Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad news

Sad news

We recently found out that my sweet husband is going to be deployed very soon. Because of the length of the tour (about 4 months) Tyler and I will be flying back to stay with my parents for a few months.

We've been thinking about Boomer and his eventual flight to the states for a long time and have decided that it is best for Boomer if we place him in another home. Bringing him with us to the states for this trip is not an option because I will be flying alone with Tyler and wouldn't possibly be able to handle both of them. I also wouldn't want to subject him to that plane trip even if I could manage somehow. Finding him a temporary home during my trip would only make things harder on an already skitty kitty. So we will start looking for a loving family for him immediately. We will be VERY picky about who we give him to.

I want you all to know that it breaks my heart to have to give him up, but I TRULY have *his* best interests at heart.

If you disagree with what I am doing, please KEEP IT TO YOURSELF!! My self and my family have quite enough on our plates to worry about right now..

Just filling everybody in...
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Oh Missy!

I am so sorry about the whole situation. You are strong, girl. I know how you feel though and can sympathize. The last thing you need is Boomer stressing out and getting sick. I know you'll find him a great home. At least that'll be one less thing to worry about. I'm glad you'll be able to stay with your parents. It'll give them both a chance to spoil both you and Tyler!!

Hang in there, Melissa. I'll say a prayer for your hubby's safe return home and Boomer's finding another wonderful furrrrrever home.

((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Donna

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

WE KNOW,HOW MUCH YOU LOVE BOOMER,AND HOW MUCH,THIS IS HURTING YOU.
    YOU ,ARE IN OUR PRAYERS,THAT YOUR HUSBAND,WILL BE SAFE,IN AN INCREASINGLY TENSE SITUATION.

AND THAT YOU CAN FIND,BOOMER,JUST THE RIGHT FURR EVER HOME.
    OUR PRAYERS,ARE WITH YOU ALL.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry Missy! I know this is something you've been very concerned about for a long time. I am sorry to hear that the time has come to make ths decision... and the reason behind the decision! I will pray that he is safe the entire time he is away!

{{{HUGS}}} I know a good home will be found for him

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Missy ~ I would never second guess your decision. We all know that you have Boomer's happiness at heart. If your mother-in-law is still planning a visit to Japan, could she travel back with you? While you are busy with Tyler, maybe she could handle Boomer? Just an idea. And if you're passing through Anchorage on your way back from Japan, please know that you are always welcome in our home if you have a long layover or need to rest between between flights. Lisa

Just wanted to add that as much as I'd love to meet you and baby Tyler, I hope they route you through Hawaii instead. Given a choice, I think most folks would much prefer to lay over in Paradise instead of Anchorage.
    Last edited by kuhio98; 07-21-2005 at 12:38 PM.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Missy I know this must be so hard on you. You have a new baby and now daddy is going away for awhile and I know how much you will miss him and worry.

I know you will find Boomer a good home. If all else fails then maybe you could find someone to keep him while your gone. It's just a thought for an option in case the right home doesn't come along.

This has to be so hard on you. Please know that we will be praying for Paul, you, Tyler, and for the perfect home for Boomer. Don't worry Missy, things always seem to somehow work out right.

Lovely lady - you are doing a very selfless thing in putting Boomer's needs before your own. I hope you will all be safe and happy
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Awe Missy, I know you are heartbroken but we DO have to do what is best for our babies. I know first hand what it is to have to be away from my babies and I know how bad it hurts. In this case, I know you are doing the right thing so don't ever question what you are doing for Boomer. Sometime "love" means having to let go.

This has to be a doubled edge sword for you. Happy to get to go home to your family but sad at having to leave Boomer behind. You are doing the right thing.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Sorry to hear that you have to make such a difficult decision, but you have to decide what is best for all concerned including Boomer. I am sure that he will miss you (and you him) very much, but I hope that he will be able to find a new home and be happy there. You do have alot on your plate. We will keep good thoughts for you, Tyler and Boomer and for hubby too that he will stay safe.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Prayers to keep your hubby safe. I am sorry you have to worry about so many things right now with a new baby it should all be easy and happy but sometimes thats not how it works out.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

I JUST GAVE UP BIG RAGNAR,AS HE NEVER WAS ALL THAT COMFORTABLE HERE,THE ONLY ONE,HE LIKED WAS SCRAPPY 2,HE BASICALLY,WAS A LONER,HERE.
    HE IS GOING,WITH THE FINE YOUNG LADY,HE WAS THE KITTEN FOR,AND THEY LOVE EACH OTHER,MORE THAN A BIT.

I KNOW,THAT BOOMER,WILL FIND JUST,THE RIGHT FURR EVER HOME.THERES A VACANCY,AT THE FOUND CAT HOTEL,I THINK,THAT BOOMER,WOULD FIT RIGHT IN HERE.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am so sorry that you have to give up Boomer. It is understandable, the reasoning, but still very VERY sad. Such a hard thing to do.

But once you find that perfect family for him, you can feel a little better knowing he is safe and loved.

I suppose, you could always check on him when you return to apan (if you thought that would be OK for him)

Take care, and prayers for your husband for a safe tour of duty.

That's such a sad situation for both you and Boomer. I know you will find him a home that's nothing but perfect.

I'm so sorry your family is going through rough times. {HUGS}

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh no!! This must be heartbreaking for you...not only to have hubby shipped out, but to also have to find a home for sweet Boomer as well. I know how much you love that little guy.

I wish you lots of luck in finding him the perfect home.

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Every one has said it all, so I just will say prayers to you all and continued ones for hubby and the men and women he will be with.