Page 98 of 257 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108148198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 3853

Thread: Politics and religion.

1. But did you see Liz? It appears blue has a crush on both you and me....

He has both our names as his signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Z View Post
    Ah yes, the baby 'P' case. A very sad story indeed, and one that our social services has received a lot of criticism over.

That is correct, once released from prison these people do have a right to call for police protection (although as far as I'm aware, it is for a limited period of time only. Quite how long that is, I don't know. It varies from case to case). This happens often in cases of a sensitive nature, particularly those involving children.

The 'idea' is that the criminals have served their punishment in prison, and that upon their release they are likely to be subject to further abuse and discrimination from the public, job interviewers, etc. In order for the people in question to continue with their lives without the risk of assualt, or worse, the police protection is there to ensure that.

I must say that in the majority of cases like this, those convicted are kept anonymous, thus police protection is not usually needed. However, for some reason or another, the anonymity request expired.

It's an issue that divides our nation, just as ES explained that gun laws divide America. Many people feel very, very strongly that ex-cons should pay the full penalty for the crime they committed, and should 'get what they deserve'. Others question whether that sort of attitude breaches human rights and that, if someone was wrongly convicted, which does happen occasionally, they would be subject to undeserved hatred and hardship for the rest of their lives.

It's another issue of perhaps considering compassion a little too much in politics.

Thanks for explaning. Seems like the victim's rights are overlooked
    in that case.IMO.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    But did you see Liz? It appears blue has a crush on both you and me....

Oh, and I thought I was his favorite. Well, if I have to share the honor,
    you 're the one I would pick. LOL
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

4. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The word NUANCE makes no sense in that sentence.
    You not only don't you do NUANCE, you don't know it's meaning either.
    So Liz...if someone does not know the difference between calling someone a racist and being racist would that be an example of not doing nuance?

I think perhaps it is a deeper lack of comprehension?

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The word NUANCE makes no sense in that sentence.
    You not only don't you do NUANCE, you don't know it's meaning either.
    Of course it makes no sense, ES deleted her post.

But did you see Liz? It appears blue has a crush on both you and me....

So Liz...if someone does not know the difference between calling someone a racist and being racist would that be an example of not doing nuance?

I think perhaps it is a deeper lack of comprehension?
    You two are way too full of yourselves.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

6. Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Have you noticed...when either of us posts he has to respond?

Ah..unrequited love!

I love it when serendipity and providence collide.

Thanks Fillmore!

LOL,

As it turns out, people are so hard-wired into the freedom of speech mode, they don't have the "Freedom of Listen" gene anymore.

What is it with the feelings of Verboten Taboo or the "Thing that shall not be spoken of." make me laugh. We are all supposed to sit down, behave and figure out why the world sucks. When we do sit down, someone in the back yells at the people who are trying to get shiat done. It goes something like this, "What are you AHs doing?"

Someone else yells back and the progress is wiped off the board!

I don't carry around the guilt nor the weird "I can't talk about THAT" hangup.

If you think about it long enough, you can pretty much clean up any topic, discuss it and maybe laugh about it?

There are a group of Young, Stupid and woefully bright Am/Mexs that still think that Cah lee fuh Nee Ah belongs to Mexico.

Back in school I had run ins with these idiots all the time. I was once accosted because I wasn't "mexican" enough to participate in a show of "Cultural Pride".

So,
    I think these morons can take the state back for Mexico on their own. Upon further review of the clubs and assocs. that promote "chicano" ethics I found that they are just as racist as the racists they 'fight'.

Their politics are nothing special and when any hispanic gets a job, it's always the "First Mex/Am, Hispanic,Spanish" person to do XXXXXXXX.

Hehehehe,

I wanted to be the First American of Mexican Descent from the Hood to climb Mount Everest. Ain't gonna happen because the Cops probably have chased some other poor Mexican up the hill during a car chase.

I really hate it when people pussyfoot-this is a pet site, after all-around issues and can't help but pull out the "race cards".

Look, All you All got blamed for the "Dirty Blankets and Disease" that came from Europe.....So you have this guilt thing going and have to fiercely defend yourselves when we deal with each other.

It was all an unfortunate, weird sickness thing that no one could have predicted. I laugh when I hear that accusation come up.

