Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy/Buster found his forever home! *Picture #59*

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    That's possible, but shouldn't someone still be looking?
    Yeah, but they may not be looking where you are posting, who knows! I sure hope his owner turns up, have you called local vets to see if anyone recognizes him as a patient?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    I take it this is the dog from FaceBook? He is cute!
    Yes, this is who I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yeah, but they may not be looking where you are posting, who knows! I sure hope his owner turns up, have you called local vets to see if anyone recognizes him as a patient?
    I went to my vet that is very close to where we live. I am also going to put posters at the pet supply stores. I will stop by some other vet offices too. It's just hard when I work all day and not local. But I am trying as much as I can. Bruce is helping too, so hopefully we will find them. If they even want him. We had the thought that someone might have dropped him off at the park that we live by.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Aww, poor guy. These cold nights are for sure not for sleeping outside.

I would offer to visit vet offices but unfortunately I don't have a car during the day :/ I can offer to watch him though, if your crew doesn't get along with him or something. I'll also post his pic on my agility facebook group, if you don't mind, those folks are mostly from around here so maybe someone has heard something about a missing Chi.

Quote Originally Posted by Varga View Post
    Aww, poor guy. These cold nights are for sure not for sleeping outside.

I would offer to visit vet offices but unfortunately I don't have a car during the day :/ I can offer to watch him though, if your crew doesn't get along with him or something. I'll also post his pic on my agility facebook group, if you don't mind, those folks are mostly from around here so maybe someone has heard something about a missing Chi.
    That would be great if you could post it anywhere and everywhere!!
    And I might take you up on the offer to watch him. He gets along great with the dogs. He does show some lap guarding at times, but nothing out of control.
    But we are going up to Tahoe on Sunday the 29th and won't be back until the 1st. I am hoping I will have found his home by then, but if not I was going to see if my mom would be willing to watch him along with Zoee. If that doesn't work out, perhaps you could watch him for a few days while we are gone. This way, if his owners do come forward he will still be in town (my parent's live 1 1/2 hours away).

Thank you so much!!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Sure that wouldn't be a problem. We are staying home over the holidays and on New Years Eve.

So far no one on the agility group knew anything about a missing dog, unfortunately. But they recommended the Fido Alert group on facebook but I noticed you have him posted there already.

He looks like such a sweetie, I hope his owners are found, if not I bet there's some lap out there that just need warming!
    I've Been Frosted

Sure that wouldn't be a problem. We are staying home over the holidays and on New Years Eve.

So far no one on the agility group knew anything about a missing dog, unfortunately. But they recommended the Fido Alert group on facebook but I noticed you have him posted there already.
    Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    He looks like such a sweetie, I hope his owners are found, if not I bet there's some lap out there that just need warming!
    He really is a good dog. He seems to catch on quickly. I need to work on basics with him, like sit and stay. But I believe he is a fast learner. Once he can calm down and focus. He is very puppy-ish.

I spoke to my mom about this last night and she said they could keep him (of course!). If we still have him. And he will get to meet everyone at Christmas too. So it won't be a huge shock for us to leave him there..........I hope.
    But thank you for the offer! It is greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries
    Buddy looks like a keeper.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Well, I believe Buddy is coming back home with me today. They really love him, but just decided they can't take on another dog. PLUS my co-worker is allergic to him! She can't let him touch her skin without getting hives. So she has to wear long sleeves if she holds him.

Unless her husband changes his mind before 4:30 today he will bring him to the office and Buddy will come back home with me. Part of me is excited to see him again, but I was really hoping he found his forever home.

So if anyone knows someone in Northern California that would love a good little Chihuahua boy, let me know!

I'll ask my customers!! Can I print out one fo the pics you posted to show him to people?

Quote Originally Posted by snakemama View Post
    I'll ask my customers!! Can I print out one fo the pics you posted to show him to people?
    Oh, I haven't updated here yet.
    So Buddy came home with me Friday after work. I texted my coworker to tell her how excited the dogs were to see him. Taggart was running around like a crazy dog.
    Well she texted me back (it was less than 3 hours after I took him back) and said her husband wants me to bring Buster Brown to work with me Monday. Buster is the name he wanted to change it to but she wouldn't allow it unless he could commit to keeping him. He said tell Cindy not to adopt him out.
    We took Buster back to his forever home last night. She said they could not stop talking about him when they got home and their other young dog (he's one year older than Buster) kept looking for him everywhere.

Buddy got to spend one last night in the home he chose back on December 5th. You should have seen how fast his little tail was wagging when he saw his forever mom again last night. It was so fast it was just a blur.

She sent me a couple pictures last night. I'll try to post them here tomorrow.

I'm so happy this all worked out!!!!!

Here is a picture of Buster with his best friend Wilson. Wilson was named after Brian Wilson when he was with the Giants. Buster is supposedly after Buster Brown, but I think privately it's also for Buster Posey. Her son has a cat named (Matt) Cain too.
    I just love the smiles on their faces!!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140104_193806_1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	419.5 KB 
ID:	57765

I am so happy Buster is so happy, what a lovely pair!

Great picture. Buster & Wilson make a cute pair.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt