Thread: Buttons is dead 9-14-2005 8-25-2012

I'm very sorry about Buttons.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries

everett animal control for buttons

buttons was being sent out for cremation when everett animal control instead picked buttons for testing as to what happened then button goes back to vet for cremation and i get him back near end of week in a cremation box.. lori trask of everett animal control requested i fill out a report as to what happened.. while they investigate what happened. i miss our pretty buttons it hurts so much.. please pray for buttons.. just while i was typeing here everett animal control officer stopped by with a report for me to fill out.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

5 people bitten by 2 dogs in 'chomping spree' (PLEASE READ) BUTTONS DIED BY THESE DOGS

5 people bitten by 2 dogs in 'chomping spree'

By Eric Stevick, and Rikki King, Herald Writers

EVERETT -- Two dogs went on a "chomping spree" Saturday, biting five people, mauling two cats and at one point leading police to warn homeowners to stay inside, officials said.

A pit bull terrier and a boxer got loose from their yard and terrorized part of north Everett on Saturday morning, biting a man on a walk, a woman headed to work, a police officer, a man who was sleeping outside and a woman sitting outside in a chair.

At least three people were treated for dog bites at Providence Regional Medical Center Everett.

The pit bull died after receiving an electric shock from a police Taser in the 1500 block of Grand Avenue.

"They went on a chomping spree," Everett police officer Aaron Snell said. "That's why the officers were aggressive in their attempts to corral the dogs."

The dogs were known to be a danger. Animal control officers last summer deemed both animals "potentially dangerous dogs" after a biting incident, according to city records.

The female pit bull was named "Mia," and the female boxer is "Jewels," Snell said.

Patricia Strong was lucky the dog bites didn't break her skin when they confronted her in an alley in the 1600 block of Oakes Avenue.

The attack happened just feet from the bedroom window of the victim's daughter-in-law, Jessica Chrisman, 30. The family had the windows closed and didn't hear the attack.

Strong was resting in a chair in the back driveway, Chrisman said. She saw the dogs and began speaking to them, asking what they were doing in the alley. The dogs came up to her, barking and growling.

One "grabbed her pants leg and was shaking its head back and forth," Chrisman said.

After the attack, Strong had holes punched in her pants from the dog's teeth, Chrisman said.

Chrisman noted that she is a dog lover, and has owned two pit bills in the past 10 years. Both were "really, really lovey," she said.

She's still teaching her younger children to be wary of strange dogs, she said.

"My kids would have approached the dogs, and they would have been torn to shreds," she said.

The first complaint about the dogs was made around 6:30 a.m. when an Everett man, 44, was attacked while walking in the 1300 block of Lombard Avenue. The dogs crossed the street to attack him, witnesses told police.

A passerby was able to come to his rescue and get the dogs off him, but not before the victim received serious bites to his back and legs, Snell said. His arms also were bitten. He was taken by aid car to the hospital.

Later, a 27-year-old Everett woman on her way to work was bitten as she got out of her car in a parking lot in the 1700 block of Rockefeller Avenue.

A police officer who tried to coax the dogs into the back of his patrol car was bitten in the leg in the 1800 block of Lombard Avenue. He escaped more injuries when he shot at them with his electronic stun gun.

"The dogs approached in a friendly manner and were wagging their tails. But then one lunged and bit him," Snell said.

An Everett man, 44, was sleeping outside in the 1800 block of Broadway when he was attacked and bitten on his feet.

"The man scared the dogs away by yelling and swinging his backpack, but not before they bit through his shoes," Snell said.

He went to the hospital, Snell said.

At one point, police used loudspeakers to urge people to remain in their homes until the dogs could be caught.

Police eventually tracked the boxer to its home in the 1700 block of Lombard Avenue and contacted the owners. The dog now is quarantined at Everett's animal shelter while the case is investigated.

Police found the pit bull after an extensive search.

The dog died after police shot it with an electronic stun gun in an attempt to bring it under control, Snell said.

"The dogs were known to Everett animal control officers," Snell said. "There have been previous investigations into the dogs' activities."

No arrests have been made or citations issued.

Both dogs were deemed to be "potentially dangerous dogs" in August 2011 after being involved in a biting incident, city spokeswoman Kate Reardon said.

The pit bull also had been classified as potentially dangerous because of its breed. In Everett, the definition of "potentially dangerous dog" includes a provision that specifically lists pit bulls.

Everett's municipal code prohibits people from allowing dogs deemed potentially dangerous from leaving their property without being muzzled. They also must be on a chain or leash.

The boxer will remain at the city animal shelter for at least 10 days, Reardon said.

"The future of the dog has yet to be determined," Reardon said.

The owners could release the dog to the animal shelter or get it back under strict conditions.

The city could upgrade the boxer's classification to "dangerous dog," which would increase the requirements on the owners to include a $100 registration fee and proof of a $250,000 insurance security bond.

Neighbors in north Everett on Monday were out walking their dogs and carrying in groceries. They said they were shocked to hear about the attacks.

Justin Jugum, 30, was walking with his German Shepherd-Husky mix, Sasha. He often sees stray dogs running around and crosses the street with Sasha to avoid them, he said. He sees pit bulls all the time, but they're often harmless, he said.

