Thread: Recipes - Christmas sweets

Recipes - Christmas sweets

I'll start with this... haven't tried it yet, but probably will soon.

Pistachio balls - 28 pcs.

200 g pure raw marcipan
    100 g of soft nougat (
    Soft nougat contains finely ground hazelnuts, chocolate, sugar and cream)
    Aprox. 250 g of good dark chocolate 56%, like Valrhona Caraque
    150 g unsweetened pistachio kernels.

Roll the marzipan out to two 20 cm long sausages, each cut into 14 equal pieces, a total of 28 pieces.
    Divide the nougat into 28 identical squares, put each piece into a lump of marcipan.
    Cover the nougat in the marzipan and roll them into balls and dip each in melted chocolate. Then roll each in finely blended pistachio nuts.

And for you who have one of those Kitchen Aid machines, I have to show you this Turron recipe! Looks yummy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6vtacp61pg
    Last edited by Randi; 11-15-2017 at 11:39 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am intending to make sponge candy this year to give as gifts, so will share the recipe when I have tried one or two that work, unless someone already has one?
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Never try or give a recipe unless you have tasted it or made it yourself. It's just... cruel. P.s. What the heck is sponge candy, like sponge toffee?

Just a question... when you soak dried Cranberries in Brandy over night, do you leave them out or put them in the fridge?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Just a question... when you soak dried Cranberries in Brandy over night, do you leave them out or put them in the fridge?
    You don't need to refrigerate them.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Never try or give a recipe unless you have tasted it or made it yourself. It's just... cruel. P.s. What the heck is sponge candy, like sponge toffee?

It's cool stuff - basically caramelized sugar that you add vinegar and baking soda to (done in the right order, timing is critical) so it foams up and solidifies as the foam! It's crunchy, not chewy, and very yummy addictive!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen - I'll leave them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    What do you do with the brandy?

Heidi, I PM'ed you. But one thing I could use it for, is a British Christmas cake, except I can't stand it.