Thread: WiFi with Nintendo DS

WiFi with Nintendo DS

I'm curious if anyone plays online games with their DS using WiFi? I'm trying to figure this out. I only have one game that uses WiFi - Pokemon Pearl (lol ) I went to the store today to buy the WiFi USB connector which someone told me I needed. However, the guy told me if I have wireless internet then I don't need the connector. I seem to be able to get online now, however I can't see anyone in the "room" that you should be able to see other people in...Any ideas??

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I think you need another person close by and on their DS at the same time. I've never 'seen' anyone in my 'room,' either. I don't know anyone in the area with a DS. They all have PSPs and other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    I think you need another person close by and on their DS at the same time. I've never 'seen' anyone in my 'room,' either. I don't know anyone in the area with a DS. They all have PSPs and other stuff.
    By "room" to be you mean in Pokemon?

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

I know Justin has played Mario Cart through Wi-Fi, but I'm not exactly sure how... I just asked him and he said each game is different and he doesn't know how Pokemon Pearl does it. Sorry I'm no help.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom
    Playing over Wi-Fi you don't need to be near the people you are playing. You don't even need to know the people you are playing with. Some games are 2 player and the person you are playing with needs to be within a few feet of you and the have to have their own DS (they however don't need to own the game, they can 'share' yours)... playing over Wi-Fi is different.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla