Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did you celebrate Valentines Day.....

Did you celebrate Valentines Day.....

Now i realise it is not valentines day in the USA or Britain etc yet, but it is here today, just wondering after it has been and gone, how did you celebrate? and what if anything did you get?.

I got what i get every year a big fat zero lol, hubby is not very aware of valentines day, i have given up, so we don't celebrate it anymore,no more let down's for me,just expecting nothing is the best way for me to be,no disappointments then,however i would still love to hear from those who do celebrate it, and do maybe have romantic partners.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

We do but we don't make a huge deal of it. I got my husband a travel mug with a picture of our boys on it and I know that he has ordered me some flowers.
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Yes, Valentines Day is tomorrow and my boyfriend had told me we would have to wait and celebrate on Friday because he does volunteer work on Thursdays. So I was fine with that, or even not doing anything.
    Well, I just came home tonight and he has the table set with flowers, candles, chocolate and a yummy dessert and he's fixing me dinner.
    So it was a complete surprise, which he NEVER does. Very nice! I think I'll keep him. hee hee
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aww that is ever so romantic and sweet of him,lucky you,he sure sounds like a keeper lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Well, let's put it this way, I just asked hubby a few minutes ago what he got me for Valentines Day and he said "when is it?" I told him tomorrow and never mind I have a package coming later this week. We don't usually make a big deal of it.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Yes i have found it best not to make a big deal of it, i just end up feeling let down, so now i forget about it,mind you a little part of me just wishes he might suprise me with a chocolate rose or something little like that, i have hinted enough, but it does not register it would seem, lol, never mind i still enjoy hearing about other's experience's.

It is still relatively new in NZ, maybe five or so years,a bit more, but it was not celebrated here when i was young.,so i have never had the roses, chocolates,that sort of thing, heart balloons, soft toys or whatever, mind you i have had choccy's from boyfriends before for other occasions, but not valentines.
    Furangels only lent.

I am so glad you reminded me! I have my husband's gift under my desk. Need to sign the card and get it ready!

yes, we celebrate it, which is a huge change from our early years. I used to always get Mark the card and chocolates....but now he is way bigger on it than I am. He has been tantalizing me for a week about my gift, and wants to give it to me first thing in the morning. I told him that we had to wait 'cause I didn't have anything for him yet....and I still don't know what to get him.

My boyfriend and I are definitely celebrating this year, but due to short funds, we're putting it off two weeks. He's already got me something (or two somethings...) but I haven't picked anything out for him. There's a wide variety of things I could get him, none which are romantic, lol. Clinique Happy for Men, this blade sharpener for his razor, a DVD set called Sliders, a new cell phone, this really cool light switch that turns on a light without having to get up, and some other things. lol, none are romantic at all but definitely what he wants. I'll decide later as to what to get him.

He's such a girl in the aspect that he loves letters. Seriously. I have written him silly notes before, and he still has them to this day. He keeps all things to put in a photo album or to just hold on to until I make a scrapbook - movie ticket stubs, concert tickets, amusement park tickets, etc.. all kinds of stuff. So, I'm writing him a letter/poem to give him.

We may going skiing in 2 weeks to celebrate instead of something fancy. We like getting dolled up and going somewhere fancy, but we adore skiing. LOL

But really, it's all up in the air right now.. his gift depends on how much I can afford - I went ABSURD this past Christmas spending $400-$500, and now I'm short on cash.. hehe. And what we decide to do depends on how much he has.

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!!!! <3
    ~Sara, Daisy, Jessie, Jake, & Jackson

<3 Gone but never forgotten <3
    {Benjamin, Russell, Chester, Dexter, George Harrison, & Leeroy} {O.D.} {Trey} {John-Paul & Earl}

Well me and hubby celebrate Valentine`s too, nothing so out of the ordinary but I cook something nice, yesterday we exchanged cards..........and this is where I really messed up!!

Last year we managed to buy the same card to each other. I gave it to him first and so he hated the idea to give me his, since it was identical and went to buy a new one. This year I still remembered that I had that card in the drawer and did not bother to buy a new one........and he remembered! He told me smiling I did not give this to you because I did not want to feel as embarresed as you are right now!!!!!

So I have to make it all up in cookig tonight!!!!

Happy Valentine's to everyone x x x x x x

Not a thing. Stuart got me flowers last year, first and only time in the decade we've been together he's done anything for V-day. I still think he was up to something I never found out about! Course, he also doesn't do birthday, anniversary or Christmas gifts! He's doing well if he remembers the right day for my birthday! He often thinks it's a day early!

My Mother told me when I got married to pick my battles carefully...I gave this one up entirely. Now if I really want to say he bought me a present, I just pick out what I want and charge it to his Visa! Works out for both of us--I get what I want, he doesn't have to shop!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

My husband always picks out the most endearing cards. He takes a long time selecting them. Sometimes I get chocolates or flowers too.

This is from the card that I found on my computer this morning.

Being married to you
    has been the finest thing
    that's ever happened to me.
    You have been my partner, my lover,
    and my very best friend.
    Knowing I have your love
    lets me face life's troubles,
    secure in the knowledge that
    there is a special person
    who thinks about me,
    supports me,
    and cares for me more deeply
    than anyone else...

I'm thankful
    to be able to share
    my life with you!
    I love you.
    I'll always love you.
    Happy Valentine's Day
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Hubby and I got each other cards without the "are we going to bother this year" conversation Who said romance is dead?
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

We do something, and always have, in our family. On Monday, Grammy and Jonah showed up at my work with a HUGE heart shaped balloon, and little chocolates. Jonah ate one of them, and said, "we can share, mommy". LOL, when I want to share, where is that attitude?

Jonah sent V-day cards to some people, and has a little somthing for his Grammy. I have 4 books and a candy treat for him tonight. They did Valentine Cards and a party at school today, too.

We aren't really doing anything. Just spending the night at home with our little hannah banana.

Hubby did get me a mani/pedi package from a spa here. I wasn't expecting anything like that. He says I deserve a night of pampering

LOL but rest assured... hannah has gotten gifts and cards from just about everyone for Valentines day.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com