Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Post Office Ending Saturday Delivery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I get the idea some of these people want to do away with the Postal Service altogether, and we can all just use FedEx and UPS and the rest.
    It's going to be about the same price soon.

USPS just upped their prices. Now to ship a 2 oz package to Canada... $6 not kidding. just regular first class mail that used to cost me about $2.50 is now SIX DOLLARS. that's insane

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    It's going to be about the same price soon.

USPS just upped their prices. Now to ship a 2 oz package to Canada... $6 not kidding. just regular first class mail that used to cost me about $2.50 is now SIX DOLLARS. that's insane
    International shipping rates through UPS and FEDEX are much higher, just ran a quick shipping quote from here to toronto for a .1 Kg package and it's just shy of $20.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    MoFf, call your congressman and the utility companies and let them know.

They are paying for 1st class mail, which is supposed to be 2-3 day delivery. If that isn't happening, they need to hear about it.

The utility companies are going to understand, as they are going to be getting more and more late payments due to Postal Management's outright fraud.

Congress needs to hear about it as well, as they have oversight of the Postal Service.
    I called the gas co last week. They told me to go on line and see my bill. Big help, eh? I'm giving them until the end of this week, then calling the post office to see if they can find it. It drives me crazy that it was probably delivered to the wrong address. I don't want any one else getting my personal info more than they already do.

I'm getting the idea that the gas co would like me to start paying on line. Don't know what I would do if the power or my computer were out in that case.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by momoffuzzyfaces View Post
    I called the gas co last week. They told me to go on line and see my bill. Big help, eh? I'm giving them until the end of this week, then calling the post office to see if they can find it. It drives me crazy that it was probably delivered to the wrong address. I don't want any one else getting my personal info more than they already do.

I'm getting the idea that the gas co would like me to start paying on line. Don't know what I would do if the power or my computer were out in that case.
    I was reluctant at first to pay bills on line, but now I wish I had done it a whole lot sooner. And you should also go paperless with your bills and statements, just so that they don't wind up in the wrong hands when they get delivered to the wrong address!!

As far as what you would do in the event of a power loss??? Simple - just pick up the phone and call who you want to pay, and pay with your checking account #. I don't know of any company that has ever refused that payment method. However, in the several years that I have been doing the on line bill pay, I've never had a situation arise where the power or my computer was down long enough to affect any payments. Of course, I always pay most of my bills for the month as soon as my S.S. check hits the bank, with the exception of 2 which I pay on the 15th. That way, they're all out of the way at once and I know I'm not forgetting any.

Obviously I trust myself 100% - but I sure don't have that same level of trust for the USPS.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I can't stress this enough:

If you are having delivery issues, late mail, missorted mail, etc....

DO NOT stop at the postmaster for your town.

Talk to the postmaster, but ask them for the POOM's number. (Post Office Operations Manager).

For an extra bonus, write to your Congressman's office and let them know about your issues.

The USPS is being very badly run at the moment, and Congress has the authority and the responsibility to fix the issue. Ask them to enforce the 2-3 day delivery standard, and ask them to exercise their powers of oversight and remove the incompetent fools who are ruining the USPS so they can get a nice pension from a major mailer after their career at the postal service is finished. The USPS is YOUR service, not Pitney Bowes' service.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post

As far as what you would do in the event of a power loss??? Simple - just pick up the phone and call who you want to pay, and pay with your checking account #. I don't know of any company that has ever refused that payment method. However, in the several years that I have been doing the on line bill pay, I've never had a situation arise where the power or my computer was down long enough to affect any payments. Of course, I always pay most of my bills for the month as soon as my S.S. check hits the bank, with the exception of 2 which I pay on the 15th. That way, they're all out of the way at once and I know I'm not forgetting any.

Obviously I trust myself 100% - but I sure don't have that same level of trust for the USPS.

I agree with you on paying bills online. Even better for me is to pay recurring fixed payments, like morgage or car payments, is to have
    them auto deducted from checking acct & once set up, they're never late & I can count on it 100%. Not so with the USPS.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    I agree with you on paying bills online. Even better for me is to pay recurring fixed payments, like morgage or car payments, is to have
    them auto deducted from checking acct & once set up, they're never late & I can count on it 100%. Not so with the USPS.
    I do the recurring fixed payments with my car insurance and supplemental health insurance, so I don't have those to worry about. I don't have a mortgage or car payment!!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

What makes me laugh is that I never have and real problems with the USPS and everytime I walk into a PO I make it a point to tell whoever is helping me that they do do a good job.

What EFFING IRRITATES ME is that I sometimes get the impolite AH in front of me that has to harrass some clerk that is there to help them.

I thank god my mom was in retail for a zillion years and would come home and tell us about the ONE PERSON who was a total schmuck - and that ruined her day. (She cried more than a few times).

