Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another update - see #21 - I'm back in DE

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Another update - see #21 - I'm back in DE

Hi All ----- Just thought I'd give you a quick heads-up on my status. My life has been rather chaotic and not the way I imagined my golden years to be. As you know, I had moved to NC with all intentions of making it a permanent move, but it was not to be. I went down to live with my niece after her father (my brother) passed away. I was reluctant in the beginning, but she claimed she needed me to help her get her life back on track and in order. Well it seems the only thing she wanted from me was a live-in housekeeper and cook. I won't bad mouth her here - it would serve no purpose - but we just weren't/aren't on the same page or even in the same book. My son nailed it when he said that we weren't even in the same library!!! So after having had more than my fill of her and NC, I packed up - stuffed all I could in my car and put the rest in a storage unit to be picked up later - gathered up Wolfy and the 2 kittens - and on Jan 24th came back to DE. I'm back at my old address - at least for now. But be assured if my son ends up selling this house, we will be living somewhere local and around in the area - NOT NC!!!!

So when I was NOT having any fun in NC, I took a very nasty fall in mid-Nov in my niece's driveway, and sustained severe damage to the hardware in my lumbar spine from the spinal fusion back in 2010. I couldn't get a doctor down there to see me, and it was finally the end of January when I got back here that I got in to see my spine surgeon in Baltimore. I knew it was bad, but didn't imagine it to be as bad as it is. Instead of a nice straight spine (like the hands on a clock at 6 o'clock), mine now looks like 7 or 8 o'clock. The hardware on one side of the spine collapsed and pulled the vertebrae above it down, and severely out of alignment, so now that all has to be repaired. I also had an MRI last week and had an appointment to go hack to my doctor tomorrow for follow-up and the next step in what has to be done, but the forecast is for more snow and ice over night and in to tomorrow a.m., so I rescheduled for Thursday. It's almost a 2 hour drive over there, and I sure don't need to get into a wreck on the interstate.

So that's all that I've been up to, to keep life from getting too boring. Wolfy - aka: The Wolfman - aka: My Wild Child - is doing great. He's a little bit of Myndi and a little of Sparky, rolled into one adorable little Fuzzbutt. And he finally has that playmate that he wanted - his brother and sister kittens. He loves Luke, who is the rough and tumble little boy, and they chase each other all over the house, sleep together (when I don't toss Luke out of the bedroom), share toys (Wolfy loves catnip mousies), and steal each other's food when they think no one is looking. Luke definitely is part Maine Coon - his fur is so soft and long, and if those ear tufts get any longer, I'll need to braid them. He's gonna be a big boy too - he is already twice the size of his sister, and way bigger then his brother (who my son has). My son's 2 older twin grays have even gotten more lively and frisky with the kittens living here - they were 11 year old crabby ladies, and the change in them is amazing.

I'm having computer issues with my old stand-by desktop, and as soon as I get my pics saved (a ton of them), my son is going to completely clean it out and reload only what's needed. It's 8 years old, so you can imagine what's in there that I don't even know about. For now I'm borrowing my son's and grandson's when I need one, and they are buying me a small laptop for my birthday in April. I probably still won't be on here much right now, with facing the back surgery and not knowing yet, just how extensive it will be, but I'll be around more than I have been - that's a given. When I can, I'll get new pics of Wolfy and his kitties too.

That's about all for now. I need to peel myself out of this chair and move around some. I have a great deal of pain in my back, hip and thigh from this injury, that even the potent pain killers don't help much, and the longer I stay in one spot, the worse the pain gets. I have to make myself move around to keep it from getting any worse than it already is. They shoot horses - don't they?????

I'll try to check back in a few days, and I'll let you know what I find out at my doctor appointment on Thursday. It won't be good, but hopefully it won't be too horrible!
    Last edited by pomtzu; 02-23-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

It is so good to hear from you again. I'm really sorry about all the problems you've been having.

Love the descriptions of your new brood and their activities - looking forward to pictures when you get the chance

Oh, goodness, what a time you have had! Glad you are back "home" where you are appreciated, instead of being treated like the hired help! And so sorry to hear about your fall. Glad to hear from you, though, and hopefully both you and your old computer will be feeling much, much better!
    I've Been Frosted

It's good to hear from you. I am so sorry your move to NC did not work out with your niece. Also I'm sorry you're in pain from your fall and hope you get some good medical attention now that you're back home. On the pet front, I'm looking forward to seeing photos of Wolfy and your kittens. Your kitten named Luke sounds beautiful... cant wait to see him. Take care of yourself.. Kay in NC

Pom!

