Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW Scary news from the home front (see post 25)

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Pat - I think that you'll find that 12 week scenario, to be very overstated. I was pretty much back to my normal routine in 4 - 6 weeks. These doctors like to present the worst possibilities, but then greatly modify the whole thing when they see how well you are tolerating and recovering. Fingers and paws crossed for a "lighter sentence".
    Thank you, Ellie. I know they state extremes here, to cover their behinds legally. I'm going to do the best I can to get back on my feet before that much time.

At this point I'm not thinking of postponing the surgery. The new manager was supposed to call me Friday afternoon with what they'd come up with.. she promised me three times that she would. And I never heard a peep.

I'm just in kind of a daze with all this right now!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    More prayers and good wishes. Were Bob and Elmer still out of the house when someone chose the corner instead of the litter pan? I don't see how they can give you a big hassle when you made a good-faith effort to respond to the first notice. If they're supposed to exchange the carpeting anyway ... would they wait till after you've finished your surgery and rehab? Since you did just have it cleaned. ((((HUGS))) and prayers and positive energies and good wishes!
    Thanks, Elyse. Bob was out of the house Thursday night; Elmer left Friday morning. Friday after I got back from dropping him off was when I discovered the pee puddle.

That's what I think.. I made an absolute good-faith effort responding well over and above, and at ENORMOUS expense, to what they'd stated in the letter and then in my phone call to the manager.

The maintenance super said it: the whole carpet needs to be replaced. And that is on them to do, since they've never done it in my 12 years here and they are supposed to do it every 5 years.

I have a huge lot of stuff to move out of the way if the carpet is going to be replaced. Smaller things so they can move the furniture. Don't know if they'll want to let it go until after the surgery and rehab. This remains to be figured out just what is to happen when, and right now I need to hear back from them to know what's next.

Thanks for all the ((((HUGS))) and prayers and positive energies and good wishes!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lizbud View Post
    Questions for the apt mgr.

1. When will the new carpeting be installed ?
    2. When will the WiFi be fixed & working?

Tell the Mgr. all the positive steps you've taken to eliminate any odors. Maybe a home camera setup to identify the kitty
    who uses the corner instead of the litter box, so you know who to work on. Good luck & I hope they will work with you on
    solving any problems.
    Thanks, Liz. Carpet installation date needs to be worked out. They sent a letter a couple of months back saying free WiFi would be discontinued starting Aug. 31, but according to my calendar it's not that date yet. When I called the office I was referred to the technical company running it. My calls to them have not been returned. I should call the apartment-complex owner's office and make a big stink, YOU promised we would have this service until 8/31, so YOU get on to the techies and make it happen.. Or extend it this many days into September.

But I don't really want to make a big noise about this right while all the apartment stuff is going on.

Yes, I've taken huge steps at great expense to deal with the issues they informed me about.

Thanks for the good wishes!

Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    So many things to juggle all at once! Prayers for patience and calm during this hectic time. Sounds like you are on track to get the information and support you need.

Is the 2 pets max written in your rental agreement / lease? Was it always that way (you said many changes in management).
    Then, how long have you been in 'violation?' Do NOT answer these questions on here, this is a public forum. But these are things your legal representative will need to know. Because the longer you have been in violation the stronger they can argue the management knew and looked the other way.

The legal clinic w/3rd year students is a great option for you, do follow up on that as well as all the other things you have to do. They are eager, chomping at the bit, and have plenty of oversight by seasoned attorneys.
    Thanks, Sandie, for the prayers and good wishes and advice. I'm having a hard time staying patient and calm, I'm afraid. I need to remind myself that getting all stressed out and worried is not going to help one bit.

I know the two pets max is in the official agreement. And I am looking forward to getting in touch with the legal clinic, once I know more just what is really going on here.

Death thought about it.

Thank you so much to all you good people for your prayers and good wishes and strengthening energies and warm encouraging thoughts.

They really mean the world to me. God bless you all.

Love ,
    Pat (and cats)
    Death thought about it.

Wifi is okay after all!

Well, guess what...

I have this WiFi enhancer thing because the signal is not strong in my apartment.

Seems the brief power outage the other day must have knocked the enhancer off.. And this possibility just occurred to me now, after hearing my phone message from Crosstown Wireless saying everything was fine.

So sure enough, it was off.. and sure enough after I turned it back on, I'm online again!

DUHHH..

At least I don't have to be concerned about that at the moment (until the 31st, anyway)...

Death thought about it.

Good luck with all the apartment stuff and your surgery.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Thank you, Smokey!

Death thought about it.

I'm so sorry you have to be concerned about this apartment thing and your surgery. All of that would make me very upset. I hope all of it works out good for you.

Thank you, Kaycountrygal.

Wait till you hear the update, everyone.. sigh...

I just heard from the new manager, Cathy, this afternoon. Turns out they are going to replace all the carpet. Next Tuesday in the bedroom and hall, rip it all out and replace the flooring, Wednesday, put in the new carpeting.

Friday and Saturday, same for the living room.

Before Tuesday I have to have everything that's on the floor in the bedroom and hall out of there.

Then before Friday everything out of the living room.

I'll have to board the cats again the whole week. (And I wonder how they'll react when they come back home on Sunday and find so much is different.)

I have loads of stuff all over the floors in all the rooms. It is mind-boggling to consider moving it all and where to put it. Some to get rid of or to send on to good causes. Most of it, I don't know.

Cathy said this is non-negotiable, I have to get those spaces cleared at the right times. This is so it's done before I go for my surgery on Sept. 15! See, they're thinking of me.

That's the latest there.

P.S., At least this means they're not threatening me with eviction! (At least not now.)

P.P.S., I had my pre-surgery physical today. Brings it more home to me that this is actually (maybe) going to happen.. Sept. 15.
    Death thought about it.

I had to do this for new carpet in an apartment I lived in several years ago. You take all the floor stuff in the bedroom (since they are doing that room first) and move it into the living room (pile it up if you have to). Then, when they are done with the bedroom move all the living room stuff into the bedroom, including the bedroom room floor stuff you had put in the living room. When they are completely finished, move everythig back to its appropriate room and enjoy your new carpet!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thank you, katladyd. That's what I have to do.

Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    I had to do this for new carpet in an apartment I lived in several years ago. You take all the floor stuff in the bedroom (since they are doing that room first) and move it into the living room (pile it up if you have to). Then, when they are done with the bedroom move all the living room stuff into the bedroom, including the bedroom room floor stuff you had put in the living room. When they are completely finished, move everythig back to its appropriate room and enjoy your new carpet!
    It sounds so easy, doesn't it! But this is a massive undertaking here. I have so much stuff lying around in so little space.

I just booked the cats to be boarded for the whole week. And I'm scared that when they do come back home and find everything they're used to all changed around, they're going to ..react by doing things like ..marking spaces. And a week and a half later I disappear for a month or two or more.

Now I'm thinking maybe I should postpone the surgery after all.
    Death thought about it.

Please do not postpone the surgery. You have to be fit and healthy for your furrkids. Take care

Pat, you don't need to be hurting yourself before surgery! Call a volunteer or elder-help service (I don't know how old you are and I ain't asking! ) and see what they can do for you.

http://www.volunteermatch.org/search/org451771.jsp

If they don't provide that help, they may know who can.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda