Thread: ASPCA and HSUS fined

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    Paying someone for their testimony (and, it does happen in all areas of the law, and in with respect to all witnesses) does not mean what they say is false. Just that they were paid. Hell, we call lots of those people Doctor.
    It isn't that he was paid that brings his credibility into question, but the amount that he was paid that does!

And as I said, my friend the Florida veterinarian, a person of sound mind and strict conscience, has been to some of those facilities and was impressed with how nice they were. She is a surgeon, and of course some animals are too large to transport to a clinic when they need routine care, so it is not an infrequent thing that she is at these facilities. Many circuses "winter" in her area.

No one will deny that years ago, some circus animals were abused, that we all know that. But that does not mean that people and trainers have not learned, changed methods and developed new, safer, more humane techniques in the intervening years!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    It isn't that he was paid that brings his credibility into question, but the amount that he was paid that does!

The witness was paid $1000.00 every two weeks for the duration of legal process. This case went on for years.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The witness was paid $1000.00 every two weeks for the duration of legal process. This case went on for years.
    And it was one hell of a bribe for doing nothing.

I guarantee he wasn't sitting in a court room doing nothing else but being available as a witness for almost 7 years.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.