Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Northern California Cat Shows In 2008! Anyone Interested In Attending?

Upcoming Northern California Cat Shows In 2008! Anyone Interested In Attending?

Hi,
    I haven't been to a cat show since Jan.2007 so I really need another cat show experience very soon. I went through the Cat Fanciers Association website for 2008 and this is what I came up with.

Jan.2008:
    05-06(L). CA, SAN MATEO: San Mateo Expo Center - Cypress Hall, 2495 South Delaware Street. Tails and No Tales Cat Club. 6AB, 2Spec. Judges: White(AB), Trevathan(AB), Wilford(AB), Osier(AB), Newkirk(AB), TBA(AB), Webster(LH/SH), Lyons(LH/SH). Entry limit 225. Info: Ken Brown, 16355 San Ramon Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037. 408-779-0092. Fax 408-779-5192. Email [email protected].

March 2008:
    08-09(L). CA, HAYWARD: Centennial Hall, 22292 Foothill Boulevard. Franciscan Silver & Golden Fanciers. 6AB, 2Spec. Judges: Ayers(AB), Miller(AB), Auth(AB), Harding(AB), Nye(AB), Yurchick(AB), Jaeger(LH/SH), Webster(LH/SH). Entry limit 225. Info: Neta Cox, 3226 Filbert Avenue, Clovis, CA 93611. Phone/Fax 559-322-5278. Email [email protected].

For You AmberLee:
    29(L). CA, STOCKTON: San Joaquin Fairgrounds 1658 South Airport Way Building 2. High Sierra Cat Club. 6AB. Judges: Gradowski(AB), Dodds(AB), Lyons(AB), Ayers(AB), Rogers(AB), TBA Baugh(AB). EF $49 1st & 2nd, $36 3rd+, CD March 23; entry limit 225. Info: Nancey Abbott, 10571 Foothill Boulevard, Cupertino, CA 95014. 408-564-5442. Fax 408-564-5832. Email: [email protected].

April 2008:
    05-06(P). CA, PLEASANTON: Crow Canyon Cat Club. Judges: Newkirk, K. Lawrence, Rothermel.

Nov. 2008:
    01-02(P). CA, SAN JOSE: Santa Clara Valley CF. Judges: Colilla, Honey, Webster, Newkirk, Nye, Orlando, Everett-Hirsch. This may be the one that's held at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds.

Of course these are all subject to change. Right now I'm hoping to be able to go the San Mateo cat show which is on Jan. 5th and 6th. Does any one else want to go?
    Last edited by krazyaboutkatz; 12-11-2007 at 01:24 AM.

Whooohooo. These look terrific. I'm trying to see if I can clear my schedule for several of these, especially the one in early January.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I'd love to go to the San Mateo one, however I'm having oral surgery on 1/4 and don't know if I'll be feeling up to it.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Thumbs up

I think we've been to Tails and No Tails before. I'll be starting rehearsals for my third "Candide", but if I can fit in a visit, I'll be glad to join you.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Hi!

Ohh!! That sounds like fun! I'd love to go..but I don't have a cat, do you need to have a cat to attend? :-p

-Ali

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemypup
    Hi!

Ohh!! That sounds like fun! I'd love to go..but I don't have a cat, do you need to have a cat to attend? :-p

-Ali
    Hi Ali. No of you don't need to have a cat to attend. I'm sure that there are a lot of people that go to cat shows that don't own a cat. Some go to see the different kinds of breeds and learn more about them. Sometimes this will help them decide what kind of a cat to get in the future. It's a lot of fun and I'm sure that you'd enjoy it.

I plan on going to the San Mateo Cat Show on Sat. Jan.5th unless the weather is very bad or I'm sick. I have a sore throat today and it started late yesterday so I'm probably coming down with a cold. If it's mild enough I'll still go. I'm not sure if I'll bring my camera with me or not. I'm sure I'll fun. I always do.

Have a WONDERFUL time. I think cat shows are a blast.

I can't attend this first one, after all, but look forward to attending others later in the year.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Hi!

Cool! Your right..i'd love to attend! But I can't...very busy this time of year, trying to get back into the groove of things at school and stuff .

Have a blast!!!

-Ali

Smile

I got a little red postcard coupon from Tails and No Tales! I'd want to go on Saturday, too. (Sunday I have my church job and a rehearsal for "Candide.")

Hope you're feeling better, KAK. The two girls I work with are BOTH sick, and I'm praying to every deity I can think of that my flu shot is protecting me.

Liz
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

Quote Originally Posted by Don Juan's mom
    I got a little red postcard coupon from Tails and No Tales! I'd want to go on Saturday, too. (Sunday I have my church job and a rehearsal for "Candide.")

Hope you're feeling better, KAK. The two girls I work with are BOTH sick, and I'm praying to every deity I can think of that my flu shot is protecting me.

Liz
    Great!!! I'm feeling much better now. I'm still a bit stuffy at times but that's about it. I just need to be sure to carry plenty of kleenex and also some cough drops with me.

