Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone on Weight Watchers? Question! :)

Anyone on Weight Watchers? Question! :)

So I'm on the OLD plan of Weight Watchers, and I've already lost up to 4.2lbs - I'm up to 20 points a day - it is equal to 26-27 points on the NEW Weight Watchers plan. So, my goal is to lose 15-20lbs, in between. I walk daily, I do random workouts, some times I don't but all I do is watch what I eat and pay attention to how much I eat as well. I drink more water and more 0 calories drinks along with hot green tea (lemon or honey) Now, I'm curious, I'm not exactly how sure activity points work - how can you use it towards a specific day or weekend? Does anyone have advice?
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Quote Originally Posted by CountryWolf07 View Post
    So I'm on the OLD plan of Weight Watchers, and I've already lost up to 4.2lbs - I'm up to 20 points a day - it is equal to 26-27 points on the NEW Weight Watchers plan. So, my goal is to lose 15-20lbs, in between. I walk daily, I do random workouts, some times I don't but all I do is watch what I eat and pay attention to how much I eat as well. I drink more water and more 0 calories drinks along with hot green tea (lemon or honey) Now, I'm curious, I'm not exactly how sure activity points work - how can you use it towards a specific day or weekend? Does anyone have advice?
    I used to do WW years ago too. I might still have all of my books and written materials on it. I'll look around at home and see if I can find some info for you. WW is a good plan.

I don't know anything about WW other than I have seen it work wonders for people, my mom included. She still follows a really old plan to. I wish you luck!

Quote Originally Posted by happylabs View Post
    I used to do WW years ago too. I might still have all of my books and written materials on it. I'll look around at home and see if I can find some info for you. WW is a good plan.
    Thanks! Appreciate it. Alysser, It is definitely working so far for me and I've been on it for about 3 weeks, so that's good!
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I like WW cause it is so easy. I never 'used' my exercise/activity points, staying true to the diet. I felt like it was a bonus to not use them, as it only increased the loss.

Good luck!

Way to go so far. I'm losing weight just by counting calories... which is pretty much like adding up points. The trick is being honest with how many calories or points you've actually eaten.

I will go over on calories once in a while. A weekend here or there won't kill your weekly effort. You can't deprive yourself or otherwise the food at any meal will look blah and the forbidden food takes on a whole new level of excitement.... and then you succumb to it and say, "gee that didn't taste as good as I thought it would."

Good luck. It gets easier as it becomes habit and them it becomes second nature. It blows my mind how easily I retrained my mind and body to eat less calories and make healthy changes to each meal. Case inpoint: I am addicted to Applebees oriental chicken salad. If you order it as they prepare it, it something insane like 2000 caloriea. I now order it with grilled chicken and EVERYTHING on the side. This way I can measure how many ounces and such are actually on the salad. I've that salad down to 500 calories and it tastes as good as the original --- just less dressing, almonds, and rice noodles. Simple measuring and substituions.

WW is the best diet there is, IMO. Both my daughter and I lost weight on it. I thought it was actually fun.

I filled up on raw veggies. I can't get enough of them.

I could use the materials as well, if anyone else has them. I gotta get at least 20-30 lbs off. Now that it's nice out and my knee is feeling better, I can walk with Utchie/Isis in the stroller. I'll take pics.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I'm on WW and I love it. I should hit 10lbs off this week I hope!
    The leader did say that if you are on the old plan, that it doesn't have anything to do with the new plan. I believe the activity points are based on the new plan only. I am on etools and there's a place there where you put in your excercise and it lets you either apply it to the day or to your weekly Plus Points.
    Of course any excercise is good but I'm not sure that the old plan took it into consideration. I was on WW 10 plus years ago. The new plan with all the online and smartphone apps is much easier to keep track than it was before.
    I have a Nike pod that goes into my shoe and it counts time spent, calories burned and distance traveled. I love it and it was cheep. Like $25.
    The thing I like most about WW is that it isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle. There isn't an end date on it. Just keep on keeping on.
    Good luck to you! Keep up the good work! Baby steps!

I need to lose a LOT of weight. Obesity surgery would do it but that's not an option for me right now. I am trying to eat more prudently before Thanksgiving. I love McDonald's French fries so I decided last week that I would stop eating fast food till Thanksgiving. Hopefully long after, too. The more I eat that stuff the more I crave it. I've also heard it said that food you get through the drive-up window is not healthful in general. Can anyone give me a good tip to get past food cravings. My mom told me to just order a kids' meal but that hasn't worked most of the time, I go to place my order and I end up without the willpower to do that. Which is part of the reason why I decided to just not go there -literally. I am also missing out on job opportunities because of my weight. Can you tell I'm discouraged and frustrated.

