Thread: UPDATE! Great news about the job..

UPDATE! Great news about the job..

That I took as "putting me off". They did get a TERRIBLE reference from my former boss. They said that they would explain in detail what they said about me when we were alone. Here is the great news:

THEY GAVE ME THE JOB ANYWAYS!! They called me today and asked me to come in*I only worked 4 hours though*. And they seemed to really like me, did not even have to train me.
    They have me working from 7 am until 7 pm. I work 8 days straight, and then I get off for 6 days. Awesome huh?
    SO that means I need to get into bed atleast by 1 am to get up at 5. But I am so happy!
    Looks like all of you amazing people helped God answer my prayers. Thank you, from the absolute bottom of my heart. It means the world to me.*HUGS*

Thank you for all the prayers and advice. Jayna, GOOD LUCK with the FT job search, I will keep you in my prayers. And Oggyflute, WONDERFUL advice about having someone call and "fill them out" BEFORE adding them to a resume.
    Thank you all also for the support and the stories, to give me a little bit of hope. *HUGS* Katie

Thank you so much Michelle!

Please be responsible, spay and neuter your pets!

I've been BOO'd!!! Thanks Lori!

WOW! Congratulations! I'm so happy you got the job that you wanted...and here we were bashing them! Oops! All that matters is that you are happy!
    I would definitely pursue some type of action against the former vet for the bad reference though. I'm pretty sure it's illegal, I just don't know about your state.? I can check the internet on Monday for you. (Right now I'm on my ancient computer at home and if I open another window, I'll probably lose the whole system!)

Anyway, so glad to hear you got the job. You deserve it!

CONGRATS!!! I am so glad they were willing to give you a chance to proove yourself despite the terrible reference! I guess they knew enough to trust their instincts and ignore the terrible exboss.

Thats fantastic mate. As long as you feel comfortable and happy working with them, then things will work out just fine. Congrats I'm most happy for you.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Katie,

That is GREAT news!!! I'm glad they decided to give you a chance. Good luck!!

Psst...never underestimate the power of Pet Talk prayers!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Maybe they knew about your ex-boss and decided to consider the source when she gave you a bad reference.

Anyway, congratulations and good luck!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Once you have proven yourself, they will know not to even bother with any refferance from those former idiots you worked for. Some people only know negative and haven't a clue what it feels like to be positve about anything.

CONGRATULATIONS on the new job!!!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I am so happy for you. I hope you enjoy your new job

Nicki x

Thanks manda_moo87 for my siggy