I took both Sunny and Pearl to my holistic vet today because Sunny's having some behavioral problems and Pearl was starting to break out again on her lips. The vet noticed that Sunny has a slight heart murmur which no one else has ever detected. She's going to let my regular vet know about this so we can monitor it in the future. Sunny is now going to be taking 2 Gui Pi Wan pills at night to help calm him down. These pills are also good for his heart which is an added bonus. He was taking Storm's Calm Spirit pills but they weren't doing anything for him because he needs a different formula. She wants to see him in 4 weeks so he'll be going back in June when I take Sky back in for another recheck. I sure hope that these will do the trick because he's been driving me crazy.

Right now Pearl's lip and chin area look good and she checked out to be a very healthy girl. She has Eosinophilic Granuloma Complex and has been doing very well since she's been on a grain free diet. She broke out on her chin in March and I just thought that it was feline acne. It got worse and her lips were also becoming inflamed and she was scratching herself raw. I took her to my regular vet on April 1st and she had a mild case of EGC and was put on prednisolone for 2 weeks. This cleared up most of it but it took a while for her lips to clear up.

She's also been taking Lysine Gel 1/4tsp 2 times a day and this really seems to be helping her. My holistic vet said to keep this up and if she ever breaks out again I can buy Giai which is some kind of a licorice liquid that's a low alcohol glycerin formula. I can buy this at Wholefoods and I'd give her .5cc by mouth once daily for 14 days. It works similar to the pred without surpressing her immune system and I don't have to wean her off of it. It also has a very long shelf life which is good to know.

I think that the Evanger's Organic Turkey & Butternut Squash canned food was making Pearl break out again. I noticed that it seemed like the company had changed it's formula so I called them and the owner said that they hadn't. It also looked like they were adding rice to it even though he said that they weren't. Storm, Starr, and Pearl were all not doing well on it any more so I donated the rest of my cans to the Humane Society. I'm now only feeding my cats Innova Evo canned and dry food and they're all doing great on it. That's all for now.