Thank you all,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I need to lose a LOT of weight. Obesity surgery would do it but that's not an option for me right now. I am trying to eat more prudently before Thanksgiving. I love McDonald's French fries so I decided last week that I would stop eating fast food till Thanksgiving. Hopefully long after, too. The more I eat that stuff the more I crave it. I've also heard it said that food you get through the drive-up window is not healthful in general. Can anyone give me a good tip to get past food cravings. My mom told me to just order a kids' meal but that hasn't worked most of the time, I go to place my order and I end up without the willpower to do that. Which is part of the reason why I decided to just not go there -literally. I am also missing out on job opportunities because of my weight. Can you tell I'm discouraged and frustrated.

Thank you all,
    Elyse
    My son was a fast food junkie too - and it really showed. Of course he always supersized, and the job he was working at the time had crazy hours and he would get home late, eat, and then veg out till bedtime. No exercise at all! He finally had the lapband surgery and lost 100 pounds in about 10 months. He looks and feels great. He had tried for years to lose it on his own, and the lapband was a last resort. I'm so glad that he did it, and after not being crazy about the idea when he first told me he was going to do it, I'm glad now that he did. He no longer has sleep apnea, his back and knees no longer hurt from carrying around that extra weight, and he's just all around much healthier!
    Maybe it's not an option for you right now, but I wouldn't eliminate it as a future possibility. Good luck - whatever way you choose to tackle the issue. It's not an easy one, for sure!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I knew how to eat properly but couldn't keep control. I went back to a 12 step program for compulsive eating that I was in over 30 years ago. I can use a commercial food plan or have an honest one of my own. To have the food obsession removed made it easier to stay "clean" - away from refined sugars, carbs and the crunchy/salty stuff.

www.oa.org There are meeting lists there if you want to check it out.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you all,
    Elyse
    Elyse, for a while I was "off" fast food. You want to know what I did? You may laugh but I looked up stories of peoples gross experiences at McDonald's and the like. It worked for me. I didn't eat it for about 2 months but because of the crazy semester I'm back to eating it again and I haven't be exercising at all. But yeah, basically just looked up gross stories and watched Supersize me.

I finally got off my butt and started at the gym. Bruce's brother visited us and he has lost a lot of weight and that finally motivated me to do something!
    I did get a personal trainer. I've never had a personal trainer before, so I knew it would work for me. I started October 1st and have lost almost 10 lbs so far. I only weigh myself every Friday morning. I'm better at the diet during the week, so Friday is a good day to weigh in.
    Now, I was/am the WORST when it comes to fast food and candy. But once I started working out eating those foods just felt like wasting my money I was spending on the trainer. I have not been through McDonalds drive thru since Sept (I use to stop at least once a week for breakfast), I have not touched a single piece of Halloween candy and there has been plenty around here at work and home.
    I always said I had NO will power. But somehow I have found some and it's working for me! I love the show Biggest Loser. Yeah, I'd sit and watch it while eating crappy foods. Bruce's brother was finally the kick in the pants I needed to get me started. Hopefully something like that will come along for you. I was always searching for it and then it just happened.
    As someone else stated I don't look at it as a diet, but a lifestyle change. I could eat like this forever. I don't deprive myself of sweets, but limit them to special occassions or just a bite.
    Good luck!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thank you all,
    Elyse
    Elyse,
    I have lost over 85 pounds so far. I'm a completely different person due to the weight loss. I am happier, more energetic, more outgoing. I'm trying new things -- new foods, new activities, new everything. I will be more than happy to talk to you. PM me if interested in support and ideas. I learned a lot along the way. My husband has lot 85 pounds as well.

Thank you all,
    Elyse
    I'm back and bumping up this old thread because my weight is still an issue. For the most part I've managed to avoid fast food, but there have been slip-ups. I have left knee pain from arthritis, so exercising is difficult. I took an "aquacise" class at the high school, which was fun and will be offered again in the fall. I'm glad farmers' market season is here! Catty1 hit it on the head - I am looking for "clean" eating. I hesitate to wear capri pants or skirts because of my "cankles"... something has to change. I'm still discourated but hoping for improvements over the next couple of months. Catty1, I will look into OA too. Thank you for the idea.

Thank you again, all ---
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678