Would you like to carpool? I also received an e-mail reminder that will save me $2 off of the admission price. If we carpool then we can also save on parking. On Sat. it opens at 10am and is open until 5pm. If I drive I'd want to leave by 4pm so we could get home before it gets too dark. I sure hope that the weather will be much better tomorrow. I know it's still supposed to rain but hopefully the winds will have died down and the rain won't be as heavy.

I'm home all day today so I'll pm you with my phone number so you can call me and we can talk about it.

San Mateo Cat Show Update!!!

Hi, Don Juan's Mom and I went to the San Mateo cat Show today. She drove which was just as well because I'm still not too familiar with the area and it started raining again and was a bit windy. We got there at around 10:30am or so and had to walk around to find the hall where it was located.

There were very few people there at first which I thought was great so we could easily walk around and look at all of the gorgeous cats. Now I wish that I had brought my camera with me. I saw a new breed of cat that wasn't supposed to happen. It was an Abbysinian kitten with flat ears like a Scottish Fold. Yes, it was a mix of the two purebred cats and there were 2 kittens that looked like this in the litter. They were the one of the cutest kittens that I've ever seen.

The other 3 or 4 other kittens had normal ears and had more white on them and more tabby markings than the other 2. They were all up for adoption and the cost was only $200. They've already been spayed and neutered and they would also come with a health guarantee. That's not bad considering that our local Humane Society has increased it's adoption fees to at least $150 per cat. They may even be more by now. I paid $125 for Sky from them and this was about 4 1/2 years ago.

The lady said that her daughter was watching her cats for her and her male Scottish Fold got loose and must have gotten together with her female Abbysinian. She said that these kittens act more like Abys than Scottish Folds and that her other Abys keep her Scottish Folds more active than they would normally be. I sure wish that I had room for another kitty because I would have adopted the reddish looking Aby/Scottish Fold Mix with the flattened ears in a heart beat.

I ended up buying some Laurel Burch items. I bought a cloth handbag which the lady told me would be the last of it's kind in this style. It's from the Sun'N'Sand collection. I also bought a new larger wallet in black with the colorful cat faces on it. I also bought a leather cat key chain. I'll use my old one as just a coin purse because it was a key chain/coin purse combo. I also bought a sweatshirt that has pawprints on the front of it and it says "My Cat Walks All Over Me". It should say "My Cats Walk All Over Me".

Don Juan's Mom also bought a Laurel Burch cloth handbag which is very nice and quite a bit larger than the one that I bought. She also bought a mouse pad that has a cute little kitten sitting in a cat dish and it says "Killer Cat". She also bought 3 peacock feathers for her cat Don Juan. I think that's about it.

We had to leave by 2pm because Don Juan's Mom had an audition to get to. I hope that she did well. I also forgot to mention that the power went out 2 times while we were there and it was thundering outside. Luckily they were able to restore the power fairly quickly. One lady said that she heard that it had been hailing. When we left, part of the parking lot had become flooded. Unfortunately it was in the area where we had parked. Don Juan's Mom had to wade through the water to her car while I waited in another much drier area of the parking lot. Now we know not to park in this area during a rainy season. All in all I had a great time and I look forward to getting together with other PT'ers at more cat shows in the future.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Aw KAK! I thought of you yesterday when it was storming so bad. I was very glad I hadn't gone driving in that weather although that Scottish fold-Abby mix sounds darling! Too bad you didn't even get a cell phone pic - oh well. Perhaps next time?

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Quote Originally Posted by RedHedd
    Aw KAK! I thought of you yesterday when it was storming so bad. I was very glad I hadn't gone driving in that weather although that Scottish fold-Abby mix sounds darling! Too bad you didn't even get a cell phone pic - oh well. Perhaps next time?
    Well I'm one of the few remaining people that still don't have a cell phone yet. Don Juan's Mom has one but I don't know if it takes pictures or not. Some day I'll end up buying one but until then I'll just continue to use my landline.

Updated Cat Show!!!

Hi, I just found out tonight that there's a local cat show on March 15th and 16th and it's going to be in San Jose at the Santa Clara County Fairgrounds which is off of Tully Road. Here's the info from the website:

15-16(L). CA, SAN JOSE: Santa Clara Fairgrounds, 344 Tully Road. San Francisco Revelers. 8AB. Judges: Fuller(AB), Miller(AB), Zenda(AB), Orlando(AB), Adkison(AB), Sumner(AB), Salisbury(AB), Rogers(AB). EF $55 1st, $45 2nd, $40 3rd+, CD March 9; entry limit 225. Info: Ken Brown/JoAnn Cordes-Brown, 16355 San Ramon Drive, Morgan Hill, CA 95037. Phone/Fax 408-779-5192. Email [email protected] [email protected].

I don't think that I can go on Saturday because they're doing fire alarm testing in two of my buildings and one of them is mine. They start at 9am and go until they're done. I don't know if my building will be the first or the second one tested so Sunday would be a better day for me to go.

My mom cut out the add in the San Jose Mercury News and she said it was in "The Eye". It has a $1 off coupon on it and it says that adults are $8, Seniors are $6, and children under 12 are $4. It's open from 10am-5pm on Saturday and from 9am-5pm on Sunday. I'd like to go fairly early on Sunday. Does anyone else want to go?