Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Need PT Help - Emma & Annie need GOOD homes. (Can we help Gini?)

Randi,

Thank you for that quote...it's good to know they bonded so well. 😄 This will help.

I'm only in touch w Mike - her brother from Boston, also their father. Although I told him I'd happily talk to his daughter as she was the one that got A & E to come to her and was playing with them. (Also good things.) He hasn't involved her. I wish he would and have dropped a few hints that she'd be able to help me w all our questions. But, so far, no.

Regarding funds, I hadn't thought about it. Since they are going to Cathy, you can send them to her if we decide that's the best option - or to me if that works too. I can get a pay pal account if that helps. Whatever works is fine with me. 😄
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Quote Originally Posted by NoahsMommy View Post
    Randi,

Thank you for that quote...it's good to know they bonded so well.  This will help.

I'm only in touch w Mike - her brother from Boston, also their father. Although I told him I'd happily talk to his daughter as she was the one that got A & E to come to her and was playing with them. (Also good things.) He hasn't involved her. I wish he would and have dropped a few hints that she'd be able to help me w all our questions. But, so far, no.

Regarding funds, I hadn't thought about it. Since they are going to Cathy, you can send them to her if we decide that's the best option - or to me if that works too. I can get a pay pal account if that helps. Whatever works is fine with me. 
    We do know their date of birth - from an earlier post - they are actual just 11 1/2 years old - born March 26, 2002 - Gini posted that on their eighth birthday. And they were neutered not long after she got them, she also mentioned that.
    I've Been Frosted

I have been busy all day and part of my day today was tending to my disabled neighbour - shopping, washing dishes, etc. so I'm spending the evening catching up.

Of the 9 emails with photos attached I've sent to vets and shelters, I've received only 1 response and that the person who runs a sanctuary and wants $500 per pet. Not an option as far as I'm concerned.

Bless this forum. Over the years I've seen many miracles happen here and bless you Cathy for creating one more. I trust you 100%.

There is a group called CuteTransport and unfortunately I can only find them on Facebook here:
    https://www.facebook.com/CuteTransportNetwork

I'm wondering if they can help???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Quote Originally Posted by slick View Post
    There is a group called CuteTransport and unfortunately I can only find them on Facebook here:
    https://www.facebook.com/CuteTransportNetwork

I'm wondering if they can help???
    Slick,
    I'll be picking up the girls and taking them to Cathy in San Jose as we planned. Mom is going with me - we're going to look at the calendar and see when we can do so. Also waiting on Mike to let me know when I can come get A & E. Mom and I are going to even stop in at a friends house in our way back in the San Jose area. 

Karen,
    Thanks for the birth dates. I saw your first message and also let Mike know. He was under the impression they are older and only have 2-3 yrs left. Thanks for finding that - it's great to have that info!

I don't want anyone to mistake my silence for anything, I've been waiting on news from the people who are closer to the situation. I have two offers of kitty condos to borrow, so I'll be arranging to pick one of them up ASAP.

I also have a potential adopter who wants to come meet them and chat with me once they're here - a single lady and a VERY sweet ten year old girl who recently lost their elderly cat. It would be a very quiet, peaceful home and they are agreeable to a home visit, so I'm hopeful.

As for funds, I'm overwhelmed with the offers of support that have been coming in from here and from my customers. I want to set something up for A&E, but I'm not sure the best way to do that right now, and I am open to suggestions.

I'm also taking my cell number down since the pertinent parties have it.

So after talking with my Mom, I realized that I may have bitten off more than I can handle when I volunteered to pick up A&E and bring them all the way up to San Jose and return home. This is a 6+ hr drive, one way from Ventura Cnty - 1.5-2.5 hrs north of where I live now. So I guess it would be a 7.5+ hr drive one way for me. There are many factors involved, but the most important is my health. After my last surgery (the 2nd one in 8 yrs) in April we found out how diseased my intestines are (even after surgery), I decided I needed to finally put myself first in life, or I wouldn't actually HAVE a life. (By 'life' I don't mean one filled w partying, constant social engagement and guys...I mean, I can maybe go to school and finish a semester, stay out of a hospital, ER and my bed, actually go to things I plan...that sort of life. ) I tend to offer myself up before even considering the impact things have on me. Which Mom says is nice of me to do, but I'm useless to help others if I don't put my health first.