The post office has no control over the fact that some people mail their payments out the day before they are due (guilty, more than once)

The PO has no control over the weather or a cancelled flight, I don't think they even have control over the semis that have to deliver trailers of mail, via the interstate system.

The PO clerk has no control over you putting three old stamps, in order to make up the new postal rates, because people are too busy to get to the PO or didn't think enough to buy forever stamps (Guilty)

The PO isn't responsible for a misaddressed envelope, putting the payment slip in backwards or having it slide into a postion where it cannot be read.

The PO isn't responsible for the folded envelopes that you put into the post, that are fed into the machine and cause the effer to jam. (Guilty, guilty, guilty....)

There are a few other things that I want to rant about but people will say that I am an apologist for the PO.

I have no vested interest in the PO, nor do I have any connections to the PO other than watching to poor guy running down the street in some screwed up weather, trying to get me my packages in the middle of a snow storm.

---------

One thing about living in CA is that the west coast had many 'payment processing centers' in NorCal, so sending a payment from El Lay to San Fran was an overnight -at best - trip and the checks were cashed so fast that I had to rely on change or Top Ramen to finish out a week....

------------

Sometimes is way too easy to point the finger at the "Big Generator".....

How's about having the people that fund the PO take a little time to look at the problems associated with the system and reform it?

Naw, that would be too easy and what would we then complain about?

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

Naw, that would be too easy and what would we then complain about?
    Hmmmm - let's see..............

I can complain about one of the rude and lazy clerks at my local branch - the one who is too lazy to look for the package because you don't have the notification slip handy - or if she does decide to do you a big favor and look for it, then makes you produce an i.d., even tho she knows right well who you are. Yes - I had to walk back out to my car in the pouring rain to get my driver's license - sure didn't know I would need it to pick up a package!!!! And I can complain about a rural driver who had a package (prescriptions) for my ex, that was too big to fit in the box, so instead of leaving a tag for him to go pick it up, she opened the door to the mailbox and set it on there. Smart move - huh??? Not only did it fall off and land in the ditch by the road, but any smart ass could have come by and swiped it with no problem at all. I just happened to look down when I got the mail and see it laying there. Did I go ballistic and report it - you bet your sweet bippie I did!!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I do the recurring fixed payments with my car insurance and supplemental health insurance, so I don't have those to worry about. I don't have a mortgage or car payment!!!!

LOL me either. They were just examples.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Hmmmm - let's see..............

I can complain about one of the rude and lazy clerks at my local branch - the one who is too lazy to look for the package because you don't have the notification slip handy - or if she does decide to do you a big favor and look for it, then makes you produce an i.d., even tho she knows right well who you are.
    And if she doesn't ask for ID, and the stupidvisor happens to be looking when she's talking to you, she gets disciplinary action for not following procedure. Not lazy, they have checklists and procedures to follow, and whether she knows you or not, she has no idea if you're the "mystery shopper" of the day.

The same goes for mailing a package. They have a list of questions they have to ask.....even if the clerk is your spouse and knows what you're mailing. If the questions in their training aren't asked, they can get written up, which is why it can take time for a line to move.

And if she doesn't ask for ID, and the stupidvisor happens to be looking when she's talking to you, she gets disciplinary action for not following procedure. Not lazy,
    Well this stupidvisor needs to write herself up, because she'll give me the package with no problem or attitude. And she has been standing within earshot when Miss Rude and Nasty gives me the 3rd degree, and has gone and gotten the package for me herself, after shooting her subordinate a dirty look. Yes - that one is LAZY!!!!

I'm talking about a small rural p.o. - not a branch in a big city, too!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Well this stupidvisor needs to write herself up, because she'll give me the package with no problem or attitude. And she has been standing within earshot when Miss Rude and Nasty gives me the 3rd degree, and has gone and gotten the package for me herself, after shooting her subordinate a dirty look. Yes - that one is LAZY!!!!

I'm talking about a small rural p.o. - not a branch in a big city, too!!!
    Postal stupidvision 101:

The rules are for thee, not me.

In addition, you have no idea what their working relationship is.

Sheesh! Definite drop a note to her higher-ups!

The standard list of questions for a package got to be a standing joke at the Post Office in Newtonville, where we used to live. I usually ended up with the same clerk, "Tee", and after she recited the "Anything fragile, perishable, liquid or hazardous," and I dutifully answered, "No," with an eye roll, she'd say "Kitty toys or puppy toys?" She was a cat person herself....
    I've Been Frosted

In addition, you have no idea what their working relationship is.
    Quite true, but I'll take stupidvisor over the red-headed biach any day ~ ~~ as would everyone else I know of that's had to deal with "Her Sweetness".
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013