Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 cats, 2 e-collars, double trouble!

2 cats, 2 e-collars, double trouble!

Well, Juni tried to remove her stitches while at the Vet's, thus an e-collar for 10, yes, 10 days. Miley is wearing one as well, to prevent her from licking herself AND JUNI! They look like alien pets. I have photos of Juni with her collar on.....and a couple of older photos. I am downloading them now.

I am happy that both are home and healthy!

Oh Sallyanne I would love to see one of the "two aliens" together. My you have your hands full but I bet they look so funny! hehe!

The photos

The girls - well, using the litter box at the same time! Go figure!

Juni testing the blinds! AGAIN!

Juni with her new e-collar! And hating it, for sure. She is somehow, using it as a scoop, in the litter box. Gotta do something about that!

One more of Juni

2 girls in the same litterbox? You must be good friends by now. How typical for teenagers

And both with a cone? Juni we knew that a little monkey like you couldn't leave these stitches untouched.

We hope they are soon well healed and maybe you won't have to wear that machine the full ten days

Kissies to both of you. You know you are my favorite Aby girls

I know exactly what you are going through with the e-collar. Nakita had to wear it for 7 days and she looked so pitiful wearing it.

If your home, I found that if you remove the e-collar a couple of times a day, for a few minutes, then the cat can wash herself and feel a bit more relaxed. Of course when I took Nakita's collar off, she would go straight for the stitches, so I would have to put my hand over them to cover them. Nakita would spend up to 40 minutes straight cleaning herself during these sessions and I found she was more relaxed once I put the collar back on her.

Glad everything went well at the vets!

Don't be afraid that your life will end. Be afraid that it will never begin.

Switching the e-collars

I really think Juni's collar is too large for her and I am thinking about switching with Miley. Juni has already removed hers.....and I had to re-tie it, tighter.

Juni just did the litter box scooping thing again. Poor baby. She is a cat that likes to sniff the area first...and as she does it, she scoops up litter and flings it on the floor etc. I have to switch the collars soon, I do believe.

I will try to get the two of them together.....with the cones...such a sight.

But first I must switch them....wish me luck! I will probably never catch Miley again!

One collar changed...

I took Miley's off and put it on Juni and tied it with a more appropriate fastener!

Can you say "Little Bo-Peep?"

Little does my Mom know, it is a matter of minutes until I figure out how to rid myself of this stupid looking collar!

Maybe I should just JUMP, and get it over with.....

Wonder why Miley isn't wearing HER collar right now! Darn, she is lucky..... I bet my Mom will catch her soon, and she'll be in the same boat as me!

Oh, sweet little Bo-Peep

Satellite dish?

Oh these pictures are sooooo cute! Maybe these collars will come in handy if your cable should go out! How nice of your mommy to dress up your cones so that you still look feminine! Now that's what I call making the best of a less than perfect situation.

Miley I do believe you are sporting the latest in kitty haircuts. It is quite striking! Hey, don't girls always go to the ladies room together?

Re: Satellite dish?

Originally posted by Pam
    Miley I do believe you are sporting the latest in kitty haircuts. It is quite striking!
    Pam, I didn't know what you meant until I took another look at the potty picture! AcK!! (when I first saw the picture, all I could see was Miley's expression on her face, so close to the wall.

Hot spots galore

The nasty shaved area is actually healing quite nicely. The Vet shaved her a bit much I think. Miley has two new spots on her other side and we have decided NOT to shave her there. We are hoping the shot will relieve whatever is creating the itching. We are assuming she itches.....it could be repetitive motion behavior and for that, well, she will have to wing it I am afraid. My guess is that if it is behavioral then .... well, what can I say. I hope it is alergies.

I was away from the house for a couple of hours and both cats still have the ecollars on......

I need to give this topic a rest.

Juni, you look so cute in your collar with the pink ribbon. Just the thing for the convalescing kitty. And it makes a nifty litter scoop.

Miley, I am sorry you have to wear the collar too, but I hope it will come off soon and you won't itch any more.
    Steffi and Lovable

The dynamic duo

And yes, the window needs to be washed. Cat slobber all over it. Juni likes to kill flies on the window!

Too funny. But it will be a LONG 10 days!

Too funny. Juni, that pink goes very well with your teenage purrsonality

Here the flies and spiders also have a tough life.

I am glad to see both aren't looking too unhappy.

Cuddles for M+J