Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Mlb 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    And the WS is the Red Sox vs. the Cards.

I'm actually glad the Dodgers didn't make it, I tired of hearing the anointment of Puig as the greatest player on the diamond. Is he good? No question, but it was a touch over the top for the baseball writers to push for him to be in the All Star game when he had been in the majors for all of 1 1/2 months.
    Puig and Gonzalez were ridiculous showboaters. I mean... great, you got a double, high-five the coach and then focus back on the game... don't stand there chest thumping and fist pumping over a double... for crying out loud.

And dear Puig, if the ump calls you out, just go back to the bullpen like everyone else who gets called out, don't stand there and stare them down or hit the ground with your bat.

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    And the WS is the Red Sox vs. the Cards.

I'm actually glad the Dodgers didn't make it, I tired of hearing the anointment of Puig as the greatest player on the diamond. Is he good? No question, but it was a touch over the top for the baseball writers to push for him to be in the All Star game when he had been in the majors for all of 1 1/2 months.
    You have to look at the what he did for the dodgers franchise.

They weren't anywhere near finishing at the top of the division. The team was a 'fashion statement' for McCourt and his wife. They redid the stadium and raised the ticket prices to astronomical levels. He also made his wife the VP or somesuch position within the organization. When the divorce started, the team became the centerpiece for the proceedings and they were going to tear it down, had not MLB stepped in.

MLB took control and sold the team to Johnson and his group in the offseason and they weren't picked to finish anywhere near the top.

------------

They really sucked at the beginning of the season when Puig showed up and he was able to inject 'baseball' back into a franchise that really had no business being good.

All the hoopla about him being an All Star was purely hype and BS, but the facts are that this kid can play.

I was waiting for Puig to make the catch that sent then to the World Series, then limp thru an open door in the outfield fence, never to bee seen again.

He's show up at his house, hug his wife and Mr Applegate would have to give him soul back?

-----------------

You will feel better when the Sox win and you don't have to hear the name Yasiel Puig for 6 months.....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

"They're just having fun, I would hate to see a game where there wasn't any emotion, I think the fans enjoy it, I would love to see more."
    -Broadcaster Vin Scully, defending the Dodger's showboating style that irritated the Cardinals during the NLCS.

I know I have had problems with wood products and splinters in my lower colon at times, but I learned to deal with it?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/louis...632-slideshow/

Now, we just have to find out how to make 'baseball mud'.....

Well that's a shame:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2013...leyland-return

No more Jim Leyland?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Well, maybe he will take a different position somewhere, he just said he felt like it was time to stop managing. I doubt he's done with baseball entirely!
    I've Been Frosted

Last night's game had me a bit worried - did the Cardinals just forget how to play baseball suddenly? I'm not complaining - we got the win, but letting a simple pop fly drop between pitcher and catcher seems more like a Little League maneuver!
    I've Been Frosted

That was an odd play, but it was an odd game defensively for them across the board.

(At least I got to watch the whole game.......) Small consolation.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Last night's game had me a bit worried - did the Cardinals just forget how to play baseball suddenly? I'm not complaining - we got the win, but letting a simple pop fly drop between pitcher and catcher seems more like a Little League maneuver!
    Yep, we looked like a bunch of clowns out there last night. Kozma is a really bad player, hopefully he gets sent back to the minors, he is not good enough for major league baseball at all. Of course Waino wasn't very good last night either and our players weren't hitting also so of course we lost the game.

Hopefully with Wacha pitching tonight it will keep the Sox at bay, we need a win tonight...Go Cards!!!

Hope Beltran comes back soon, we really need his bat.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

Sox kick @$$!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

They didn't kick anything last night, they couldn't cope with our young and fresh pitchers. We did the butt kicking last night, woo hoo and now on to St. Louis where there will be no DH.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

It was a good game until Breslow came on and gave the game away … Still, even though we lost, I enjoy good baseball. We'll see what happens next!
    I've Been Frosted

I lost the signal on my commute right after Ortiz hit the homer.

I love listening to baseball on AM radio. Depending on the night, I either pick up a skip from WEEI in Boston directly, or from their affiliate in Hartford, or ESPN radio in Maryland, Cleveland, Chicago, or NYC, as the skips are stronger than the local radio stations.

The only thing missing is someone to play cribbage with while listening, but I think the boys in the blue and gold cars would object to adding that into the mix.

I am not the only one who likes listening in the car? Gotta stem from our childhood, with the games on the kitchen radio …

For confused folks, the station that carried the baseball games when we were growing up, before cable came to the hills of our small town, was only clear enough to watch when the leaves were off the trees, so most of baseball was radio only!
    I've Been Frosted

I love listening to baseball on AM radio. Falls in the same category mentally as fried chicken and mac and cheese.

Frankly, I prefer it to watching on TV most of the time, especially if it's a national broadcast team. I was actually considering getting a satellite radio system for the house for next season as WEEI's skip doesn't come in at the house, so I think I can get the NESN radio broadcast that way without dealing with the MLB blackout rules.