Thread: Standing up to pee.

Standing up to pee.

I have a rescue cat, Siamese female. She stands up to pee. Is there any help for me.? She doesn't seem to mind.!!
    Was doing it in her foster home also.
    We got her anyway.

Does she use the letterbox, just does so standing up?
    I've Been Frosted

pee

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Does she use the letterbox, just does so standing up?
    Yes, very good about that, always had open boxes but had to get enclosed for her.

I guess as long as you have an enclosed litter box for her use, all will be fine.

She may have a sore spine or a leg issue. I don't know how old she is, could just be arthritis. If it doesn't bother her, and if you are fine with the enclosed box, I guess I don't see a problem!

If by standing up the pee is going up on the sides/back of box then she could be considered spraying or marking, an indication of stress. Of course you need to rule out any urinary tract infection. I have a female calico that does it on occassion, less now since one of the other cats has been removed who enjoyed tormenting her.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

I actually asked the vets this on the radio show. They said it is just something some cats do, she may have gotten into the habit as a young kitten in challenging circumstances, and now she just thinks that's how it's done! Their advice was to enjoy it is just a unique part of her personality!
    I've Been Frosted