Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrible experience......

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    She definitely sounds like she has rescue burnout. I'm with the others, send an e-mail or snail mail and let them know your experience. She needs a timeout or a break because she is definitely not a good advocate for their rescue.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Thanks for the support everyone. Since then we've had other issues we've been dealing with, like a geeky air conditioner in 100 degree heat, so I've kind of forgotten about the whole thing.......and I'm starting to think its just not meant to be right now. About a week ago I sent inquiries on 2 kitties through petfinder.com and I haven't heard a word back from either one. Two different kitties, two different rescue groups, no response.....geeky air conditioner that turns out we need a new one, need new tires on the jeep that we're getting tomorrow, first day of work back at The Living Desert on Saturday........I'm getting the feeling it's time to just hold my horses and wait a bit.....and let things happen naturally rather than try and force the situation.

Jackie relaxing on my lap right now after a day stuck in the bathroom while the air conditioner was replaced.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

3. That's a good idea! Who knows...maybe a kitty will come to spend the weekend someday...and just never leave!

I bet that Robin's succession plan isn't complete yet.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am so sorry for the kitty who did not get the chance to become a Pet Talk kitty. I hope she finds a good spot nevertheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    That's a good idea! Who knows...maybe a kitty will come to spend the weekend someday...and just never leave!
    Heehee.....Eddie and his extended stay have definitely come to mind.

Saw a stray this morning while we were walking.......
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post
    That's a good idea! Who knows...maybe a kitty will come to spend the weekend someday...and just never leave!
    I'm not sure I've ever read how you came to share living space with Eddie and Edwina. The cat that never left is how I acquired Jane and Calla Lily. I thought you picked Eddie to match Edwina.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom View Post
    Heehee.....Eddie and his extended stay have definitely come to mind.

Saw a stray this morning while we were walking.......
    Do keep us posted. Jane and Calla Lily were strays.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Sometimes the best gifts are unexpected ... just ask Eve.

Hugs to CJ - poor fella must be wondering what on earth is going on!!
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I'm sure that when the time is right, a new cat will enter your life. Good luck.

BAAAAAD idea!

Terry stayed home this afternoon (dealing with the geeky a/c which we thought we got fixed but is in fact not fixed -bleh!) so I took the opportunity to head to the Indio Animal Control facility. This is about as bare bones a facility as it gets, old, smelly, cages with tiny litter boxes.....not pleasant at all.....and all the ADORABLE kitties!!! Most of them were very young - 1 year or less - and they were all SO starved for attention! The second we walked in they were all clamoring for attention, meowing, grabbing at us the through the bars, climbing on the bars, etc. it was heart breaking and I wanted to bring them ALL home with me. :-(. There is NO way I can bring Terry to this place - he's such a softy he'd start crying right there!

There was one little girl in cage 300. They estimated her to be about 1 year old and she was much calmer than all the rest. She looked older than most of them but she still looked young......but they have no history on her, whether she's good with other cats, whether she uses he litter box consistently....nothing.

How do I take the chance - especially since we're still dealing with the geeky a/c and a few other thing.....but how do I walk away?

Whose idea was it to go there in the first place - drat!
    Tubby
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012

Would they allow you to adopt her on a trial basis so if things didn't work out then you would be able to return her? The shelter sounds pretty bad so you'd probably not want to return her back to it even if things didn't work out. Adopting a younger cat might even be a bit better because younger animals seem to to be able to adapt better to new homes and situations like even being able to ride comfortably in a motorhome.

There are just so many animals in need of homes these days. It's such a sad situation. This is one reason why I expanded my cat family by 5 this year. I adopted 4 of them from the same rescue group through the same foster mom. Reece's brother still hasn't been adopted yet. Colby was the last of his litter to be adopted and he was almost 10 months old when I adopted him. I know we can't save them all but it makes me feel good that I can at least provide a good loving forever home to 5 more cats/kittens in need. I hope that you'll be able to find a cat that will be a good fit to your household. Good luck.

I would talk to the manager asap. That is not a way to run a business and the lady needs to get her act together or get fired.
    In loving memory of Tigger 2003-2009. In loving memory of Ashes 2001-2013.