probally end up seeing it when it comes out on DVD...

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Same here. I think Oliver Stone chose to personalize it, rather than make it a "9/11" movie as such.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I haven't decided yet if I want to see it, it looks like a good movie but the events of 9/11 are still very painful to me, so I don't know how I'd do. We went to the drive in a month or so ago and one of the movies playing was United Flight 93 - I had a hard time watching that movie, I cried and cried the whole time.

I've heard it's pretty good. I dunno though. I probably won't see it. I'd get too emotional.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

Quote Originally Posted by JenBKR
    I haven't decided yet if I want to see it, it looks like a good movie but the events of 9/11 are still very painful to me, so I don't know how I'd do. We went to the drive in a month or so ago and one of the movies playing was United Flight 93 - I had a hard time watching that movie, I cried and cried the whole time.
    This is exactly why I don't want to see it. I was 8 years old when 9/11 happened and all I remember was a few months after(I had just turned 9) we went to where the twin towers had stood. I started crying and when I saw all the firefighters I was crying even harder. It might just be to hard for me to see, so I'm not.

Not sure I want to sit through it. We booked a 4 day trip to New York the day before it happened!

As our flight wasn't until December we kept our tickets and went to where the towers used to be - very moving experience
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I haven't seen it, but I do want to see it when it comes out on DVD. I know I won't get to see it at the movies. I have to take care of my mother and I never get out to a movie.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I'll probably wait until DVD, that way I can blubber like a baby in the privacy of my own home. I'm very empathic to other peoples pain. I still haven't got up the courage to watch any documentaries or Flight 93 yet.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

I honestly don't want to see it. I don't want to feel those raw emotions all over again.

It happened when I was in 4th grade and all I knew was that my daddy was in the Pentagon. He's ok, but it was just...gahhh I don't even know.

Kristen & the Dynamutts...

I saw it this past Friday. I was wonderful! I cried a little bit, but I always do that no matter what movie I see. Well almost any movie. I also watched United 93. Both were very good movies and I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to watch them, but is skeptical.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

Until today, clicking onto and reading this thread was "impossible".

I still feel a gravitational weight , remembering September 11, 2001!!!

Then, I purchased a copy of Reader's Digest. Among the listed features , is an interview done with Nicolas Cage, by Meg Grant.

She asked him several questions, about his childhood, his parents, his new wife and child, etc. Then, she said, "Let's Talk about "World Trade Center".

He explained to her what happened to John McLoughlin and Will Jimeno.(Fire fighters who responded that day, and, were trapped in debri.

Cage spent time with John McLoughlin, preparing for the role--visited Ground Zero with him, and got a sense of what he needed to portray to his Audience in this film.

{quote}-"I felt like I was being called to represent John, and wanted to make sure I got it right. I felt that's how I could give back ,in some way, what they had given to all of us"

He also noted that while their was huge Evil and tragedy that day, there was also tremendous love and goodness--

so, perhaps this movie is Healing?

I still don't know if I can watch it, maybe in a few years, on DVD, so I can hide underneath a quilt and cry into my popcorn!!!!!

I havn't seen it and I'm not sure if I want to. I was in school when it happened. I remember one of the teachers got a call from a family member who had seen on the news after the first plane hit. She came into the classroom, tears in her eyes, and quietly told the other teachers. They then informed the class and whoever wanted to see the story was allowed to exit the classroom and gather in front of the tv. We were all bawling like babies when all of the sudden, the second plane hit the other tower. I SAW that. I saw, from the outside, hundreds of lives being ended. It was a horrible experience then, and it will be horrible to see it depicted again. We live in a time when terror is no longer a surprise. The things that humans do to each other... it should be unthinkable. I am amazed at how little surprises me. I'm 17 years old and when I hear that a child has been sexually assulted, a teen has slaughtered his schoolmates, a husband has killed his wife... I see it as something that has happened before. Over and over again. There is no shock at the news as there should be. I hate this so very much. To think of all of those who were only little kids when 9/11 happened... It brings tears to my eyes. They were robbed of their inocence and some of them, their families. A part of me says 'Good, someone has decided to make a movie to honor those whose lives were lost. Either in the attack, or as a result from it.' and another part thinks it's wrong for someone to capitalize off of such a tragic event in the history of this country, nay, the history of this world. I don't know... I'm sorry if none of this makes sense. I just needed to say it, ya know?

~Danny~
    [19 y/o Crazed Human Female]

-The Dogs-
    Mac
    [6 y/o female BC/German Shepherd/Lab]
    Julie
    [9 y/o female Siberian Husky/Alaskan Malamute]
    Angel
    [7 y/o female German Shepherd/Lab]
    J.W.
    [6 y/o male BC/German Shepherd/Lab]
    R.B. Blackfoot
    [16 y/o Lab/German Shepherd]

-The Horses-
    Prissy
    [12 y/o Bay Tobiano Paint Mare]
    Miracles Happen
    [5 y/o Solid Bay Paint/Quarter Horse Mare]

Quote Originally Posted by The_Duck
    A part of me says 'Good, someone has decided to make a movie to honor those whose lives were lost. Either in the attack, or as a result from it.' and another part thinks it's wrong for someone to capitalize off of such a tragic event in the history of this country, nay, the history of this world. I don't know... I'm sorry if none of this makes sense. I just needed to say it, ya know?
    No, it makes total sense. I agree completely.