All that to say, our next hurdle is transport. I can get them from Gini's to Ventura Cnty (Simi Valley or Moorpark) on Sunday (12/29) on my way to see my family/friends for a late Christmas. We need transport from Simi/Moorpark to Visalia/Bakersfield where Cathy will be (this is the halfway point to San Jose and Los Angeles). This date is somewhat a working date...it's not in stone - but will work the best for both Cathy and I.

Mike said he'd get back to me today or tomorrow. He will answer all the questions I posted on PT as well as letting me know when I can get the girls. I'm not 100% certain, but I think he's going to have the neighbor let me in...I'll update everyone as I know more. I have messages into my family and friends I'm meeting up with as well as Mike.

Any help w transport would be wonderful. I'm going to contact the transport group Slick posted above now.

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    I don't want anyone to mistake my silence for anything, I've been waiting on news from the people who are closer to the situation. I have two offers of kitty condos to borrow, so I'll be arranging to pick one of them up ASAP.

I also have a potential adopter who wants to come meet them and chat with me once they're here - a single lady and a VERY sweet ten year old girl who recently lost their elderly cat. It would be a very quiet, peaceful home and they are agreeable to a home visit, so I'm hopeful.

As for funds, I'm overwhelmed with the offers of support that have been coming in from here and from my customers. I want to set something up for A&E, but I'm not sure the best way to do that right now, and I am open to suggestions.

I'm also taking my cell number down since the pertinent parties have it.
    Thank you so much for all you have been doing on behalf of A & E, Cathy! You are a HUGE answer to prayer.

That woman and her daughter sound like an amazing home for the girls. As we learned from Mike, his daughter was able to coax the girls out and spend time w them in a VERY stressful situation. I think a gentle, sweet little girl would be PERFECT for them.

I can make Monday work too, if need be, just FYI.

I haven't been on PT for quite a while. I'm so glad to hear that A&E will now have a foster home and hopefully a wonderful loving forever home together. I live close to Cathy and I've shopped at her store many times. I know these cats will be in very good hands.

Still looking for someone to help w transport from Simi Valley to Bakersfield on Sunday. Can everyone ask ANYONE they know in Southern California?

Here are more pictures of Annie and Emma. Such pretty girls!! The ones w the gloved hands are of the nurses that tended to Gini in her last days. They made sure she was able to love on them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	109.0 KB 
ID:	57615Click image for larger version. 

Views:	60 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	57616Click image for larger version. 

Views:	51 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	57617Click image for larger version. 

Views:	48 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	57618

I shared the trasnport info on FB - on my timeline and on the PT page. Hoping for some responses.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    I shared the trasnport info on FB - on my timeline and on the PT page. Hoping for some responses.
    I also just posted it! And since I live in California, I'm hoping some of my FB friends might live in that area. Fingers crossed!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Thanks for sharing this info in any way you can, everyone! It helps! Gini's brother was talking about possibly paying for gas for whoever helps with transport. Can you also pass that along? (If it helps to get someone to volunteer. I know right after the holidays money can be really tight.)

Also, anyone that expressed interest in donating to Annie & Emma, pls PM or email me. [email protected] I'll get you Cathy's PayPal info. That way all $$ goes to her and to their forever home/Kitty Mommy.

Thanks, guys!!

Noahsmommy, are you the contact person? I have a name and phone number and (possible) e-mail address for someone who might be able to help with the transport. I just sent the information to your e-mail address in your previous message.

I'd also chip in some money.

Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

The lady I adopted Katie from is dropping off a big condo for them tomorrow, so I can have it scrubbed up and ready for their arrival Sunday evening!