"It's more of an irresponsible owner thing, in my opinion," he said.

Sue Murphy has lived in the neighborhood for 36 years. She recently bought pepper spray after encountering an aggressive dog while walking her two Dachshunds along 16th Street.

The dog grabbed one of her dogs, and she had to call police.

"When you're walking two dogs, it's hard to get them both picked up," she said.

Murphy's neighbor, Judy Ross, likes to walk with her yellow Labrador, who stays close by her side.

Ross said she wishes people would follow leash laws. She worries about the loose dogs, too, especially because "it's always some little, tiny dog trying to find its way home," she said.

"There's been a lot of strays around, and I hate to see them get hit by a car or something," she said.

Some pit bull owners have taken aim at the city's municipal code for singling out the pit bull breed as potentially dangerous.

A woman recently brought the issue to the Everett City Council.

Since then, the city has received more than 150 form-letter emails saying the city should "STOP racial profiling dogs!!!." The email writers report to be from as far away as France, Slovenia and Romania.

Eric Stevick: 425-339-3446, [email protected].

What a Great Cat Buttons is, and sadly when we let our Cats out , there is always that element of danger.
    That is such a way to find a Cat, we used to do that many years ago when Cats were by nature indoor outdoor Pets.
    Buttons has his wings of Silve and Gold , and will drop by to let you know that his passing was not your fault, sadly he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    Buttons is in Purradise now ,and will find a place where you and All his Angel Companions will reunite in love.
    One Fine Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Blog Entries

cremation for buttons by everett animal shelter

the vet broadway animal hospital called and said that everett animal shelter will do a private cremations for buttons at no cost.. after the test for how buttons died.. the vet is taking the charges off so i dont get charged for it.. i also in contact with attorney office for legal action and compinsation for my unbearable pain for losing buttons... God bless all the pet talkers on this web site.. pat n diane 20120828.0932

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    It's sad and unfortunate that Buttons is dead, but I don't see how monetary compensation could begin to ease your pain.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    It's sad and unfortunate that Buttons is dead, but I don't see how monetary compensation could begin to ease your pain.
    I don't think the money is the point of the exercise - making the person who owned the dogs bear some responsibility, and perhaps even feel some remorse is the point. The money is just the means to make an impact on them they might understand.
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I don't think the money is the point of the exercise - making the person who owned the dogs bear some responsibility, and perhaps even feel some remorse is the point. The money is just the means to make an impact on them they might understand.
    Not to sound cold, but the dogs had previous records according to the published article, and were well known to animal control. Obviously the owners cared nothing for the dogs or any of their actions, so I doubt this will make any kind of impact or raise feelings of remorse either.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'll bet my life that these dogs weren't utd on their rabies either. That sucks that Animal Control didn't file charges against the owners.

RIP sweet Buttons.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Not to sound cold, but the dogs had previous records according to the published article, and were well known to animal control. Obviously the owners cared nothing for the dogs or any of their actions, so I doubt this will make any kind of impact or raise feelings of remorse either.
    No, but it will make an impact on their wallet, which they likely WILL notice, and regret THAT, if nothing else.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries

a new star.. i saw it.. it is buttons

for the past couple of morning i got up and looked up into the dark sky and this bright star venus shown right over the place where i found buttons.. i quote the posting that was posted earlier on cotd web site
    -----------------
    HERE IS A NEW STAR SHINING IN THE SKY TONIGHT ...
    Author unknown

There is an old belief that the stars shining in the night sky are the spirits of those who have died. They have shed their earthly bodies and exchanged them for bodies made of light; thousands upon thousands of our dear departed friends all promoted to glory in the night sky. There is another saying that the brightest flame burns the shortest.

My friend, you were the brightest star in my own universe. While I burn on, my flame dimmed by grief and despair at your passing, the stars are watching me. They are too far away for me to touch, just as you have gone somewhere I cannot follow until my own star-time comes. They cannot be held close for comfort, just as I can no longer hold you close, though I held you close to comfort you in your final hours. We were together for such a short time, but the stars will burn forever.

One day I will grow tired of this earthbound body, my own star-time will come and my spirit will soar into the sky to burn with all those friends who have gone before me. On the inky cloth of space we will be reunited in constellations of joy. Until then, my flame burns low and dim and cold without you. Through my tears I look upwards to see if you are watching me and what do I see?

There is a new star shining in the sky tonight. .. Please pray for buttons.. pat n diane

Blog Entries

buttons pix.. (thank you sharon)

sharon made a pix of rusty and i contacted her and she made one for butttons..

-----------------

Blog Entries

criminal investigation

everett animal shelter is doing a criminal investigation about the dogs and the death of buttons.. they are not talking untill it is complet.... i miss pretty mr buttons.....meals on wheels sent me a card and the vet sandra brought by a memorial card and some roses for me and diane.. pat

Blog Entries

buttons last will..

buttons leaves his last will for us..
    -----------

I am so sorry your Buttons is dead and especially the way he died--just terrible and should not have happened. I understand how sad and upset you are. Buttons was indeed a beautiful cat. My own Luke cat died Aug 13 2012 and I posted that "New Star in the Sky Tonight" re him. I'm sure others have posted it before but mine was rather recent. Again, I am so sorry for your loss. My Condolences... Kay in NC