Thread: Do any of you have prayer requests??

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Prayers for your aunt, molucass, that they find the infection and can treat it! More prayers that you can find a way there.
    I second this. Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

I am afraid I am slipping into a severe depression. This is the first time I have actually admitted it. I am feeling totally desperate about the fact that I have not found a job and can't pay my bills. My unemployment runs out end of May and I am so scared, and I'm barely surviving on that. I can barely by food, and I can't afford my medication. Sometimes, I have to decide what I need - food, or medication. I am so scared... I don't know what to do. I have very little motivation and I basically feel housebound because I can't afford to do anything - not even drive because I'm scared to run out of gas in my car. Tilly and Nutmeg are still ok, as I always make sure I get food for them to eat. I just want to find a job and I am noticing that even the jobs that I could apply for are dwindling. I am not sleeping, I'm not eating properly.. I feel like my life is in shambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomilynn View Post
    I am afraid I am slipping into a severe depression. This is the first time I have actually admitted it. I am feeling totally desperate about the fact that I have not found a job and can't pay my bills. My unemployment runs out end of May and I am so scared, and I'm barely surviving on that. I can barely by food, and I can't afford my medication. Sometimes, I have to decide what I need - food, or medication. I am so scared... I don't know what to do. I have very little motivation and I basically feel housebound because I can't afford to do anything - not even drive because I'm scared to run out of gas in my car. Tilly and Nutmeg are still ok, as I always make sure I get food for them to eat. I just want to find a job and I am noticing that even the jobs that I could apply for are dwindling. I am not sleeping, I'm not eating properly.. I feel like my life is in shambles.
    I wish I could wave a magic wand and produce a job for everyone who needs one but since that isn't feasible, I'll add my prayers to your situation. Try to hold on a little longer for Tilly and Nutmeg if for no other reason. I do know exactly how you're feeling. I was in the same situation years ago and I took to my bed out of fear, which of course, solved nothing. (((HUGS))) Keep the faythe.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Nomilynn...first, see your doctor or go to ER.

Often your doctor will have free samples of medication given to him/her by the drug company reps.

Apply for social services, even to cover your meds. Use the food bank. If you have a church community, reach out to them. Even the distress centre has resources for you to call.

Nutmeg and Tilly need their mommie!

HUGS and prayers that things improve soon with a job - but take care of yourself first!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Nomi,

An extra set of vibes sent out your way.

My sis is having her surgery on Tuesday. She found a wonderful surgeon, after one from UCLA refused to even touch her during the exam. Some good vibes and thoughts would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    My sis is having her surgery on Tuesday. She found a wonderful surgeon, after one from UCLA refused to even touch her during the exam.
    Huh? What kind of dr. is this that refused to touch her? Gawd!
    Blessings,
    Mary

Thanks for the prayers guys. I do appreciate it. Today is an ok day.

Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Huh? What kind of dr. is this that refused to touch her? Gawd!
    Some AH that prodded her with a tongue depressor. I have his name and plan to drop a dime.

Best wishes for your sister, RICHARD. She's a very brave gal to do this - but I can't recall if it is preventative or if there is actually something "there".

Whichever it is, prayers are going out to her and her family.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Touchless exam ??

Some AH that prodded her with a tongue depressor.
    I have his name and plan to drop a dime.

Just a suggestion:
    Keep that dime warm & ready - but in your POCKET till after Sis is
    treated and out of any danger ...

You can't be sure who the Touchless Depressor guy might know.

Best PT Wishes & Prayers to Sis and her whole Family for a Pawzitive outcome!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cinder & Smoke View Post
    Touchless exam ??

Just a suggestion:
    Keep that dime warm & ready - but in your POCKET till after Sis is
    treated and out of any danger ...

You can't be sure who the Touchless Depressor guy might know.

Best PT Wishes & Prayers to Sis and her whole Family for a Pawzitive outcome!!!!!
    Good advice. In the meantime, know that prayers are being sent up for your sister and you right now.....
    Blessings,
    Mary

THanks guys,

the AH was from UCLA and the other Dr. was from another hospital.

Just talked to my sis and she is at home resting....

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and well wishes.

You all ROCK!

Just talked to my sis and she is at home resting....

Thanks to all of you for your thoughts and well wishes.

You all ROCK!
    Glad to hear it, RICHARD. We'll keep the prayers going that she'll heal nicely.
    Blessings,
    Mary

Dear PT Friends, would you please say a prayer for my sister-in-law Karen and her father. The last time I saw him was on Christmas, and he was talkative and cheerful. My brother told me on Saturday that he is much more confused now; drives even though the doctor has said he shouldn't; and that he sometimes forgets to eat or to shower if he isn't reminded. He receives home-delivered meals. He is in his late 80s and made an amazing recovery from an infection with the "flesh-eating" bacterium about 10 or 12 years ago. It makes me sad to think about him failing.

Thank you,
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678