Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
Also keep a (used is fine) dryer sheet or damp towel near the door, and wipe her body off as well, just a quick rub down will be nice for her, and remove any pollen that has settled on her coat!
^This. I had many vets tell me the grass allergies Chester has are from contact, but contact allergies are rare and the grass allergies are actually from INHALED pollen. Most inhaled allergies present in dogs as itching, either feet or ears, whereas in humans, we just sneeze and have itchy eyes.

Be careful with the steroids and use them sparingly in short courses like you're doing. Not only do they cause systemic issues, but they can also make the allergies worse by lowering the immune system. You get a temporary benefit, but it creates a worse problem long term, especially if you use them for more than a 10-14 day course.

I haven't found the Natural Balance in the Dallas area at Petsmart, but our Petco stores carry all the flavors. It also comes in Duck & Potato and Bison and Potato, but those didn't work as well for us. I buy the largest bag (28lbs) and I think it's maybe $50?

Cataholic - I still read PT a lot. Probably should post occasionally, but I don't feel like I know anyone here anymore so I'm hesitant to do so. I shouldn't be, though.