Thread: gas prices in your area?

Hybrid View

When you buy a car in CT, not only do you pay sales tax, licensing and title fees, but a car in CT is considered a "luxury", so we are also sent a tax bill every year based on how much THEY think your car is worth. That on top of the 7% gas tax, soon to be 7.5% is just too much.

Our wonderful (not) Governor has decided to hold off raising the gas tax for the summer. Believe me, it doesn't put a DENT in helping the CT residents out.

So, that's why I'm stuck home in my little apartment on my computer watching tv, reading. My car, after putting $25 worth of gas in it, is sitting in the parking lot going nowhere, doing nothing.

Something's gotta give. People can't take much more. I've been reading stories about fights at the gas pumps, cutting in lines, etc. It's getting ugly.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    Something's gotta give. People can't take much more.
    I hear you, sister, but it's not likely to get "better" any time soon. It's going to take some real grass roots effort to get the government to move forward with tapping into the oil & shale resources that are right here on US territory. There needs to be some sanity and balance in all this, with die-hard environmentalists coming to terms with reality for the rest of us. I'd say most of us are getting tired of being held hostage by foreign oil because we're held hostage here by over regulation preventing development of available resources.

And what ever happened to the development of alternate fuels that was going to save us back in the 70's? In case no one noticed, those promises were made over 35 years ago!!!!

(climbs off soap box )

6/14/08 - $4.69 a gallon

I'm not sure of the price exactly today, but Bruce filled my tank and said it was $60! I have a VW Jetta. It used to take less than $20 to fill the tank. CRAZY!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)