Thread: "As Seen On T.V." Products

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

"As Seen On T.V." Products

Do any of you order any "as seen on TV" merchandise from the t.v. ads, or buy when they have them in those locations in stores like Walmart or Walgreens? What has been your experience with what you've bought - is the product good or bad or worth the money? Would you recommend the product to a friend, etc??? I read the reviews before ordering or buying anything, and tho I don't buy many of these items, I have bought a few and have had good luck with them.

Forever Comfy Pillow - I ordered this thru the t.v. - (you know the line - the 2nd one is free) - just pay the shipping and handling. So I ordered 2 of them. They were well worth the price and really are comfy - I have one in my car and one in my desk chair. The price was more than reasonable since a like product sold thru a medical supply house as a wheelchair pad, sells for about double the price (for only one), I paid for two. I would recommend this product!

Genie Bra - love these - so comfortable! You can buy these at Walmart too, but I've only seen them in black or beige there. I order them thru QVC - they have a big selection of pretty colors and they are actually cheaper than thru t.v. or Walmart. Another item I'm very satisfied with and worth the money.

Pink Armor Nail Gel - I picked up a bottle at Walgreens. I've only had it for a few day, but so far no chipping as advertised. It goes on very smooth and is super fast drying - gives my nails a nice pink healthy look. My nails are super brittle and peel and split very easily, so I'm hoping this product will solve that problem, as they advertise. So far - so good.

So do any of you have any comments - good or bad - on any of the t.v. products you may have bought?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

The only product that comes to mind that I've purchased is the dog bark thing (shoot, I can't even think of the name!). The thing that's supposed to stop the dog from barking.
    Yeah, HUGE waste of money. All it did to Zoee was make her have an anxiety attack. Didn't work on my mom's dogs either. AND my mom and niece can hear the noise it sends out.

I see the Genie Bra at CVS here and wanted to try it. I just bought two new bras at Nordstroms for a pretty penny. Maybe next time I'll go this route.

That comfy pillow looks like a good deal. I've been tempted to get it for my work chair. Now that you've reviewed it for me...........maybe I will!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I have never ordered anything from TV, I am always VERY skeptical, and just figure if it works, it will make it to retail stores soon!
    I've Been Frosted

I ordered the Sobakawa Pillow and love it!!! It conforms really well and helps me with stiff necks.

I WANTED to order that "cooling pillow". It's supposed to keep you cool while you sleep. When I called the toll free number, I asked them if it was the same kind of gel that cold packs are made of. The guy gave me this long shpeel about the instructions. WAAAAY to much aggravation.

I want to try the "skin tag" removal gel, but not sure how it works. Anyone have any experience with this????

I bought the Ah Bra at CVS. I bought an extra large. It was so tight I couldn't breathe. I returned it and bought the Genie Bra. SOOOOO much better!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't buy anything from the TV they always make it into the stores now.

If you don't like it you can return it and not have to worry about return shipping charges.
    and the buy 1 get 1 free scam.
    Like the EMERYCAT scratcher I think it was 19.99 and shipping for the free one was 14.99 or
    something close to that.
    I bought it at Petco.. NONE of my 5 cats used it...gave it away

I bought the GENIE BRA. They had them at BJ'S- target -cvs- Bed bath and Beyond
    Bed B & B you can use the coupon
    CVS if you sign up to get the emails you get a coupon every week for 20% 25% 30% $3 or $4

I bought the POCKET HOSE 2 of them they work great! Same deal $5 coupon Bed B&B

My grandson wanted the DREAM LITE PILLOW PET. he seen the commercial I bought it at Rite Aid returned it the next week
    it was smaller the he expected.
    I ordered Cloud b Twilight Constellation Night Light, Sea Turtle from Amazon he loved it!(so did his sister and I)

Bought the TWIST AND CLIP at CVS. I like it!

I am sure there is other things but those popped into my head

I have bought some in the past, loved some hated others. Not bought any in the past few years. Just remember, Super Glue? That started 'as seen on tv' and now is a staple, at least in my house!

