Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyones dog do this????

Does Anyones dog do this????

Duke has funny way of eating his food! He takes mouthfulls at a time and drops it in the middle of the floor, and then eats it! Sometimes he carries it over to his bed to eat it! Why does he do this?? Does anyone elses dog do this??? Is he just a silly dog?
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Ellie does that! Those silly puppies! For some reason, she'll just get a big mouthful and drop it on the floor, and eat it piece by piece. Those silly puppies!

"To err is human; to forgive, canine."
    -Anonymous

Chloe would do the same thing when i used to feed kibble, she still trys to do it now with the raw meat, but im slowly teaching her to keep it in the bowl

Yes, my RB girl, Missy, did that. I think they do it because they want to eat their food in a 'safe' place, where it won't get stolen.

*Sammy*Springen*Molli*

Ripley does that too! I had a toy poodle years ago who is now at the RB that also did that and always had to deposit the kibble on some carpeted area. Ripley will sometimes only take it about a foot from the bowl and then drop it. Silly doggies.

Up North. Where all your troubles freeze and fall off.
    JENNY USED TO DO THAT WITH HER KIBBLES AND BITS. SHE WOULD USUALLY NOT EAT IT OR JUST SPREAD IT AROUND AND PICK THROUGH IT. wHEN I changed foods she stopped. ( sorry I had caps-lock on, )
    STILL AVAILABLE BY E-MAIL

My Mia does this also. She often will go get a few pieces of food then carry over to where ever I am and drop them on the floor and eat them one by one . I had wondered too if my dog was the only one who did this .

I feed Bailey his raw meat outside and he ALWAYS picks it out of his bowl and takes it to the grass! He always eats laying down, with his meat between his front paws - he has to protect it from the neighbors dog.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

Tango did that when she was a puppy, but I didnt like it at all and stopped her. Plus, when she dropped them all over the floor, the other dogs would eat them before she got a chance. Now they get water in with their kibble so it would be a huge mess if she still ate like that.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Delilah doesn't do this with her dog food that is put down but if we give her food from our hands..she'll take it somewhere..drop it..and eat off the floor.

Thanks Anita Cholaine for the awesome siggy!

Tobey used to do it all the time but is learning that if he does it now Archie steals it from under his nose!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

WOW!!! I am glad to hear that I am not the only one!!! Duke dosent always do it, but the majority of the time he does. It doent bother me at all, but I did think it was weird!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!

Pete does that too! We feed him kibbles and bits..and he does'nt eat the red and brown kibbles for some reason

Welcome to the Family Pete!! (Thanks for the siggys bri!)Pete's Dogster Scamp's Dogster

When Kaige was fed kibble he would push the bowl around until kibble spilled out of it. That was the only way he'd eat it, if it fell out of his bowl & onto the floor. I thought it was so hilarious.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

My dog does almost the same thing.. except she takes the first bite over to the carpet, eats it and then finishes her food at her bowl. She always does this with the first bite only