Thread: Politics and religion.

Then there are the millions of undocumented people here. They will have to get free health care because it would be cruel and inhuman not to.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks LH... You beat me to it.

Keep swinging at air Liz. LOL
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Hooray for free speech?

http://www.canada.com/Coulter+event+...231/story.html

I am not in any way a fan of Ann Coulter. Her border line satire crosses the line too often. IMO. But this is quite something, no? I thought Canukians were a tolerant people?

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

Perhaps Canadians draw the line at hate mongers -

“I hereby encourage you to educate yourself, if need be, as to what is acceptable in Canada and to do so before your planned visit here,” University of Ottawa academic vice-president François Houle wrote.

“Promoting hatred against any identifiable group would not only be considered inappropriate, but could in fact lead to criminal charges.”

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Maybe you're right.

“an embarrassing day for the University of Ottawa and their student body, who could not debate Ann Coulter . . . who chose to silence her through threats and intimidation, just like their vice-president did.”
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    The first federal "intervention" into health care was in.....1798?
    I guess we have come a long way from going to the barber shop and have a barber sawing people's extremities off?

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Never forget Gretchen... Rights to Free Speech are meant to protect controversial speech.

If you start drawing lines.....

- Homer Simpson

- Sun Tzu - Art of War

I read some of that story, and still did not understand what the VP's office was so upset about. What group is Ann Coulter supposedly attacking? I admit I know nothing about her.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

The first amendment was directly intended to protect people like Ann Coulter. She makes political statements, frequently controversial political statements. I have an intense dislike for people on either side of the spectrum who push the envelope on free speech, however, they have a right to speak.

Unlike some, if I don't like what someone is saying on the air, I simply change the channel or turn off whatever medium is being used to disperse the speech, or, in the case of the local paper, cancel my subscription.

They have a right to speak.........however it isn't mandatory that anyone listen.

If the students in Canada wanted to protest Ms. Coulter's appearance, they should have just not gone to the speech. Empty rooms don't get much coverage.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Want to see something really telling and frankly disappointing on how much people follow politics and at what level they pay attention to it?

Here are the most popular (as in most viewed) "news" items on CNN's web site:

Biden's f-bomb
    Teen has weight loss surgery
    TARP watchdog slams Obama foreclosure program
    Health reform's legal fight

VP Biden curses, and it's the leading story on CNN by 10 to 1, looking at their chart.

The bottom two stories have less than 1/10th of the hits that the fluff piece about VP Biden's verbal slip do.

The most influential piece of legislation in 50 years, and hardly anyone is paying attention.

A huge waste of public money (TARP) slammed by the committee given oversight of the program, and hardly anyone is paying attention.

I betcha people could give me the complete description of Jesse James' girl toy, though.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    I betcha people could give me the complete description of Jesse James' girl toy, though.

The girl with the swastika on her belly? The Illustrated Woman?

---------

The two things that should have been addressed RIGHT OFF THE TOP is tort reform and a price freeze on meds and implants/supplies.

No one seems to remember the 10 dollar aspirin?

--------

someone made a comment about a fricking nicotine junkie trying to shove a health care plan down our craws.

It's like Jesse James or Tiger doing a Learning Annex class on marriage.

Looks good on paper!

---------

bBiden's f-bomb.

Some cutesy email/blogger/db came out and said that JBs use of the word was far better than GWB's faux pas....

moron.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post
    Never forget Gretchen... Rights to Free Speech are meant to protect controversial speech.

If you start drawing lines.....
    I'm not drawing lines, Canada is. Apparently their provincial and Federal laws pertaining to free speech are different than ours.

Interesting article I read today. Seems that there is a name for the
    crazy reaction to Obama's efforts to fulfill his campaign promise to America.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-a...p:mostpopular1
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I do want to know about the sudden shift in the idea that the government should stay out of our lives.

People were a fracking paranoid about BIG government, yet they invite them into the HC arena and that will give them even more access to our medical records?

That makes me laugh, so why not just merge the Patriot act with health care reform? Or, did we forget about the intrusion just for the sake of the current regime?

---------------

I am starting to think that BO is being punked my the white people that are supposedly there to advise him?

Rahm Emanuel is a punk and a bully.

I can hardly wait until he tosses out a wet one.

So.....

Bush derangement syndrome is a crock, But the first mentions of the same thing associated with the new Pres. is reality?

No link to the poll mentioned, and all in all reads like a sales pitch for the authors new book.....which is mentioned in the beginning of the article rather prominently.

It's pure drivel.

By the way, before you say I'm just panning it because it is pretty much an anti-conservative hit piece (which it is), I enjoy well written political commentary from either side.

This ain't it.