Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tina Peepers has an ear tumor! Surgery on 11/6/08

Tina Peepers has an ear tumor! Surgery on 11/6/08

Mondays at our house is check the ears night. Last Monday, I got out all this brown yuck out of Tina's right ear. Gently, I went back into her ear, and the q-tip came out bloody. I got out my cheap otoscope, and found a crater on the side of Tina's ear canal. On Tuesday, Tina went to the vet. A biopsy was scheduled for Thursday. The area crater was removed and sent for a biopsy. The results came a few minutes ago. Tina has a Ceruminous(wax making)Gland Tumor. Our vet is to call and we will discuss what to do next. It is recommended to have a complete surgical excision. Barry and I are OK with that. Tina with one ear is better than no Tina at all!! If you can, please remember Tina in your prayers. She did survive a distemper epidemic in 1996 that wiped out the feral colony where she lived. Tina is a tough cookie......and the sweetest little tuxie at 12yrs!!!Thanks...
    Last edited by kb2yjx; 10-25-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Update
    Nine is Fine!!

OMG! Does she have to lose the whole ear? Is the tumour malignant?

Glad it was found and caught - bless you two for doing the weekly ear exams...or this could have been worse.

{{{{hugs}}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh goodness, how scary! Thank goodness for your weekly ear exams. Prayers are going up immediately for Tina Peepers that all will go well w/her surgery. Hopefully, she'll get to keep her ear but, if not, just think of how unique she'll be! She is already but this would make her even more special. Give her some belly rubs for me since ear scritchies are probably out of the question right now.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Oh my goodness.. Oh Tina Peepers you hang in there girl & get better soon.. Sending Lots of Positive Vibes & Prayers.. keep us posted ok

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

I KNOW HOW THAT FEELS SANDRA, AS PRECIOUS ANGEL HAD TO HAVE EAR SUGERY DONE TOO ABOUT TWO YEARS AGO, AND LUCKILY ALTHOUGH HER EAR WAS AT HALF MAST FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE, SHE DIDNT LOSE IT
    SHE AND A PARTY OF ANIMAL ARMY ANGELS WILL BE THERE TO KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR HER , AND HELP HER THROUGH HER OPERATION.
    PLEASE OUR ALL MIGHTY LORD GOD , HELP TIA PEEPERS IN HER HOUR OF NEED AND LET HER BE WELL AND HEALTHY.
    AMEN.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I KNOW that Tina will be just fine. Dr. A called and she is going to speak with an oncologist, to see how much should be removed via surgery. No matter what, we will STILL love the Miss Peeps!!! Will keep you posted on what will be next.....THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sandra & Tina Peepers
    Nine is Fine!!

Prayers for Tina Peepers (I just LOVE that name). You'll be the cutest little one eared tuxie that every lived!

My prayers also for Tina Peepers that all will turn out well.
    Heaven is the place of final and complete happinees God has prepared for us----and if animals are necessary to make us happy in heaven, then you can be sure God will have them there. Reverend Billy Graham

I'm sorry to hear this but I'm glad that you caught it and took her the vet asap. I hope that everything will go well. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.

My main nickname for Starr is "Peepers" and he loves it. He'll start rolling around acting goofy when I say it in a high pitched voice.

Oh my. I hope the surgery goes well and keeps the ear problems from returning. Thinking of you and hoping for a smooth surgery, and speedy recovery.

RIP Dusty July 2 2007 RIP Sabrina June 16 2011 RIP Jack July 2 2013 RIP Bear July 5 2016 RIP Pooky June 23 2018. RIP Josh July 6 2019 RIP Cami January 6 2022

Poor baby! Best wishes going out to Tina Peepers. We will be thinking of her.

Sending all my best wishes to Tina Peepers. I'll go and introduce ear exams here.

After consulting with oncologist, Dr. Ascher called. Tina is scheduled for surgery on November 6th. Since the tumour was not on the ear canal side close to the brain, Tina will not have radical surgery if it was. The area where the tumour was will be removed, margins, is the word Dr. A used. The vet she spoke with, said this is what he would do if it was HIS cat. And I trust Dr. A. Tina will be going in for the pre-op bloodwork and EKG on November 3. The results coming in the next day. Tina is going to be allright!!!!!
    Nine is Fine!!

I'm glad to hear that surgery will be able to correct her problem and I hope that everything will go well for her. I'll add her to my prayer list that's ever growing. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Indeed, Tina will be alright. Great news! Prayers going up that her surgery and recovery will go quickly and easily.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11