Thread: ozzy...again.

ozzy...again.

hi all.
    we just got back from the vet, who tapped 240cc's of fluid from his lungs.
    the prednisone made him stop coughing- but that was my only indicator that he had fluid. but it has been a month since he last got tapped...i guess that's good- just not good enough.
    the vet wants us to try stopping the rutin all together. to see what happens. he'll continue the prednisone, mainly because he doesn't seem to have a problem taking it. if he ends up needing rutin again, then i'll have to look for a different kind...
    i don't understand this, he used to love the rutin- he'd even remind me to give it to him- in his food. then all of a sudden- he hates it.
    and the stress of me giving it to him isn't good either. i showed my vet how he gets it, and that he doesn't get a whole dose because he fights so bad...he fights enough to breathe, he shouldn't fight me too.
    so again, it's the wait and see game. i hate this game...

we still need prayers,
    ozzlou

I was thinking of Ozzy the other day and since I had not seen any updates I was hoping all was well in the garden. So sorry you have to go through this and only hope that a solution can be found soon and you don't have to go through what Naomi has just gone through. Prayers continuing your way.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

thanks, slick.
    you know we always appreciate those prayers.

tara&ozzy

Awww, I'm so sorry. It must be so frustrating for you to see this battle. I'll be praying the pred works and he'll be back to his healthy self.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Poor Ozzy, this is too sad. Please don't fight your mommy. I hope the prednisolone alone will help.
    Steffi and Lovable

I'm sorry to hear that Ozzy is so sick. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for both of you. Please take care.

I will pray that Ozzy get's better and that you will be able to find a solution for this ...

Naomi

I'm so sorry to hear Ozzy is not feeling well. Ozzy is in my thoughts and prayers.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

thanks for the support and prayers.
    i'll keep you all posted on how my stubborn lil kitty is doing.
    his spirits seem good...a bit better since he was tapped yesterday, so i'll be thankful for that.

thanks again everyone.
    tara & ozzy

Good luck to both of you! I sure hope he does well without the medication. Thanks for the update.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers