• Yes, sounds fun!

8 42.11%
  • No

6 31.58%
  • I'm not in the swap but wanted to vote anyways :P tee-hee

5 26.32%

Thread: Unique PT Swap Poll... Question

Unique PT Swap Poll... Question

Ok I know this might sound a little odd, but it just popped into my head & I have talked to 2 other PT members & they thought it would be a really spiffy & unique Swap gift.

Ok my swapper is on one of my many routes to other cities (Canada & the USA... I do travel up to 8hrs away in both counties from my home) I travel too. I think it would be a really spiffy idea if I hand delivered my gift with Bear! Not saying I'll stay long, but kind of a hi, get licked by Bear kind of thing.

Please be honest & truthful!
    If my swapper replies & says no, I wont take any offence to it as its suppose to be mailed out & I'm not a well liked member, so I'm expecting a lot of no's. I just thought it was a spiffy & fun idea as the swapper is on one of my routes (litterly only 1-2km off my route).

Happy Swap giving!

I think that's a neat idea, sounds like fun! And don't ever say you are not a well liked member! Of course you are!!

I am not involved in the swap but I wanted to vot anyway. :P

My 2 cents worth...I think it is a really nice idea. I mean it is a very special way to deliver and it shows real interest in the person you are swapping with and there pets. I really like it.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Well, considering the swap is supposed to be a surprise, and your swapper doesn't know who they are receiving from, it might be kinda hard to arrange! It'd be fun otherwise, but that would sure throw a monkey-wrench into the works - you wouldn;t want to get there and have no one home!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen
    Well, considering the swap is supposed to be a surprise, and your swapper doesn't know who they are receiving from, it might be kinda hard to arrange! It'd be fun otherwise, but that would sure throw a monkey-wrench into the works - you wouldn;t want to get there and have no one home!

Ya I know, but I go that way anyways, so its not a big deal if that person isn't home. I can still mail it out & it'll still be a suprise. I promiss not to show up at 4am banging on the door lol It'll be more so around lunch time & on a sat.

My recipient is too far away from you - but thanks!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I would have to say no. I hope this doesn't sound rude, but I am a private person. I really don't even like company lol.. especially unexpected.. but like I said I am more of a loner.

Does sound a little odd to me, especially since it would be a surprise and not an arranged visit.

That said, I have given my gift swap in person - When in Findlay I had Cincy's Mom as my swapper and I gave it to her at the meeting.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I'm not adverse to company, but I would feel bad if someone made the trip and I wasn't home.

Plus like Karen said, it's supposed to be a surprise, so it'd be hard to organize. However, I'd love to hand deliver to my gift swapper recipent, but they live too far away.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth
    I'm not adverse to company, but I would feel bad if someone made the trip and I wasn't home.

Plus like Karen said, it's supposed to be a surprise, so it'd be hard to organize. However, I'd love to hand deliver to my gift swapper recipent, but they live too far away.
    I understand that, but this person is on my way, so if I miss them its really not big deal, cause I can still mail it out & it'll still be a suprise.

I would think that as long as your swapper is adult, it might be ok. If it is a teen or something, their parents may be a little freaked out!

Quote Originally Posted by areias
    I would think that as long as your swapper is adult, it might be ok. If it is a teen or something, their parents may be a little freaked out!
    I have to agree there, I would never do this if the person was a teen.