View Poll Results: Pet Talk Calendar: Yes or No & Format

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pet Talk Pets (all pets: cats, dogs, other pets all in one)

0 0%
  • Pet Talk Pets (all together only individual if enough interest)

7 43.75%
  • Pet Talk Cats, Pet Talk Dogs (pet talk pets if enough interest) like every other year

9 56.25%
  • Other: post your suggestion

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pet Talk Calendars: Should we do them again?

Pet Talk Calendars: Should we do them again?

Hey guys, time is getting around again to do the PT calendars. Interest has been dropping off in recent years especially for the Dog Calendars. Basically I was wondering if we should do them again this year. Maybe we can do it a little different and have a combined calendar of all kinds of pets and only if we get enough interest in a specific 'category' we will do them separately...what do you all think?

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

I guess what they say is true..........great minds think alike!
    I was JUST thinking about the calendars yesterday. And if I were talented enough (and had the computer to do it) I would have volunteered to take it on.
    I do appreciate you offering to do them! You always do such a great job!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

How does calendar work?

Are pics taken from previously submitted POTD etc. or can we submit new pics. Pet bios also? Ultimately how much do calendars cost and can they be bought online/sent outside US? As is obvious I am new to this terrific idea. Perhaps others are also new so this info will help.

tks

I would love to participate, but the cost of the calendar is too much for me being overseas, but i still would love to share pics of my two rascals for others to see.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Litterati View Post
    Are pics taken from previously submitted POTD etc. or can we submit new pics. Pet bios also? Ultimately how much do calendars cost and can they be bought online/sent outside US? As is obvious I am new to this terrific idea. Perhaps others are also new so this info will help.

tks

The first post in THIS thread explains everything. It is the link for the Cat Calendar from this past year. You can get a look at the calendar HERE. Let me know if this does not explain what you needed/wanted to know.

I'd like to see them all separate, if possible. Maybe we can get a few more Pet Talkers to submit pics!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Thanks, Michelle

Last year's calendar is awesome, so I'd be up for sending in a photo of Dorian Gray (if he's willing and "ready for his closeup" ) One thing that I did not seem to find. Is VISA pay't OK? And what would be the shipping charges to Canada? I am assuming that the calendar would go via regular post, as opposed to something like UPS, FedEx, where one has to be home for delivery.

tks again!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I think any way to do it would be acceptable. I might send in a photo of my 2 RB Fuzzbuttz for one last chance for a place in the PT spotlight!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Litterati View Post
    Last year's calendar is awesome, so I'd be up for sending in a photo of Dorian Gray (if he's willing and "ready for his closeup" ) One thing that I did not seem to find. Is VISA pay't OK? And what would be the shipping charges to Canada? I am assuming that the calendar would go via regular post, as opposed to something like UPS, FedEx, where one has to be home for delivery.

tks again!
    Through CafePress (the site used for printing and shipping the calendars) Visa is available as an options. I know that shipping to Europe is 7,50, not sure about Canada. I will look into that. You can choose your option as well with how it is shipped. I received mine (in Italy) via UPS once and FedEx another time but I believe their is priority shipping and regular shipping. The cost for shipping priority is quite a bit more than regular. I will sign into CafePress and see what I can find out about the shipping costs to Canada for you.

Here is the LINK to the payment info on CafePress. It doesn't give prices but tells how they do things.
    Last edited by kittycats_delight; 09-06-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I think any way to do it would be acceptable. I might send in a photo of my 2 RB Fuzzbuttz for one last chance for a place in the PT spotlight!
    RB pets are always welcome!!! The cat calendar last year had a few of them as it did in previous years as well. Your fuzzbuttz are always welcome!!!

Thanks so much for volunteering again. You do great work. I don't think that there will be a problem with cat pictures because I now have 13 cats so that in itself could make a calendar. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by krazyaboutkatz View Post
    Thanks so much for volunteering again. You do great work. I don't think that there will be a problem with cat pictures because I now have 13 cats so that in itself could make a calendar. LOL
    I never really thought we would have issues with getting cats but it has been difficult to get enough for a dog calendar these last 2 years especially and hardly any for the pet calendar. I thought this way we could atleast put one together so that everyone who would like their pet in the calendar gets the opportunity. If there isn't enough then maybe a mix of all pets and a cat one as there will no doubt be enough kitties.

Oops, I voted wrong. I read it backwards.
    I'd rather have the individual calendars, but would settle for a combined one if there isn't enough participation for individual.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I would love a new calendar so I can submit the New Found Hotel Cats and my Little Momma and Baby.
    That would be cool. I have them since 2006.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thanks again Michelle!

Checked out Café Press and this all seems doable. Might even consider sending in pic of my RB Nicky, 'tho my kitty Dorry might get jealous Do I anthropomorphize a bit? No, not me, well maybe sometimes.