Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a silly question

a silly question

Is catnip harmful in any way at all??
    thnx Debi.

Nope. Its not like drugs humans take. It produces a nice little high, and all cats react differently to it. Some get really mellow, some get very wired. Some don't seem affected by it at all.

catnip

thanks for your reply iv bought some but was just checking before i used it..
    thanx again.
    Debi.

I use to think it was like a drug to cats before I learned the differance on PT.After I discovered it wasnt bad for my kitty I went out and bought a huge bag of nip for Felix.Lets just say he never aquired a taste for the stuff and I ended up giving the bag of nip to by brothers cats.Oh well I tried Not all cats go nuts for the stuff,just try your kitty on a small bit first...you will know if the kitty likes it or not almost right away!

Felix's Catster Page- http://www.catster.com/?150963

Felix's Website Page- http://www.felinefelix.piczo.com

Beer's Dogster Page- http://www.dogster.com/?168340

It might help to try different brands, maybe that might work? A co-worker of mine got some catnip spray for Xmas for her cats and they LOVE it, plus no mess.
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I

s silly question

First of all there is no such thing as a silly question; unless it is never asked.. Second Welcome to Pet Talk & enjoy all the talks & pictures..
    Catnip is not harmfull & I have six babies that each act different when around it..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

thanks

Thanks for all your replies, its really put my mind at rest.
    Debi.

It may not be harmful to cats, but my son took a bag of it to school one day during his freshman year, and got suspended from school for three days for having a "marijuana look-alike" in his possession!

(Of course he didn't tell the kids otherwise---thought it was funny that they thought it was marijuana, until somebody reported him for it and he was summmoned to the principal's office! The police confiscated it and did tests on it to make sure it wasn't marijuana!)

Deb
    Rest in Peace, dear Oreo: April 20, 1997-July 18, 2011
    :Rest in Peace, beautiful Sandi: March 18, 1994-January 23, 2010

::
    Rest in Peace, sweet Angel: July 1, 2001-May 14, 2009

Deb

a silly question

Quote Originally Posted by Soapets
    It may not be harmful to cats, but my son took a bag of it to school one day during his freshman year, and got suspended from school for three days for having a "marijuana look-alike" in his possession!

(Of course he didn't tell the kids otherwise---thought it was funny that they thought it was marijuana, until somebody reported him for it and he was summmoned to the principal's office! The police confiscated it and did tests on it to make sure it wasn't marijuana!)

Deb
    Oh Deb this just made my New Years Day.. That is just too funny.. I guess the Cops smell the diff.. I am still laughing..

~~~Thank You Very Much {Kim} kimlovescats for the Grand Siggy~~~

[[ Furr Babies are Like Potato Chips **** No One Can Have Just One ]]
    ****** Kindness, Mercy & Justice to All Living Creatures ******
    {{{{{Everyday is a Gift = That's why it's Called the Present }}}}}
    ((( Each Day With Our Pets is a Surprise Package Waiting to be Opened )))
    <Sunsets are God's Reminder to Us That At The End of the Day We're All In This Together>

My cats just are not very interested in catnip, but if my son goes for workout at the gym and consquently leaves his shirt lying in the bathroom floor, my cats go simply wild, both of them, it is always only his shirts, we figure they love the smell of his sweat and deoderant mixed together, he is a lynx man,(excuse the description) i jokingly tell him you should bottle that stuff as a new brand of catnip, honestly the cats go absolutely bananas,smooching it and rubbing on it, like other cats do with catnip.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole
    My cats just are not very interested in catnip, but if my son goes for workout at the gym and consquently leaves his shirt lying in the bathroom floor, my cats go simply wild, both of them, it is always only his shirts, we figure they love the smell of his sweat and deoderant mixed together, he is a lynx man,(excuse the description) i jokingly tell him you should bottle that stuff as a new brand of catnip, honestly the cats go absolutely bananas,smooching it and rubbing on it, like other cats do with catnip.
    My cats aren't drawn to catnip either, but someone once told me that generally Siamese aren't - can anyone verify/contra this? Anyway my cats do a similar thing, Carole, with my shoes. I have a shoe-rack by the front door and they love to rub the sides of their faces along my shoes, especially when I come home after being away all day. It's as if they can't get enough "Mummy essence" on themselves. Colette even hooks out the orthotics and rolls around on them! (Weird...) BTW my feet aren't unpleasant to be around, if you get my drift, nothing like that...
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

I read somewhere that in our part of the world (Australia/NewZealand) cats are immune to catnip, if I find the article again I'll post it. I know my cat is just not interested at all, he gets his "high" from the other half's smelly clothes too!

Quote Originally Posted by G535
    I read somewhere that in our part of the world (Australia/NewZealand) cats are immune to catnip, if I find the article again I'll post it. I know my cat is just not interested at all, he gets his "high" from the other half's smelly clothes too!
    Now that's really interesting. I would love you to post the article if you find it - or PM me to let me know you have it please. I hadn't heard that.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. (Albert Schweitzer)

http://www.catsplay.com/thedailycat/...ly_catnip.html

That's not the original article I read but all I can find at the moment, I'm almost certain the other article mentioned New Zealand too.

Quote Originally Posted by G535
    http://www.catsplay.com/thedailycat/...ly_catnip.html

That's not the original article I read but all I can find at the moment, I'm almost certain the other article mentioned New Zealand too.
    Thank you so much for that. This looks like a nice website, I'll add it to my favourites. Thanks for introducing me to it.