Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help my cause - raise $ for a new processor for my cochlear implant? *updated*

Help my cause - raise $ for a new processor for my cochlear implant? *updated*

So, today this morning I went to the Cleveland Clinic to check out my cochlear implant I currently have. After 10 years, I found out after testing, that I am due for a upgrade, and I can’t afford to get one – It is $5000, just to get a new processor. The one I currently have is giving me issues – which isn’t good.. because that means, eventually it might stop working then I won't be able to hear.. OR I could repair my processor, which is $500. Either way, I am willing to see how far I can go with this idea. Would anyone consider to help out, purchase a card/print/t-shirt? So I thought, hey, why not can I try here.. anyone willing to help out a little? - Thanks for listening/reading..

Here's the fundraiser website where you can donate your $ through Paypal: http://www.fundable.com/groupactions...-06.1432625682

Or

You can look at my stuff at http://rmcbuckeye.redbubble.com/

Last edited by CountryWolf07; 04-06-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Post on Kijiji and Craigslist too - and maybe a local tv/radio station where you live would be happy to do a small interview and list the website?

I'll have a good look later.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Gosh, sweetie, will your health insurance not cover that?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Gosh, sweetie, will your health insurance not cover that?
    Don't have one.. don't have a job or my dad either.. so basically.. yeah.. Boo.
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Without getting too personal, if you are without a job or insurance, wouldn't you qualify for medicaid? Or SSDI? Isn't there a county agency that could help you??

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Consider starting a collection on www.fundable.com for a portion of the funds.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I'll take a look at your website in a little while. I just got home and I'm bushed. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Thanks everyone. We just can't afford anything right now, to be honest, so my last resort is to the fund raiser website & my website with my artwork/photography...

I think this is the kind of thing you could do community fundraising for - you know, get some friends together and hold a car wash, put up jars with a note and your smiling picture on it at local shops - "Keep Rachel hearing!" and folks would be happy to throw in some support in the form of dollars.

Also, you might see if you can do an "event" at which you could speak about the difference having the cochlear implant has made in your life and your education!
    I've Been Frosted

I think selling your creations is brilliant - it gets your stuff exposure and helps you pay your own way with this.

Again - local media - they LOVE human interest stories. Think about it. It would really drive traffic to that site.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Just placed an order for a t-shirt. I needed to replace my sleeping shirt -- since I accidentally put it in the hotel laundry -- and it was never seen again. I'm bummed because it had a photo of "Deadhorse Denver" -- the only known cat in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Denver lives at the General Store and is a big love bug!

Can't wait to get the shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98 View Post
    Just placed an order for a t-shirt. I needed to replace my sleeping shirt -- since I accidentally put it in the hotel laundry -- and it was never seen again. I'm bummed because it had a photo of "Deadhorse Denver" -- the only known cat in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska. Denver lives at the General Store and is a big love bug!

Can't wait to get the shirt!
    Oh my gosh, thank you! I appreciate it. Were you the one to purchase the "I Love You" in ASL? Hope you enjoy wearing the t-shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    Oh my gosh, thank you! I appreciate it. Were you the one to purchase the "I Love You" in ASL? Hope you enjoy wearing the t-shirt!
    Yeppers! That was me.

hmmmmmm...... kinda diggin' that Jeep shirt, since I have a Jeep (much older though). I'll have to sleep on it. I assume they are not pre-shrunk?

Quote Originally Posted by aTailOf2Kitties View Post
    hmmmmmm...... kinda diggin' that Jeep shirt, since I have a Jeep (much older though). I'll have to sleep on it. I assume they are not pre-shrunk?
    I designed it in Photoshop. And yes, it's made of cotton -