Thread: Things that go bump in the Thursday #557

Things that go bump in the Thursday #557

Well, time to count down to Halloween and all the good things that go into those treat bags......

One thing that I found at my local Kroger was a bag of Starburst Candy Corn. It's like regular CC, grainy and overly sweet, but fruit flavored!

I think I'll fire up the old teapot and slice up some pumpkin bread........ummmm, got some soft salted butter ready to roll

DONE!

Tea, yes, please! And pumpkin bread would be marvelous!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Tea, yes, please! And pumpkin bread would be marvelous!
    I just had a cup with honey....

Let me toss a slice into the microwave and get it nice and hot...

DONE!

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    Well, time to count down to Halloween and all the good things that go into those treat bags......
    ... not here ... the only thing resembling a treat bag that all those good things go into is my reusable grocery bag The stores have had Halloween candy on the shelves since shortly after school started.

I saw marshmallow Peep ghosts at Ultra Foods yesterday! And I thought of Gini!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Argh!

Something went bump in our kitchen, and raided it!

It snowed last night, and we have an emergency.

We're almost out of cocoa mix (we make our own), and we are, very sadly, fluffless.

Emergency shopping trip!
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

See, I need to make a grocery run - I knew I had a whole box of oatmeal - turns out I had grabbed the "lower sugar" kind (of Maple Brown Sugar, my favorites kind) and hadn't realized they didn't just lower the amount of sugar like I thought, they added sucralose in to compensate. My body objects strongly to artificial sweeteners. Sigh. At least I read the ingredient list before ingesting any … That'll go to the food pantry! But now I want my oatmeal and have none - nearly a crisis!

So bartender - I know this is unusual, but can I have some oatmeal with brown sugar and maple and maybe some raisins and walnuts* thrown in? Pleeease?
    I've Been Frosted

Sadly, oatmeal (not the instant, the rolled oats) and brown sugar are on our shopping list as well. The only thing not on the list is maple syrup, as I lost my supplier this spring (he retired, forcibly, under duress from his wife) and found a new supplier, but went a little overboard on the order.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

LH, it sounded like you were going shopping for a fluff!

Our local Humane Society is 15 years old so today and tomorrow any cat 6 months and older can be adopted for $15!!!

Um....that doesn't include shipping...
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

No, we're not in the market for a fluffbutt, just marshmallow fluff.

The fluffbutt currently in residence is the last feline who will reside with us, unfortunately. The allergy issues are just too much, and Patch was an unintended acquisition. We didn't acquire him, he acquired US.

Besides, there's too much lap competition as it is. Angel is convinced that she's a lapdog, despite the fact that she can cover my lap and chest when she decides to calm down for a minute and pin me down to use as a bed, and Patch and Angel get.....frisky.... when they both decide I need a lap animal.

Let's see, Oatmeal Fluff and Fluff butts, Peeps, snow and hot chocolate..

Done?

----------

I went to the store and bought some stuffed bell peppers for dinner, I asked Doris to pull out the package (frozen) from the freezer and she stated, "We are having meatloaf?"

Meatloaf? No, I bought STUFFED BELLPEPPERS.

The package I pulled out of the had a picture of a bellpepper on it........Nope, it was Meatloaf, with a pic of a bellpepper on it....So, don't feel badly about making a 'wrong' purchase.......it's all a conspiracy.

Done?
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

That's why it pays to read the labels, Richard, not just glance at the pretty pictures!

Been making baked apples, anyone want one? Apples, brown sugar and cinnamon - 1-2 minutes in the microwave and done! And yummy! I say 102 minutes, but that depends of the size and water content of the apples, so vary accordingly!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    That's why it pays to read the labels, Richard, not just glance at the pretty pictures!

Been making baked apples, anyone want one? Apples, brown sugar and cinnamon - 1-2 minutes in the microwave and done! And yummy! I say 102 minutes, but that depends of the size and water content of the apples, so vary accordingly!
    I'll bite!......what kind of apples are they?

-------------------

Yes, I finally figured out what/how I screw up when i grab the wrong box.......If I do not have the item in my hand at the moment I put it into my basket??

What happens is that I see what it is that I want, I stick my hand out to get it off the shelf while I am looking at where to place it in the basket.

I finally figured it out when I started to think about why I was grabbing the same brand, but not the same flavor/food that I wanted......

Mmmm, baked apples! Apples are one of those odd fruits I can eat cooked but not raw.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I'll bite!......what kind of apples are they?
    This batch are Cortlands - nice and big, relatively local ones - it's the season!
    I've Been Frosted