Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Need PT Help - Emma & Annie need GOOD homes. (Can we help Gini?)

Update:

My Mom has agreed to ride along w me and the girls whenever we start the transport...anywhere in CA, to whatever border we head to. That's so nice, thank you, Mom! 

Mike is going to send me updated pics and lots of info as to the disposition of the girls. With school at finals time, I'm studying like crazy, so I won't be able to go back to LA until after the 18th. He has asked for links here and anywhere else we are posting to find homes for the girls. He too will be searching on his end for homes for the girls. That's very nice and I know Gini is smiling at and grateful for his help. I know I am.

As soon as I get the updated info, I'll post it here and on FB.

REMEMBER, THEY DONT HAVE TO STAY IN CA, WE CAN FIGURE OUT TRANSPORT TO WHEREEVER THEY NEED TO BE.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Thanks for helping to organized this, Kelly. I hope they can find a good home together!

bump
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Thank you for bumping this up. We are getting pressure from the brothers and I'm scared for the kitties.

I'm not asking that anyone take them in, I'm asking now for names and phone numbers of any no-kill shelters that you know of in the LA area. I'm willing to put in some money for transport if necessary. I will make all the long distance calls and do all the legwork. I'm just sceptical because google searches for shelters in this area turn up many and I don't know who is good and who is not. So I'm seeking some assistance.

Thanks.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Slick, I thought of someone in California I can call, just in case, I will try tomorrow, and let you know if she has any ideas.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks Karen. I've also sent a message to Jackson Galaxy.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Just where in the L.A. area are the kitties? I have a friend here who grew up in the area and still has friends there. She will get in touch with them, but she says it will help if she knows just where, even the general vicinity.

I told her transport can be arranged no matter where, but it will still be helpful for her and her contacts to know.

Thanks,
    Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Another question:

I also e-mailed Debbie Martin, my L.A. disabled-cat-rescuing friend, about the kitties. She replied this morning:

"What is the email contact or phone number contact? Ill generate an email plea and put on Facebook"

Can someone please give me an e-mail and/or phone number contact? Send me a PM if you don't want it out in the general public.

Thank you!

Pat, again (and cats)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I feel so bad for The kitties. They must be so confused & afraid. They could stay with me if they could stand living with my dogs
    and hellraiser Joey (cat). I wonder if Gini ever expressed a preference for where they should go if she couldn't care for them?
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I can't offer these babies a home. But, I will donate towards transportation costs and/or donate to the rescue who take them in. I'm praying that they can find a home together. Imagine losing Gini and then losing each other.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I agree with Kuhio.... "Imagine losing Gini and then losing each other." I will donate, too.

Have shared with the people I know in CA. If I was closer, I would take them.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Another question:

I also e-mailed Debbie Martin, my L.A. disabled-cat-rescuing friend, about the kitties. She replied this morning:

"What is the email contact or phone number contact? Ill generate an email plea and put on Facebook"

Can someone please give me an e-mail and/or phone number contact? Send me a PM if you don't want it out in the general public.

Thank you!

Pat, again (and cats)
    Pat, let me get in touch with Kelly because 1) I don't have Bill's contact info (that's the brother staying in the house) and 2) not sure if this person should have Kelly's email or Bill's. Let's see what Kelly thinks, although Kelly is plagued with school work and exams these days.

Thanks again for everything and I just know that Gini is helping along the way. I also posted on The Cat Site and have received some replied. The more this is shared, the best chance we have of finding them a home together.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Just where in the L.A. area are the kitties? I have a friend here who grew up in the area and still has friends there. She will get in touch with them, but she says it will help if she knows just where, even the general vicinity.

I told her transport can be arranged no matter where, but it will still be helpful for her and her contacts to know.

Thanks,
    Pat
    Gini lives in Central LA - close to Wilshire Blvd and minutes from Santa Monica Blvd. I'll PM you her exact address.
    --unknown

--Polar Express

Thanks, Vicki. I just sent the general information on to my friend. I'll let you know what happens.

We WILL get the most wonderful new home for these two dear kitties!

Death thought about it.

I contacted two musician friends who live in LA. I asked them to put the word out!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda