Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My son Eddie came!

My son Eddie came!

A lot of you will remember my son Eddie that was in that explosion in May of 2005 and burned so badly. Some of you even prayed for him when we asked for prayers and put him on prayers lists. Here we are 19 months later and I emailed them and asked if I paid for them a ticket, would they come see me. I had the urge to have all my kids under one roof again and they came last Thursday and went back today.

He has always been a beautiful child to me but now he is even more beautiful and he really makes me even more proud of him. Saturday was the day we had our family get together and of coarse there were lots of cameras and pictures taken. I thought I would share a few with you and hope those who prayed for him could see the results of their prayers...

That is Eddie and his wife Regina standing and me and Rie sitting down.

This is Eddie and Regina, me and my niece (that recently moved from Florida to Louisiana) Rie and Kevlin (Dustys people 2).

And just a great one of Eddie by himself that makes me smile everytime I see it.

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Oh Laura, these pictures bring tears to my eyes! They are just so beautiful!!! What a true BLESSING for you to have your lovely family back together and Eddie is certainly a MIRACLE!!!! Thank you so much, dear friend, for sharing your precious family with us!

Love you!
    Kim
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Laura, isn't that great that you had them all together
    And I can't get over how good Eddie looks- modern medicine can do miracles

He looks very handome...and more importantly, he looks happy.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Laura, what a blessing indeed. What a absolutely beautiful and blessed family you have. Thanks for the wonderful pictures...I felt like I was right there with you and your family.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

The only scars on his face is that one on his chin and on his nose where the safety glasses melted and you have to know that one is there to see it. That is a skin graft on the chin and he said the skin that was there before still grows under the graft and that is why it sticks out. He has to go and have a laser proceedure around it to kill the whiskers since they are growing in bunches and could cause an infection.

He is not self consious at all about the scars or his hands and having to wear the gloves and I can tell you, he really is FAR more outgoing now than he was before the accident. It changed him by making him more talkitive and outgoing. It was a horriable thing that happened to him but I have never once heard him say "WHY ME?" and he is a better person today because of what he learned about life and himself since the accident.

He is not really faithful with wearing the pressure garments on the rest of his body and he is not really concerned about how the scars look on his torso, arms and legs. He even came in here the other night SMILING with nothing on but the pressure garments and boxers to show them to me so I could see how they looked. He sure is ONE SPECIAL GUY and a walking, talking MIRACLE!

He sure does sounds special Laura, I am glad he healed so well.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Aw Laura, thank you so much for those pics!! What a couragious man he is!! I remember very well how we all hoped and prayed together with you, for his recovery. Congrats to him, to you, to your family and to the docs who saved him!!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

What beautiful family pictures, Laura!! Eddie looks wonderful! I'm glad you got a chance to spend time with them.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

He looks FANTASTIC!! Thanks so much for sharing these with us.

Laura, I'm so happy that you were able to have everyone visit! Eddie absolutely looks great and what a wonderful visit. It's nice to 'see' you as well.

He sounds like a brave and wonderful human being. You done good.

This post made me teary eyed because I'm so happy he visited you. It's like a Christmas wish come true.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

13. Wow!

elizabethann, Christmas day will pale in comparison with Saturday or just sitting around the house with him and Regina. THAT was Christmas to me and what it is all about. Christmas wish? WHO could ask for more?

Great Family pictures! What a blessing for you to have him with you!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome