Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your dog afraid of?

What's your dog afraid of?

Earlier today I started a thread in Cat General about what cats are afraid of. A lot of cats are afraid of vacuums and strangers. I'm just wondering if dogs have the same fears too or different ones. So please tell me, what are your dogs afraid of?

My alpha dog, Eli, is afraid of baths, and water in general. He does not like being near while his water bowl is being filled. He is half collie/half lab so he should like water, or so I have been told.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

Just HOW DO YOU solve a problem like Maria?
    Winter is afraid of loud noises, which I guess is a common thing in border collies but if she hears a noise that freaks her out she hides which will make starting flyball with her very very interesting.

While Smudgers isn't really afriad of much actually he just gets a little nervous around large groups or strange people but no out right freak outs like his sister.
    Goonies never say die!

Thanks Amy for the great sig!

Sox: Bathes
    Tigger: lawnmowers
    Jazzy: nothing
    Shawna: thunderstorms
    George: nothing
    Serenity: nothing
    Billy: thunderstorms
    DeeDee: men
    Vonney: nothing...he's fearless! lol
    Dudley: a little nervous during storms
    Sophie: men, sometimes, being yelled at by anyone
    Daisy: nothing...she's so fearless, she eats leashes! lol
    Jessie: nothing...she's the small but mighty one!
    Max: nothing
    Sammy: nothing...he's another fearless one.

None of them like the vaccuum. Tigger tries to eat it.

Don't buy while shelter dogs die!!

Teddy- Aticks, windows, windo airconditonars, the computer, thinderstoamrs, anythign above his head
    Chewy- my god is that little pup not afried of anythind!
    Sadie- Basement, feet, hands, clapping, dogs
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Anna & Rosie are both afraid of water and vaccums.. oh, and also, being yelled at. - Rachel
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I'm surprised some dogs are afraid of water, I thought that might be a cat thing. My cat is also afraid of thunderstorms, aren't a lot of dogs afraid of fireworks too? It's interesting to see that some dogs are fearless.

Eli... Bath?

Fuzzy,

What about Ginger? She's afraid someone will get something or somewhere before her. (Yea, gal's got some dominance issues; we're working on them.)

What about Sassee? She's afraid of not being able to find a quiet corner to hide in (as a 45-50 lb Beagle barrel, ain't too likely).

Killian -fearless

Shiloh -vacuum cleaner (she's getting better now) and a raised hand (don't know what her life was like before we rescued her, but she sure is terrified if you raise your hand)
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Smokey: doesn't care
    Reggie: EVERYTHING. fireworks, thunder, balloons, clapping, vacuum cleaner, farts (lol..especially his own), and anything that looks/sounds strange. He did try to attack my mom's new steam cleaner earlier. Both Smokey and Reggie try to kill the paper shredder too.
    Nebo: NOTHING. Loves water, attacks everything...really loud noises can possible startle him, but that's about it. He was attacking a water bottle earlier---scared the crap out of Reggie, but it didn't bother him at all!

Netherlands (where I'm from) & Germany (where I live)
    Cookie is most afraid of thunderstorms, and we've got many of them. She shakes, her heart beats very fast, her teeth chatter, she smells badly. And she wants to sit on my lap and breath into my face. If I walk around during that time, she'll get very nervous and tries to get me on the sofa with her.

Draker is a fearless puppster He doesn't like the vacuum cleaner, but I am certain he isn't afraid of it. He's ok with it if I cam cleaning my car outside, but doesn't like it in the house. LOL

What Odie ISN'T afraid of would be a shorter list. He's terrified of fireworks, thunderstorms, loud noises, and intruders. (If you come in the back yard when he thinks you aren't home, he runs yelping and hides -- some guard dog.) He's also scared of vacuums, raised hands (he was a rescue), other dogs (even tiny dogs if they bark at him), cats, strangers/children, and just about everything else that is loud, surprises hiim, confuses him, or isn't part of his daily routine. Can openers, chewey toys, and pillows are on his "safe list", but that is about it.

Scout is fearless. That pup will buck up to a giant Rottie or pit bull like its nothing. Being deaf, no amount of thunder or booming fireworks or vacuuming phases him -- lol. The only thing that bothers him is when you he's laying in the bedroom at night and someone walks in. He can see/sense that someone is there, but can't always tell who it is and sometimes that freaks him out. But he doesn't cower or hide, he goes into attack mode.

Patience, my GSD rescue - loud noises, thunderstorms, popping balloons, clapping, yelling, fireworks, people, 4-wheelers, loud vehicles, any motor vehicle that moves, strangers. I know there's some that I have missed. Pretty much like Odie, anything out of the ordinary is scary.

Dakota, my Husky, doesn't know what being afraid is. Nothing bothers him.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

Cody's afraid to go to the vet (nail cut). He gets startled by motorcycles or if someone walks by and he's busy sniffing with his nose to the ground engrossed in the smells of nature Imagine a 100 lb dog jumping 10 feet in the air!! It's embarassingly funny! He's used to all appliance sounds.OOO he IS scared of Denver the Pug from next door ever since as a puppy, he nipped Cody's heels!!!!! Now THAT'S a sight to see!! It's humiliating. My wimp.