Thread: Fur Addict Anon (FAA) mischief alert

Fur Addict Anon (FAA) mischief alert

Hail fellow FAA'ers --

The AntiPam's challenge has fired up my imagination. Perhaps we can suggest some sensory delights to help her since she has to go PetTalk /Fur Addict 'cold turkey' while at work.

Which do you think would be most helpful? The 'pro' approach or the 'anti' approach shown below?

Pro:
    Sight -- flash cards of our cuties for quick fur breaks
    Sound -- maybe 'purrs' on one of those little keyring memo recorders?
    Feel -- One of those little fake fur samples they used to send in catalogs. I kept them to sew together for a sleeping bag for my niece's Barbie. Anybody seen these recently?
    Smell -- An empty Fritos sack!
    Taste -- ??? I, for one, don't want to go here.

Or should we go Anti-FAA (In the hopes that she won't feel _so_ deprived?)
    Sight -- Photos of our babies having a "Oh heavens, my pet human is INSANE" moment? Photo of an heirloom being whacked off a table? Close-up of upholstry that's been ... shredded?
    Sound -- Recording of a hairball displacement challenge? An endless 'digging to China' litterbox moment? A distant, nameless thud or crash?
    Feel -- Dried kibble to be placed in her shoe? A straight pin to apply to a tender nerve? A simple shredding of one leg of a pair of pantyhose?
    Smell -- We can ALL go here, but do we want to? I think not.
    Taste -- Ditto.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

LOVE IT!!

How about for your PROs, let's switch a lil' bit...
    Taste: A bag o' Fritos...
    Scent: I think Glade should make "Dog/Kitty/etc. Shampoo Scented" candles! If not, just grab a clean ball of fur, stick it in a ziplock, and pull out when neccessary! lol

Dear Zippy -

Excellent!

Another possibility

Pro:
    Scent -- empty Bag of Fritos
    Taste -- fritos from Fritos Bag; if very, very desperate, one _could_ place lips to fake fur (not recommended)

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: AmberLee ]
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

LOL LOL LOL

This is some great stuff...I'm brain dead at the moment though...I'll post more ideas tomorrow!

Okay, say a FAA member wanted to be more subtle than the previous posts allowed. He/she could carry a silk handkerchief or scarf. Soft texture would mimic the feel of a fur baby and waving it about would remind one of their gracefulness in motion.

(She's getting weird here, folks. Stand back in case she starts foaming or something...
    )

LOL

I'm at work right now--I'll post later...lol

[ October 22, 2001: Message edited by: zippy-kat ]

Originally posted by zippy-kat:
    LOL

I'm at work right now--I'll post later...lol
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok...man! Talk about a stressful day!!! I might actually start doing some of these things! lol

And I think that all I need to do to remind myself of the fur is look at my clothes! lol What's a wardrobe without a few furballs?!

You know, it's silly, but I'm going to be using a few of these ideas myself. I'm going to be with my family elsewhere in the state starting the day after tomorrow and will be leaving my fur-babies with a pet sitter. I might get a chance to pop in here for a Fur Fix, but it looks less likely all the time. I'll miss you guys, but look forward to getting caught up some time next week. [No disrespect meant, but I'm REALLY going to miss the fur-babies even more. Unfortunately neither travel or some family members agree super well with the furred ones, so... it's best this way. ] Cuddle a furbaby in memory of me, okay? Thx!

Wow, what an inspired bunch you are! My new job is going ok, but the drive is long. If only I could figure out how to get a fur fix while motoring down the freeway! Could it be any more dangerous than talking on a cell phone?

I still don't have any pet pictures around my new desk. But I tried to talk a fellow into giving his football pool money to a shelter. Oh well, maybe next time!

I miss you all, and thanks for the good wishes! This is such a special place!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Great to hear from you! Sorry about the commute ... Hope the people in your new workplace are the good types you deserve to have around you.

AmberLee~ Have a safe trip! We will miss you!

Antipam~ How about burning a cd of 'critter noises'? You could listen to it and stroke the fake fur! lol We miss hearing from you too!

I'll be gone this weekend...I'll have to think of a way to get a fur fix.