Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ** Shootings just Happened in Orlando Florida Now**

What makes a "cop killer"? It couldnt possibly be the shooter.

Is it the 2 75 round magazines less then 3' from me? Nope Ive never even shot at anyone. Is it the 2 rifles the 75 round magazines fit that are 4' from me? Nope never, never fired at anybody, including cops. Is it the half dozen 30 round magazines I have loaded? Nope. Is it the loaded Glock within reach? Nope never fired that at anybody either.

Nice thread highjack, deflect and deny.

You are more likely to die in a car accident then being shot.
    I have a HUGE SIG!!!!

My Dogs. Erp the Cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Jefferson
    Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry.

I’m confused about why the gun is responsible for the Fort Hood rampage?

The gun was purchased, legally, by an officer in the United States Army. The gun didn’t walk onto the base by itself, and the gun didn’t pull its own trigger.

Responsibility lies on the person who pulled the trigger; responsibility lies with the guards at the gate who didn’t determine that the Major was armed; responsibility lies with the Army itself. Why on earth was this person promoted to Major with all the odd things being noted about him?

Responsibility lies on the person who pulled the trigger; responsibility lies with the guards at the gate who didn’t determine that the Major was armed;
    How on earth are you going to stop every armed person going onto FT. Hood? It's a huge base, there are thousands of soldiers who target practice away from their units. hunt, etc.....it is not unusual at all to be armed going onto a military post. Besides, officers are allowed to keep weapons in their on post housing. He didn't necessarily bring the gun onto post with him, it could have already been there.

responsibility lies with the Army itself. Why on earth was this person promoted to Major with all the odd things being noted about him?

The army lost a lawsuit about 4-5 years ago filed by a captain who was bypassed for major.

The end result was that the US Army lost the lawsuit, and was forced to take back a few hundred officers who may or may not have made the cut for promotion without the lawsuit.

Major is almost an automatic promotion, like Sergeant is now. You have to make serious errors to NOT get promoted. Rather than having a competitive promotion system, we're now promoting based on we hope he will do well, rather than we know he will do well. Heaven forbid a senior officer writes a bad OER on someone.......far easier to write a bland generic OER and shuffle them off to their next unit, let them be someone else's headache.

Currently the accountability in the promotion system lies not with the individual, but the people who review the individual. It's HARD to get a bad efficiency report, because it has become a nightmare for the officer or senior NCO who dares to write one.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

4. Who said the gun was responsible? The gun is the tool the person used to "express himself" - at Fort Hood, in Orlando, upstate New York at the immigrant center, Virginia Tech, Northern Illinois University, Carthage NC, the mall in Omaha, the Amish school, Columbine, the Santa Shooting in a LA suburb last Christmas...well the list goes on and on and on.

This is not even the first mass shooting in Killeen. That was at a Luby's.

I have yet to hear of a "mass bricking."

No one has answered my question. WHY does ANYONE need to own a COP KILLER type gun?

I am not asking about hunting rifles. I am asking WHY ANYONE needs to have the kind of firepower to kill so many people.

But I know I will not get an answer. I will hear about their interpretation of the Second Amendment, I will hear that if you prohibit one type of gun...blah...blah...blah. Protecting their families, feeding their families and everything except an answer to my question.

"We don't need more gun laws we need to enforce the ones we have"

"If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns."

But no answer to my question.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwina's Secretary View Post

No one has answered my question. WHY does ANYONE need to own a COP KILLER type gun?
    I'm not certain there is an answer to your question. Why does anyone need anything?

People own guns because they want to, for protection, for hunting, for sport. People own cars for transportation - do they need one costing over $100,000? People own houses for shelter - do they need to own mansions?

Maybe that's too simplistic . . . .

Your question is completely inane.

Who needs a "Cop Killer" type car?

Why does anyone need a "cop Killer" type sword?

Ad nauseum.

There is no such thing as a "cop killer" gun. Been in lots of gun stores, never saw one.

There is not such thing as a "cop killer" bullet.

Again, been in lots of gun stores, never saw one.

There's no answer to your question, ES, as the question itself is nothing more than a play on emotion having nothing to do with reality.

That having been said, Why in hell does every thread about a shooting wind up with the same people over and over again bitching and moaning about gun control?

There's a politics thread, have your pissing contests in there.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

This thread has devolved into another political rant about guns, which was not the original poster's intent. Please cease this battle now, out of respect for the original poster.
    I've Been Frosted

sorry if I missed it...

they did catch the shooter? alive?

and is there a confirmed number of injuries and deaths yet?

I must say... it does bring me a small smile that the man that did this is alive and (hopefully) will face a lengthy prison sentence. Perhaps he will see what it's like to have others take their anger out on him in a physical way.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

The gun was purchased, legally....
    It seems most everyone in USA can go and buy a gun - what a sad world! It's not that it's only well educated and sane people, or people going hunting, who can buy a gun, it's also the unstable phsyco who thinks it's cool.

Puckstop, how would you feel if your child got hit? Would you go and shoot the guy who did it? If so, his freinds would most likely shoot you in revenge, and your friends/family would then...... it could on and on. Is this the kind of world we want to live in?

If guns were not manufactored, there would be no shootings at all! Now, you'll probably say that people would then use knives etc. - and I'm sure they would, but they would not be able to kill as many innocent people before they were stopped!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    sorry if I missed it...

I must say... it does bring me a small smile that the man that did this is alive and (hopefully) will face a lengthy prison sentence. Perhaps he will see what it's like to have others take their anger out on him in a physical way.
    Which one? Texas, yes, the shooter is injured but alive. Florida is also alive, and in custody.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
    sorry if I missed it...

Yes, they did get the Florida shooter - hiding out at his mother's house. One dead, 5 injured.

He was fired from that engineering firm two years ago. His financial status now is awful - bankruptcy, etc. When a reporter asked him why he did it, he replied: "Because they left me to rot."

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Which one? Texas, yes, the shooter is injured but alive. Florida is also alive, and in custody.
    yeah I meant the florida one... but I didn't know about the texas one either. I actually thought he had died.

glad they did finally catch the florida guy.

R.I.P my dear Sweet Teddy. You will be missed forever. We love you.

http://www.hannahshands.etsy.com

I heard the Texas shooter is alive but paralyzed.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    It seems most everyone in USA can go and buy a gun - what a sad world! It's not that it's only well educated and sane people, or people going hunting, who can buy a gun, it's also the unstable phsyco who thinks it's cool.

Puckstop, how would you feel if your child got hit? Would you go and shoot the guy who did it? If so, his freinds would most likely shoot you in revenge, and your friends/family would then...... it could on and on. Is this the kind of world we want to live in?

If guns were not manufactored, there would be no shootings at all! Now, you'll probably say that people would then use knives etc. - and I'm sure they would, but they would not be able to kill as many innocent people before they were stopped!
    See Politics and Religion for my answer...
    "Unlike most of you, I am not a nut."

- Homer Simpson

"If the enemy opens the door, you must race in."

- Sun Tzu - Art of War