View Poll Results: Petco or Petsmart?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Petco

6 17.65%
  • Petsmart

22 64.71%
  • Other (Local store, other pet store) Please explain.

12 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Petco or Petsmart?

Petco or Petsmart?

What's your pet store of choice?

I just discovered that we have a Petco (though it's on the other side of town so I haven't been yet, nor have I ever been to one!). Plus we have Petsmart, Pet Supplies Plus, and Natural Pet Supply store.

Petsmart was always my favorite, but now I'm kind of favoring Pet Supplies Plus because it's really close to our house.

Just wondering what everyone else's first choice was!
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Lily [POMERANIAN], Brennan [APBT], Bailey [APBT/HOUND MIX]♥
    ♥Tallulah[CALICO], Domino [TUXIE]♥
    ♥Peach [RAT], Pepper [RAT], Phoebe [RAT], and PipSqueak [RAT]
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

“Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be,
    because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan
    Facebook TigerLily Photography

Since the horrible Petco incident in Binghamton, NY earlier this year, I'd rather shop at PetSmart or a local store.
    I've Been Frosted

Yes I am for sure a Petsmart or Local Store person too..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Since the horrible Petco incident in Binghamton, NY earlier this year, I'd rather shop at PetSmart or a local store.
    Totally did not know about that till I just googled it . Maybe I won't be shopping at Petco after all, which kind of sucks because they have some of the stuff I need cheaper.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.”

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan

I have always preferred PetsMart. When I've asked questions, the folks there are knowledgable. The people in PetCo, it's just a job, they haven't a clue!

Mind you, PetCo is less than 1/2 mile from my home, nearest PetsMart is 18 miles and in the midst of a shopping crunch - wall to wall malls - so I have to really plan my trips up there.

I've worked for Petco for over 9 years. I go to Petsmart on rare occassions but it's much easier to buy stuff where I work and I get an employee discount...so that's pretty much the only pet place I shop.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    I've worked for Petco for over 9 years. I go to Petsmart on rare occassions but it's much easier to buy stuff where I work and I get an employee discount...so that's pretty much the only pet place I shop.
    Amy, did your Petco or Petco Corporate discuss or send any memos out about the Binghamton incident? Just curious ... as I hadn't heard any follow-up after the immediate reaction ...
    I've Been Frosted

PetsMart and a local store (part of a chain) Animal Supply House. I get Eagle Holistic locally, which I cannot get at PetsMart.

Petco prices are usually 20% higher than PetsMart in our area.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

There is no Petco close to me. I shop at Petsmart and Pet Supplies Plus. They're not far from each other but are a 30 mile round trip for me.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Just came from PetSmart, stocked up on Blue Wilderness, Pinot is happy.
    http://bestsmileys.com/cats1/4.gif

​GO RAVENS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Amy, did your Petco or Petco Corporate discuss or send any memos out about the Binghamton incident? Just curious ... as I hadn't heard any follow-up after the immediate reaction ...
    I'm not sure...if it doesn't have to do with grooming, I don't hear about it. I did read a memo about how to evacuate animals though if that's the incident you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_Q View Post
    I'm not sure...if it doesn't have to do with grooming, I don't hear about it. I did read a memo about how to evacuate animals though if that's the incident you're talking about.
    Does that man they've changed their policy to allow folks to evacuate animals and take them to their own homes out of the danger zone?
    I've Been Frosted

Pet Club is my first choice. Their prices are great. It's like a Costco/Sam's Club for pets but without a membership fee. I've always preferred Petsmart to Petco and I have both close to me. I also sometimes shop at An -Jan Feed & Supply Store too.

Because I have 8 cats, I try to find the best deals on canned food, litter and dry food. PetSmart has a great deal on Friskies canned food. $.40/can!! I can get a case for $9.90, and Wilderness Blue for $31.00 for a large bag, regularly $34.00. Also, they have a huge bucket of Tidy Cat (38 lbs for $11.45). I'll use PetSmart for all those deals till the sale is over. Then I go back to Pet Supplies Plus. Out of the three, PSP is the one with the cheaper, everyday prices.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I have to agree Pet Supplies Plus tends to be cheaper. I'm glad I moved somewhere that has two since I'd never heard of them before I moved here, haha.

Seems everyone likes Petsmart better too. Both are on the west side of town for me, so unless I'm at school, not convenient to go to Petsmart or Petco.
    ♥Bri [HUMAN]♥
    ♥Salvatore [BETTA]♥

In Loving Memory <3
    Roxy Lily Brennan