Thread: Politics and religion.

Hybrid View

I was watching Rachel Madcow rant on about voting (not my choice of viewing, I don't have the remote...) and have to LMFAO about how STUPID people are and how STUPID this 'early voting' deal is.

Then if you have to show an I.D. and it's a conspiracy theory.

I have always found people who "absentee ballot" because they are too lazy to go to polls, funny.

--------------------------

You, as a voter, have some responsibility to find out what you need to do to vote.

You have four years to figure you s*** out and, last time I heard? It's the First Tuesday in November. The date changes, so If you can't figure out how to read a calendar (But can post videos on YouTube with no problems) you shouldn't vote - Matter of fact, you deserve to stand in line, go to the wrong precinct or not cast a ballot because you don't have an I.D....

Now, if you are one of the few that was born at home and managed to avoid being part of the mainstream?

YOU STILL HAVE HAD TIME TO FIGURE IT OUT. I know, there are the cases where there's not a clear cut solution.

-------------------------------

I am hoping for a huge Charlie Foxtrot in this election, then have the outcome figured out on the day before the world ends in December.

It would serve us right.

-------------------------

Chris Christy?

I loved his fawning over the fact that he got to ride in Marine One with the prez..........He sounded like a Justin Bieber fan who was able to go back stage and meet him.

Loved it.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

I have always found people who "absentee ballot" because they are too lazy to go to polls, funny.
    Let me explain it to you. Some people work...you know...have jobs. And those jobs often take them out of town...you know...to work.

And these people who...work...want to make sure they can vote. So they get an absentee ballot or a mail in ballot.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the concept.

Of course, there are other reasons people get absentee ballots - they may have difficulty getting to the poll - disabled, bedridden, elderly. I am sure you consider that a "scream" too. Lazy buggers!

What I find funny is people who are constantly laughing at others instead of looking at themselves and seeing just how ridiculous they are.

Someone needs a mirror.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I wish I didn't have to go to the polls to vote, and could do an absentee ballot.

It's not that I'm lazy and don't want to go out just for that, but it seems that this state likes to juggle around the polling districts. I used to vote at the elementary school in town. Lots of parking and no walking and no waiting in long lines. Then a few elections ago it got changed to a different area - about the same distance to drive - but no where to park other than along the street if you can be lucky enough to find a parking spot, and then walk and walk and walk to get to the building and wait in long lines. Then it got changed back to the school, and now it's been changed again back to the long walk/long lines area. Sorry, but with my impaired balance and a bad knee that is scheduled for surgery, I don't walk a lot. I'll at least drive over there tomorrow, and if I can park close, then I'll vote. If not, I'll just turn around and come back home!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I wish I didn't have to go to the polls to vote, and could do an absentee ballot.

It's not that I'm lazy and don't want to go out just for that, but it seems that this state likes to juggle around the polling districts. I used to vote at the elementary school in town. Lots of parking and no walking and no waiting in long lines. Then a few elections ago it got changed to a different area - about the same distance to drive - but no where to park other than along the street if you can be lucky enough to find a parking spot, and then walk and walk and walk to get to the building and wait in long lines. Then it got changed back to the school, and now it's been changed again back to the long walk/long lines area. Sorry, but with my impaired balance and a bad knee that is scheduled for surgery, I don't walk a lot. I'll at least drive over there tomorrow, and if I can park close, then I'll vote. If not, I'll just turn around and come back home!
    Do you have a court house near by? Our district has also changed things around like you mentioned no place to park, long lines. We went to the court house & voted ahead of time. There was plenty of parking with no long lines.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post

Pom,

My 'absentee ballot' rant all about a guy I knew who would always vote that way.

He had no health problems - he was just too lazy to go the polls....He lived in an affluent area/neighborhood and just couldn't be bothered to make a trip.

My old job allowed you to take two hours to vote, so people would bug out early and vote.

-------------------------

This early voting snafu is stupid, a waste of people's time and funny -

I have waited hours in line to see Pink Floyd, get concert tickets watch a torch pass by and some other funky stuff.

Waiting hours to vote? I don't think so.

We were discussing the problems and D came up with this solution, Polls open Saturday and close on Tuesday.

8 to 8 every day, for everyone.

That way no one can complain and it's a level playing field and while we are at it?

Announce the results a few days later, make everyone wait and give the west coasters a chance to vote, the local elections/races suffer because when the 'winner' is announced in the national elections, people there give up and say, "Why should I vote when the election's over......."
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I wasn't complaining about anyone's views re: absentee voting - I get that! I was just venting my frustration at what I've personally encountered. For those just plain too lazy to go out, then I hope they aren't the first ones to complain that the wrong (in their eyes) candidate won - but those are the ones that typically complain the longest and the loudest!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post

My old job allowed you to take two hours to vote, so people would bug out early and vote.
    In California, if an employee is required to work from 7:00 am to 8:00 pm they must be given up to two hours off to vote with pay.

Most if not all states have laws similar although very few states require pay.

But all are only if the employee is unable to get to the polls before or after work.

And Pomtzu - I have had the same frustration - getting to the polls with little time to spare* and finding out my polling place has been changed! I remember once racing through my neighborhood trying to find the right place. Have you checked into an absentee ballot? Most states provide them without much fuss.

Personally I enjoy going to the polls - it feels more participative. I have never known anyone who voted absentee because they are "too lazy to go to the polling place" but what of it? As long as they vote why would I judge them as to what method they use?

* getting out of work on time

Here is an interesting article...Voting

The United States has one of the lowest voter turnout going. Why wouldn't we want to make it easierfor people to vote?

Is voting suppose to be some "prove you are worthy of it" exercise?

If someone wants to vote early, or by mail-in ballot...why is that a bad thing -- worthy of scorn?

I would save my scorn for people who do not bother to vote.