Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dad watching TV

That is touching, and your Dad must be a fine Gentleman to have those Pet Companions warm up to him.

He certainly looks pleased to have so much love
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

That is adorable!!
    I also found Crystals story very interesting too.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Oh How Sweet!! Those are great pics of your father and the pets. Years from now you'll be so glad you have these pics.

As for Crystal cat, she sure is lucky to be one of your furkids. I can't believe the neighbor's disinterest in possible ringworm on her child plus her total disregard for a helpless kitten. I wonder what kind of mother she is to the child (I have an idea) considering how she treats kittens. I dont understand some people. Just hope one day "they" get what is due them!!

Sweet and Precious. Pet Pile-up. Been there many times.

that story about Crystal is lovely. Good on your neighbor, too.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thanks everyone. I keep reading all the comments to Dad, lol.

I meant to add this earlier. My brother's cat Louie is bonded to him. He was 2 weeks when found and hand fed by he and mom for a week or more before he began drinking out of a bottle cap. Anyway, he was hand-raised my Mom and Bro and so has a big attachment to Bro. Louie has one of Mom's blankets that he slept on, his woobie, and Joe has never washed it since Mom's passing. Louie loves his woobie.

I have no clue of the derivation of "woobie".
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

What sweet pictures! No need for a blanket.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Crystal was born feral, a litter of 4. Some neighborhood boys took 2 of the kittens - before they were even weaned - and tried to sell them to make some money. They got $15 for the black and white male, but could not sell the female. So she languished in their house. The family already had a cat, a male who is indoor / outdoor. The mom did not bother to buy kitten food, and of course the unfixed male had no use for a kitten, so the wee one spent most of her time under the sofa. My next door neighbor (InLoveWithAnimals on here, Justin in real life) knew about her and came to visit us often, saw how I treated my cats. One day -- June 25, 2005 - he showed up at my door. I thought he was coming to visit again. When I opened the door, he had his wagon with a cover over it, and he picked up and showed me this wee kitten! Then he told me the story, and said he spoke to the mom and she said he could have her. No fee, she didn't want "the thing." And he brought it to me, as planned all along! So I asked him to name her, and he said Crystal.

Back then, she had ringworm on her head, just above the eyes. So I had to bathe her regularly, and leave the medicated shampoo on for 5 minutes (or whatever it was, I forget). So I'd wrap her in a towel and Dad would walk around holding her and talking to her, to keep her warm. She was quite underweight at this point, needless to say. I also had to phone the woman and let her know as most likely her boys had it too. She couldn't have cared less! She told me, "if you don't want her send her back." UGH! Anyway, this is how she became "Dad's cat," she really bonded with him. To this day, she flirts with him shamelessly, sleeps with him, snuggles with him, follows him around. It is very sweet to see.

Me? I am clearly her slave and nothing more, lol.
    I think the date he showed up with her is really important - it's the day before my birthday!
    I am glad you took her in. I think she was meant to be with you and meant to have her name!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter's Mom View Post
    I think the date he showed up with her is really important - it's the day be!fore my birthday!
    I am glad you took her in. I think she was meant to be with you and meant to have her name!
    Really? WOW! And you are the only 'other' Crystal I know, as well, ha haaa.