Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To end the old year...

To end the old year...

I was really lax on posting and showing off my girls.. Their feelings are hurt.. It has been a rough year here for me and I need to post more and show the girls off more and tell stories about them and what they are up to.

To start, my Memorial I made (finally) for Boo.. I have finally stopped crying every day but I still do now and then, just because I miss her but I do regret letting her suffer longer than she needed to. It was so selfish of me to keep her here because I didn't want to let her go. However, I am at peace with having to have her PTS.

For You Lady Boo. I know you and Mama are having a blast catching up and being together again. You had a large family of humans that loved you and I am proud to have had you in my life and see that your final years were happy ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Giz! My wonderful funny girl that has amused me for so many years is now a sweet lap cat that that has mellowed out as she has aged. She still plays and loves her toys and Caramella has kept her young by getting her to do the chase game with her, They rip and run and almost distroy my house. But when she is resting, she is on the top bunk and always making use of her pillow as shown in these pictures..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amy is still Amy, sweet as can be but age is not being kind to her. She has a difficult time getting around now. Either the Cosequin has stopped working or is isn't enough. The vet tells me they have a shot they can give her for arthritis that we can try but I hate having to take her out because it stresses her out so bad. She comes to me every night, wanting her loving time in my lap and she cuddles and purs and is just so sweet... I swear, she smiles when we have our "special time"..

I wanted to show you this picture because Caramella has realized she is "different" and it concerns her a lot. Rather than ignoring her as the others do, she looks after her. Caramella will walk up to her and lick her and she is always reaching out to touch her. This I thought was SO sweet.

more coming..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

A good close up of Amy..

OH! And this picture I am SO proud of! Loosing Boo has made them all closer and they will "share" space now.. I looked one day and saw this and HAD to get a picture!! All 4 in one shot!!

My beautiful black Samantha, the heater vent hugger! It is hard to believe she has gotten even sweetier but age has made her appreciate a warm lap even more. Her whiskers and brows are white now and it makes her even cutier.

This is blurry but I think it is a great picture of her.

More coming >>

Caramella! What a big one she is now...13pounds of solid muscle..

She is a regular Chatty Kathy and this is how she is every day... (I play this on the computer and she runs to the hallway and sits there looking down the hall for the kitty that is talking.. Click on the picture, it is a video.

I got to tell you, like I said, she notices that Amy is different and as she helped Boo in her final days, she now helps Amy. I watched her one day and she watched Amy going to her litter box. Amy stopped almost at her box and Caramella took her paw and pushed Amy towards her box.. Amy got to the entrance of her box and stopped and Caramella took her paw and pushed her into her box.. I was amazed at how she was with Boo and now how she is with Amy. She is the first one of any of them that has taken ANY time to notice Amy is even here. She makes it very clear that she loves Amy with how she follows her around helping her and loving on her, washing her face and trying to get her to play a little.

Awwww, thanks for sharing with us all! Sweet kitties!
    I've Been Frosted

Yes, thanks so much for sharing your stories and pics. Love Giz...what a gorgeous cat! Caramella is sweet too. Love the pic of her touching the other kitty.

Always love seeing pics.

What beautiful pictures, and what sweet tales you have to tell about them all! You and your kitty family are all so special and so blessed. Thank you for sharing them with us!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I really liked the photo that had all the cats in it. They looked so cozy. How very sweet of Caramella to help Amy. I didnt know cats would do that as I've always had just one housecat at a time.... so sweet.... and certainly makes Caramella a wonderful girl (which we knew she was anyway).

"Giz has mellowed as she has aged." That, my friend, is WISDOM!

I loved seeing Boo again and reading about her one last time.

Dear Amy, always sweet, despite all her frailties. Maybe you can get more info on this injection, such as how often she would need it; and would they allow you to take the loaded syringe home and give it yourself? Just a thought. Oh how I know about not wanting to take out a kitty who gets stressed!

I'll tell you, I sometimes forget Samantha's name, and to myself I DO call her "The Vent Hugger!" LOL, she is so pretty.

As for Caramella, what can I say that I haven't already said? She is quite special, unique in her upbringing and unique in her ways and personality. Keeping Giz young by playing games, watching over Boo and now tending Amy; and let's not forget how she dotes on YOU! I haven't watched the vid (my Dad is watching the news, and will yell if I turn it on ha haa) but I will be back to check that out!

They may be older but they are all still as beautiful as ever!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caramella is indeed a special kitty, as she was sent to you with a special purpose to be yours, and maybe somehow she feels that. She is so loving and tending it sounds to be. She was sent to you to help take care of you when you needed it ( and when you might neeed it) and to take care of Kitty Boo and now Amy too..... She is definately one-of-a-kind and she is cute as a button too
    Nothing says love like a kitty purring in you ear

1-1-06 buddy in basket bright

You are so blessed to have such wonderful kitties to share your life with. They all bring their own special gifts to you and their sister cats. I played the video, Cali was indifferent but Diego had to stop playing, come right over to me and look at the computer screen.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    What beautiful pictures, and what sweet tales you have to tell about them all! You and your kitty family are all so special and so blessed. Thank you for sharing them with us!

Quote Originally Posted by kaycountrygal View Post
    I really liked the photo that had all the cats in it. They looked so cozy. How very sweet of Caramella to help Amy. I didnt know cats would do that as I've always had just one housecat at a time.... so sweet.... and certainly makes Caramella a wonderful girl (which we knew she was anyway).
    Agree, agree, agree!!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I remember us discussing Caramella while she was still young. She is indeed a gift for you.

I've known cats that were aware of other's discomfort, people and other cats. Caramella is an Angel in disguise.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thanks for sharing all of your babies with us, Laura!
    ((Hugs)) to you!

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I remember us discussing Caramella while she was still young. She is indeed a gift for you.

I've known cats that were aware of other's discomfort, people and other cats. Caramella is an Angel in disguise.
    I agree. Caramella is a very special cat and she was sent to you because you needed her in your life.

All of your girls are gorgeous and I'm glad to see and hear that they're all getting along well now too. I wish that my Pearl and Ziggy would learn how to get along well with their brothers and each other too.