Thread: 7 St. Patrick's Day Myths, Symbols and Facts Explained (gallery)

7 St. Patrick's Day Myths, Symbols and Facts Explained (gallery)

"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It's an odd slide show, I expected a lot more information, especially as to whether or not several of them were myths or not ...
    I've Been Frosted

I don't know about you but I wasn't able to click into the link. The one question I have is...

Do the guys wear underwear under their kilts? When I was in the State Police Auxiliary, our CO was a drum major in a bagpipe unit. I asked him a few times if he had gotchies under his kilt. He just smiled and said, "Wouldn't you like to know."

Inquiring minds like mine DO wanto to know!! Anyone care to elaborate?

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    I don't know about you but I wasn't able to click into the link. The one question I have is...

Do the guys wear underwear under their kilts? When I was in the State Police Auxiliary, our CO was a drum major in a bagpipe unit. I asked him a few times if he had gotchies under his kilt. He just smiled and said, "Wouldn't you like to know."

Inquiring minds like mine DO wanto to know!! Anyone care to elaborate?
    Yes, they generally do, remember, those things are made of wool!

Also:

Myth: A true Scotsman ALWAYS wears his Kilt without underwear!

Truth: The simple fact is that when Kilts were the everyday attire of Highland Scots, there was no underwear. Women didn’t wear anything under their dresses except the usual underskirt. Many proud and genuine Scotsmen wear underwear because they know that if they are dancing, they may inadvertently show something off which they didn’t mean to! There is nothing wrong with wearing underwear under your Kilt, and if you are going to be in public it’s usually recommended.

Take it from someone born and raised in Scotland, if you’re Man enough to wear a Kilt, you’re Gentleman enough to think about the Women and Children around you!
    I've Been Frosted

What's worn under a Scotsman's kilt? Nothing; everything is in perfect working order!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Gee, thanks for the update!!! I would think they'd catch a pretty good breeze going up them kilts.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!