• I think they are OK

12 24.00%
  • I love them!

32 64.00%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of pit bulls?

What do you think of pit bulls?

What do you think of pit bulls?

I say they are like any other dog, but I dont trust them as much.

I Love them!
    Nikki[human],Zippy[tabby],and Pumpkin[orange tabby]
    Rest in Peace my Sweet Hammie Zoey
    Jan 1,09-March 26,2010

i love them.they are a wonderful breed.Its such a shame whats happening to them.I've never met a mean pit bull.

Why don't you trust them? Just because media(TV,books,News,ect.) states that pitbulls are agressive doesn't mean anything. Media lies half the time. Maybe pitbulls attack people on occasion. But guess what? SASSY has attacked more people then I can count and do you see "Maltese Discrimanation". No. Just because pitbulls have stronger jaws then other dogs doesn't mean they use them to attack people. It's the usually the owners fault they attack people. First off, I don't see why people have to tie up dogs and leave them outside on chains. They get absolutley no love and attention from anyone and probably see us humans as threats. Second, fences should be checked regularly to prevent the dog from getting out. These are just LITTLE reasons. A major reason pitbulls are known as "aggressive" is because of illegal dog fighting. People just don't realize that idiots whom have no lives train these animals to attack each other. Pits are VERY loyal dogs and always want to please thier master. As a result, they want to obey the owner and fight the other dog. They know nothing else therefore it's not their fault. ANY dog is capable of attacking someone if they wanted to and I see no reason to not trust pits. If I have offended anyone with this post, sorry. But this is my opinion. I do not see any reason not to trust pitbulls.

They aren't "just like any dog," in that they are a breed that has its own characteristics, good and bad. This is, however, true of any breed - some breeds are prone to hip displaysia, for example, while others are not.

But like any breed, there are some pitbulls who exhibit the good characteristics, some the bad ones, and most of all, they are influenced by the people who raise them.

Love 'em!

i love them! i would love to own one someday. they are beautiful. i've met more "mean" chihuahuas, dachshunds, mixed breeds, labs, etc than i have pits. i met most of these pits at the shelter. that tends to be the place where a dog's worst side can come out. but they were always the best. temperment wise.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I like them, but wouldn't own one ever (has nothing to do with the media, I think they're really sweet). They're great, but not what I like in a dog.

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

I have no problem with them. I think they're adorable.. but they're not my type of dog!

"Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you?
    But when you take him in a car he sticks his head out the window." -- Steve Bluestone

I love pitbulls but would never own one. Like others have said, they are not my type of dog.

AMADEUS AUGUSTUS SEBASTIAN THEODORE

I will admit, that years ago when all the hype began, I was leary of them. As a groomer, I often secretly hoped that they would NOT come into the shop. But over the years, having met many of the breed I no longer distrust them. They are usually nice dogs. But I still don't LOVE them. To me they are too strong and too active for my taste.

You're stating you distrust part of your own dog, Eesh kid.

Pit Bulls ARE just like any other dog - in the fact that ANY dog can bite, ANY dog can attack, ANY dog can cause you damage, ANY dog can have aggressiveness.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I have a pit mix and I've never met a sweeter dog. In fact every pit I've met was incredibly sweet. I worked at a boarding facility for almost 6 years and one of my favorite boarders was a pit bull named Buddy, he was awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    they are influenced by the people who raise them.
    That's probably why every one I've met has been great, their owners are always great.
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I love Pit Bulls. Mandy is a Pit Bull mix. I know that I'll own another one someday They're such great dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kfamr
    You're stating you distrust part of your own dog, Eesh kid!
    Buddy isn't a pit bull!!! We aren't sure what breed he is. He doesn't even LOOK pit bull now to me.

I love them, and would love to own one some day! But unfortunately My husband is one of those who dosent trust them! I am working on him about that tho!
    Maggie,

I didn't slap you, I just high fived your Face!
    I've Been Boo'd!!