Your niece has lots of community resources to help her 'get back on her feet'. I am glad you bailed out.

I really hope your back hardware can be successfully repaired. The only good thing about it is that you had a "reason" to not work for your niece any more.

Take good care, prayers for great driving weather.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

It's great to hear from you Ellie! I'm glad you went back to DE. You didn't seem very happy in NC from your posts. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all goes well with your surgery. Keep us posted when you can.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Welcome HOME, Ellie! And Wolfy! And hey ya, Luke and un-named sister kitten! Glad you are hard at work, getting those 2 old crabby ladies in touch with their inner kitten!

Prayers for the back issues, Ellie.

I'm so glad to hear from you. Sorry things didn't work out. Sending you lots of prayers and positive thoughts.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

So glad to finally hear from you Pom-although I'm sorry to hear things didn't work out with your niece and your back injury does not sound too good. Hopefully now that you have gotten in touch with your own "hunk" (doctor) he can get you back in shape .

Glad you bailed out and came back HOME---nobody deserves to be treated like a built in housekeeper.
    Just can't wait to hear all about the "Wolfman" and your two kitties.

Get some much needed rest, we'll be waiting for the next news. Did you ever think of writing a book about all your experiences and your fur friends-just might be worth looking into that.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Hi, Pom! I am glad to hear from you! I'm so sorry about your back and I hope the weather will cooperate for your appointment on Thursday. Hi, Wolfy and brother-kitten Luke! I thought I read somewhere that Luke's sister kitty's name is Leia, but I could be wrong. I am sending you bunches of kisses, hugs, snuggles and lovies ! Please take good care of your mommy for me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thanks for the warm welcome back. Yes Elise, Luke's sister's name is Princess Leia. She's a tiny little girl with the beautiful coloring and soft fur of a chinchilla, but still keeps up with the others in spite of her diminutive size. Luke is more stripey - silver and black, and the white outlining his eyes makes him look like he has eyeliner on - so pretty. The other sib that my son has is a boy - black head and legs and muted stripes - also silver and black. He really is the cutest of the 3 - a round pie face and short little legs - a very sturdy little guy. His name is Harley (like the motorcycle), because he purrs so loud. They all have, or are getting, long hair. The other 2 littermates that went to other homes, were brown and orange stripe tabbys. These 3 silver and black babies had to have gotten their coloring from somewhere back in the line of one of the parents since mom was a brown stripe tabby and daddy was an orangeman. Leia does have a very small orange spot on her chest, and also some orange on the underside of one of her hind legs.

And me write a book on the NC experience.????? - it would be an epic horror story. I'm certain that a great deal of you would think I'm making most of it up and exaggerating to the max, but what little I said here was only the very tip of a large and dirty iceberg. Some things are better left unsaid. The only thing that I can post here on a forum of all ages, is that my niece seriously needs help - both physically and mentally. Like is said - you can't un-ring the bell - but I sure can bury it.

And it's a good thing I switched my doctor appointment from today, until Thursday. We had more snow overnight and it probably would have been treacherous going so early in the morning. Getting out of the driveway would have been an effort all by itself, since it's still solid ice under the snow, and of course the snow plows throwing up new snow at the end of the drive, just added more of a challenge. Oh well - I've suffered this long, so what's 2 more days????
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Welcome back, Pom!! I am so sorry to hear about how busy your life has been and in not so good ways and glad you are back in DE where you're much happier. I can't imagine living with someone you just do not get along with, must have been terrible. Also really sorry to hear about your back It must be in such pain! I hope you get whatever you get done quickly and painlessly. I was unaware of you getting two kittens. They must be precious. Also we'd love to see some more Wolfy Pics

I haven't been on much either, sorry things didn't work out. I had my gastric bypass on 9/12, down 97 pounds! I exercise 1 to 2 hours a day and I am feeling great, sorry about your back problems that is rough.
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Welcome HOME, Ellie! So good to see you back where you belong! And really good you got out of that situation before it got any worse.

I'm sorry to learn of your back troubles, and I hope they can be dealt with effectively. Great news about the new kittens! Looking forward to hearing more about them and Wolfy, and seeing pictures.

God bless, all!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and ,
    Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    I haven't been on much either, sorry things didn't work out. I had my gastric bypass on 9/12, down 97 pounds! I exercise 1 to 2 hours a day and I am feeling great, sorry about your back problems that is rough.

Congrats - that's great news on your weight loss. Keep up the good work - you are another success story just like my son.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013