Thread: I am CONFUSED

I am CONFUSED

I watch the news with my mom. I am confuse with one big thing. There are snipers who are shooting at the people who are trying to help them. WHY??? I just don't understand. What I do understand is that they are upset...but to shoot at those who are helping just makes me upset and confused. Please help me to understand. Am I missing information?? I don't want to get the facts wrong.
    Last edited by Harmanie; 09-03-2005 at 10:56 AM.

Hi Harmanie!

I think you are raising an important question there - and I also think it's a very difficult one to answer I did hear about the sniper(s?) in the danish news on TV - but I too have heard no explanation as to why the shootings occurred.

Therefore, one can only guess at what happened. Some people will react strongly when subjected to stress. Some people become angry when they are really afraid. Maybe someone took a shot at the helicopters out of frustration because they didn't think the help was coming in fast enough. Maybe they saw the helicopter as a representative of a "system" that seemed to fail to help them - and wanted to take revenge. Or maybe they were just a couple of trigger happy hoodlums who saw their chance to act out as the bullies they are anyway. Or maybe they thought they were shooting at some "bloody" journalists out to sponge on other people's misery. We don't know. But strange things do happen in times of crises.

Hope this can be helpful.

Lots of love,
    Sus and the Bellacat
    Last edited by Sus; 09-03-2005 at 04:58 PM.
    Sus

Well said Sus. My thoughts exactly. I took it to mean the snipers were shooting because they weren't being helped first. They were acting out of fear and panic. Emotions were running rampant due to dire circumstances.

Harmanie: Thanks for bringing this up. I too am very confused at many things happening.

Terry

Good post Sus...

I believe these "snipers" are THUGS - the very people who cause violence in the streets.

Harmanie - there will always be evil people - but most people are NOT like that as you will see more and more in the news reports.

Yes some people may react wrongly because they are so angry and confused - but MOST people are not like that - believe that...

Maybe try watching a variety of news channels - to get a more balanced viewpoint.
    Take care.