Two film clips that I love to see on the tube are the interviews with the illegal alien in CA and the racist in GA.

I should say that the illegal alien is a racist effer, too!

He's here leaching off the system and then he claims that the WHITE FOLKS won't give him insurance, jobs and ????? He already has his 48 kids in school -on my dime- and he's complaining?

Then you get old Bubba sitting on this tractor, spitting Redman into the dust, saying something like, "They should sen allllllll dem wetbacks back to MESICO where they belong".

There is a delicious irony about this.....Two racists knot heads that probably work for/with each other. The farmer grows the food for the IAs kid and the IA turns bolts at the tractor house.

We all need and have to deal with each other.

The only real thing that separates the groups of people on the planet is that half of them pee standing up.

But that's biology, not Politics and Religion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by RICHARD; 08-21-2009 at 01:14 PM.

8. Some men took guns to large public events where the president is speaking....OH MY Gosh...One of them is black!!!

How many words does it take to try and justify/rationalize making that about race...............555!
    Last edited by Edwina's Secretary; 08-21-2009 at 02:00 PM.

Thanks for explaning. Seems like the victim's rights are overlooked
    in that case.IMO.
    No problem, and I, personally, agree with you.

Zimbabwe 07/13

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32503068...ews/?GT1=43001

More pictures of scary white people with guns!

-------------

Before I go on, I want to apologize to all the pink (and color gradients there of) people out there that I may have offended.

I also want to apologize for the Alamo, the fort and not the car rental place.
    Taco Bell and the faux chalupas, Making you all celebrate Cinco de Mayo and the awful Tequila Hangovers that follow and for Bill Richardson.

I really want to believe he does have Latin roots, but his last name is way too anglo-cized for me to get behind his cause(s).

I'll have to apologize for Sonia Sotomayor before hand! God knows what mistakes a wise latina will make in the future.

I want to apologize for all the kids that go to spring break in Mexico and come back sunburned, drunk, pregnant, ill or pick up an STD.

I will not apologize for Montezuma's Revenge.

We warn you about the water all the time.

I kinda have to apologize for all the complaints generated about the Frito Bandito, Taco Bell Dog and Juan Valdez, the coffee dude.

JV is actually Columbian, so I have limited authority to speak for him.

So, now that we have all the 'racial' stuff out of the way, can we go back to talking about politics?

-------------------------

Seriously.

Why are the 'astroturf' people at the THMs so riled up?

YOU work/have a career for a couple of decades and have money taken out of your checks for your "Maidandcare" then wake up one morning and have the idiot you voted into office tell you you are SOL.

Then you are going to tell me that you are going to NUKE the law into effect?

Nuclear was a pretty funny word when it was mispronounced for eight years, now you want me to understand and welcome it when it's pronounced 'correctly' and it's being used to shove a HIR/HCR bill up my wazoo????

Ai Dios!

I can hardly wait for the 2010 elections.

I am going to vote hard and fast, Then ask the politicians to squeal like a pig.
    It's gonna be fun being on the giving end this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Of course it makes no sense, ES deleted her post.

You two are way too full of yourselves.

No sweetie, it's a question of english grammer. AND.....

We can't help it if we are blessed.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

No sweetie, it's a question of english grammer. AND.....
    I had a Mexican Grammer and she lived to be almost 100. She didn't speak English but my other Grammer did.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I also want to apologize for the Alamo, the fort and not the car rental place.
    Taco Bell and the faux chalupas, Making you all celebrate Cinco de Mayo and the awful Tequila Hangovers that follow and for Bill Richardson.

I really want to believe he does have Latin roots, but his last name is way too anglo-cized for me to get behind his cause(s).
    Regarding Bill Richardson. His father - William Blaine Richardson Jr.

His mother - His mother, María Luisa López-Collada Márquez is the daughter of a Spanish father from Villaviciosa, Asturias, Spain and a Mexican mother.

I think that qualifies him as somewhat Hispanic.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I had a Mexican Grammer and she lived to be almost 100. She didn't speak English but my other Grammer did.

You are a nut. I gotta go watch the evening news.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Eleanor Roosevelt

15. Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    He's here leaching off the system
    Unless you are talking about urinating again

It is leeching not leaching.....

What ...you think you are the only one who can be petty?