For those of you discussing bras, someone suggested this to me 2 years back and wow what a savings. Go to a proper lingerie shop, where someone helps you with proper fit. You can go ahead and buy one. Then go home and using Google, put in the brand and model number. I bought several, in 3 different colors, and saved a TON of money, even with the shipping added in. Once they arrived in the mail, I ditched all the 'old' bras, which didn't work well in the first place. I am STILL wearing those nice fitting ones!

Quote Originally Posted by maid25cats View Post

I bought the POCKET HOSE 2 of them they work great! Same deal $5 coupon Bed B&B
    These sparked my interest, but I've read too many bad reviews on them, so didn't buy one. It seems that since the connectors/fittings are plastic and not brass, that if you have high water pressure, it will blow the connector right off the hose, and of course there's no way to repair them once that happens.

Another t.v. ad item that I picked up at Walmart, was the vest type harness for dogs. It's a pain to put on the dog, and it doesn't fit right (or to my liking), and I much prefer the regular type of harness. I only used the vest one when I had to take both pups out at the same time, but now that Sparky is gone, I just use the more conventional harness on Myndi. It's not what I would call useless or horrible, but I wouldn't recommend it either.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I usually also try to wait until they get to the stores because it's much easier to return them. I bought Mighty Mendit at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it's great. I haven't used it on any of my clothes just on an arm rest stuffed fabric thing that I make to rest my arms while I'm at work. It sure beats having to stitch the ends up all of the time. When the fabric gets dirty, I just put more clean fabric on top and then glue it in place with Mighty Mendit.

Ages ago I ordered a few things but now by the time we see stuff advertised on TV we get it in the stores about a week or so later so I don't bother ordering anymore-- if I don't like something I return it but when I ordered from the tv and didn't like a certain product I never bothered returning it, I just tossed oit...witing to get it in a store is cheaper for me.
    I think the last thing I ordered was that DD7...garanteed to clean anything including ink from clothes... our son tried red food colouring on white pants and that spot didn't even lighten-- we kept the jeans for a long time as a joke and reminder.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I bought the snuggies. LOL. Still love those things. I don't think buying online/TV vs. the store speaks to quality, really. Not with the items we are talking about. If it looks good, seems reasonable, I would buy it any way I could.

Quote Originally Posted by Cataholic View Post
    I bought the snuggies. LOL. Still love those things. I don't think buying online/TV vs. the store speaks to quality, really. Not with the items we are talking about. If it looks good, seems reasonable, I would buy it any way I could.
    When the snuggies first came out I was like "Really? a blanket with sleeves... stupidest thing ever". then I got one. LOL BEST INVENTION EVER!!!!! I love my snuggie. After I fell in love with mine I bought one for Hannah, one for Brian, one for my mom... etc etc etc lol.

My mom got one of those pocket hoses and she loves it. I really want to get one now because our hose drives me nuts and we use it so much.

Hannah has a dream light unicorn, a pair of the stompeez slippers. She saved up her allowance to buy those slippers and it just so happened that the day she had enough to buy them we were at CVS picking up a prescription for her bronchitis. She was so sick and felt terrible but picking out those slippers was a little pick me up for her and they were great for keeping her feet warm when she had her fever. she stomps around the house in them all the time lol and they are funny little things.

She also just recently bought a seat pet with her allowance money and she loves that. Now that she's in a booster seat it's going to come in very handy for resting her head on during our long road trips.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I don't know if these count but I have bought some workout dvds as well. I bought then off of beachbody.com but saw them in infomercials

Bed, Bath and Beyond has an "As seen on TV" section. I got one of those cooling towels and it works. Also the meatloaf pan with the lift-out strainer rocks. I would never buy stuff on TV with the stupid high shipping. Also I won't buy something that I haven't handled. Too much monkey business can happen with photography.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Yeah, I always wait until after it comes out in stores.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Oh yeah - the meatloaf pan - I love that one. I got it as a gift a couple of Christmases ago and use it quite often. It's not just for meatloaf either. Now why didn't I think of marketing a simple product such as this??? - I'd be rich!!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013