Thread: Help...Christmas gifts for coworkers

Help...Christmas gifts for coworkers

I'm trying to figure out what to get the people I work with for Christmas. There aren't a lot, only 8 but I also can't spend a lot. Any suggestions??

Two words: Starbucks cards!!!

**hugs**

Make some holiday cookies and put them in nice tins. You can get some real cute ones at 99 cent type stores.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    How about candles? I was at the craft store (Michaels) yesterday, and they had very nice holiday scented candles for $3 and $4. If you want to spend more, there are candle holders, etc. to go with them.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Quote Originally Posted by wolflady
    Two words: Starbucks cards!!!

**hugs**
    I like the way you think, but I'm not sure the cards would make it till Christmas....I'd end up using them!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Craftlady
    Make some holiday cookies and put them in nice tins. You can get some real cute ones at 99 cent type stores.
    I hadn't thought of that.....That actually is the one thing I can make that isn't microwavable...making christmas cookies was always my job at Christmas when I was younger and even now it's "required" ....I don't think my mom would let me in the door on Christmas day without the cookies..... lol

Quote Originally Posted by kuhio98
    How about candles? I was at the craft store (Michaels) yesterday, and they had very nice holiday scented candles for $3 and $4. If you want to spend more, there are candle holders, etc. to go with them.
    About 1/2 including my boss are male, I know females would like candles, but do thing males would as well??

I'd only go with candles if you are sure there's no one who'd be allergic - like me! Most guys I know aren't candle types, unless the power goes out!

The cookies will probably be well-received by everyone, because even if they are dieting, they can be brought home to family members who aren't. A paper plate of cookies, nicely wrapped with a cookie cutter tied to each one will be a memorable gift.

Christmas ornaments are fun gifts too. My husbands cousin baked cookies last year and packaged them nicely with a pretty bow and then attached a cute hand-made ornament to it.

My husband would probably never admit it, but he is much more into candles than I am. We go through a lot of candles, but I'm rarely the one who lites them. When he's home there's almost always a candle burning.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

For the last couple of years I have made different pre-packaged type of items for my co-workers. One year I made a jar of home made hot chocolate with a side baggie of mini-marshmellows. The next year I made a recipe using different types of rice, so all they had to do was boil it. If you go to Michael's or other crafty stores they have little books on making these "jar gifts". I found they are generally appreciated by people.

Speaking about jar gifts, one year I made "potted shrimp" for my Dad. It was to die for.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Have you tried your local dollar stores? Sometimes the things available are surprising. Good luck.

I've been Boo'd...
    Thanks Barry!

You can also buy tins of nuts, candy, popcorn & cookies . . . I bought some nuts in really pretty tin cans at Dollar General . . . I think they were 3 bucks a piece.
    -christa

~RIP Abby Jan 14, 1995 - July 21, 2005~

12. Get them each an XBOX 360
    just kididng...

try finding some tin things that are filled with popcorn or candy,, like Christa suggested. my brother loved the the tin thing i got full of popcorn for him last year.

Gift cards (if you can resist spending them) are a good idea. I'm planning on giving them to the letter carrier, paper delivery, and some coworkers after seeing a piece on tipping on TV.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Thanks everyone, you've given me some great ideas to work with. I'm braving the stores this weekend but will hopefully get all my shopping done assuming I actually make it in and out of the mall.