Thread: Is she pregnant?

Is she pregnant?

Can you tell if your dogs pregnant at about 1 to 2 weeks? i tried to seperate my dogs and the female seemed to jump our 5 feet fence! she never ever did before i never knew she even could and now im afraid she has gotten pregnant because she was in heat and if she is im guessing she about 1 to 2 weeks along? i want to take her to the vets but i have to wait til i get paid first.

Quote Originally Posted by angelbow20
    Can you tell if your dogs pregnant at about 1 to 2 weeks? i tried to seperate my dogs and the female seemed to jump our 5 feet fence! she never ever did before i never knew she even could and now im afraid she has gotten pregnant because she was in heat and if she is im guessing she about 1 to 2 weeks along? i want to take her to the vets but i have to wait til i get paid first.
    No actually it takes half way through and a vet can palpate her to determine if pregnant.
    Nothing should change in her until 26 days. by then its pay day. And he can tell. What type of dog is this? How old?

shes a retriever and shes alittle over a yr.... we wanted to wait to get her fixed and i was planning on it after xmas and we had her kept inside and in the fened in part of our yard and thats when she decided to jump over it and never once did before and i was at work so my dad caught her and said he thinks she is pregnant, and i pushed on her and she has gotten alittle fater and her nipples got bigger but i gfigure that can be from her going into heat... i was so upset when i found out but whatever happens i guess happened for a reason and if she is pregnant i know many people willing to take her pups. she went into heat i would say around oct. 5th thats when i seperated her from the other animals because people always come to our house and bring there dogs also and i wanted to be safe so we kept her away.

The vet can easily spay her in a couple of weeks, might be a good idea for your girls sake and for the sake of the 1000s of unwanted dogs being killed in pounds all over the world (No need to add to the over population).

Goodluck with what ever you decide.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by angelbow20
    shes a retriever and shes alittle over a yr.... we wanted to wait to get her fixed and i was planning on it after xmas and we had her kept inside and in the fened in part of our yard and thats when she decided to jump over it and never once did before and i was at work so my dad caught her and said he thinks she is pregnant, and i pushed on her and she has gotten alittle fater and her nipples got bigger but i gfigure that can be from her going into heat... i was so upset when i found out but whatever happens i guess happened for a reason and if she is pregnant i know many people willing to take her pups. she went into heat i would say around oct. 5th thats when i seperated her from the other animals because people always come to our house and bring there dogs also and i wanted to be safe so we kept her away.
    Whatever happened happened because she wasn't fixed, not because it was "meant to be". I hope she is not pregnant and is spayed asap. She is much too young to be having puppies, not to mention an unplanned untested breeding.

Thanks Jess for the great sig of my kids!

I love you baby, passed away 03/04/2008

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx
    The vet can easily spay her in a couple of weeks, might be a good idea for your girls sake and for the sake of the 1000s of unwanted dogs being killed in pounds all over the world (No need to add to the over population).

I agree. the last thing we need is more puppies in this world.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Any update?
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Quote Originally Posted by cloverfdx

Goodluck with what ever you decide.
    Ditto!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Well my neighbor is a vet tech so she knows about pregnant dogs, so when she got home i asked her to check my doggy out and she said she didnt think she was she could just look somewhat different like her nipple got bigger and stuff from heat, but gracie is a very active dog so its hard to tell, i have to wait to take her to the vet because theres no opening until late next week and it might sound crazy but i dont trust any other vets around here but the one i take my dogs to so i will be going then to if i can get in to find out for sure.