Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What kind of job would you choose if you wanted to be around a lot of animals?

What kind of job would you choose if you wanted to be around a lot of animals?

For me a vetranarian, or I could open up my own dog hotel. I can see it now! "Chelsea's Dog Heven" Where your dog feels like they are in heven! LOL!!!!!!!! That would be funny though! Yah me, opening up my own dog hotel, that's a laugh! Maybe it's better to just work at a dog hotel. But that's just me.
    "Looking into a dogs eyes to me is like looking into life it'self"
    From Tiger and Chelsea
    (e-mail me at [email protected])

I'd volunteer at my local SPCA. Just helping all those poor homeless animals is good enough for me. (NOT trying to be noble here. I mean it!)
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home

I would also like to volunteer at a shelter, but volunteering can't be your only job or you'd have no income. So I would like to run a Dog Bed and Breakfast. When I was in fifth grade I saw a TV show about it and for a few years was intent on opening my own! It would be really fun to take care of some doggies, and I'd feel so good to know that their owners were on their vacation and not worrying about the well-being of their dogs.

well, in the reality of the matter i am soon going to be going to college to open up my own boarding kennel. (and plan on photographing wolves on the side.)

other animal related jobs i can think of...opening up a humane pet store, vetrinarian, pet shelter, grooming, pet sitting, zoo volunteer... ...wow, end of thought. that can't be all!!!

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

oh!!!!! another thing that i wanted to do and still think would be awesome is horse gentling. (but i'm not much of a horse person. just because i've never been around them. i'm sure if i was, i would be a horse person.) we need alot more of them around the world. breaking is soooooooooo inhumane and it doesn't work as well, sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

I thought of that a little while ago myself. So I decided that I love animals and I love photography so why not get into pet photography. Many people have seen my pictures and just love them, I have a photographer waiting to see the pictures as well. We might set up a little arangement where I start out as his assistant and work up. Im sooo excited

Also shelter work is a great idea.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

The perfect job is easy for me, as it really is my dream. Since it is late in my life for me to become a veterinarian, I would love to open a kennel, out in the country, with my daughter as the veterinarian (her office could be right there on site), and a groomer.

One day I hope to tell you that my dream has come true!

I would open a Bed and Breakfast for Dogs, who could bring their human family. There would be dog and human cookies on the bed at night. Music for dogs and humans to relax by.
    It would be by the ocean so the dogs could run their humans on the beach. The back yard would have agility and plenty of tennis balls. A swimming pool for the dogs and their humans to swim laps. By the bed would be a nightstand with "The Compassion of Animals", "Dog Fancy" and "Dogs never lie about Love" books to read. At night we would see movies like "Lassie come Home", etc.
    I wonder if my husband would go along with this, I think so, he loves our dogs so much.

I already have the perfect job where I'm around animals all day! Well technically I'm a volunteer again but I love it just the same

[ July 15, 2001: Message edited by: aly ]
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I think I would like to work at the zoo. Feeding and cleaning would be okay.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

I want to be a horse trainer. I am around horses everyday and I am currently helping to train my 3 year old palomino filly. It takes alot of patience, but i think i have it. I am also learning how to clip dogs, i know how to do poodles and shih tzus so far. I'd like to continue with that too.

Your ideas are all wonderful. I hope all your dreams come true!

I want to be a dog groomer, trainer and care taker.
    I think when i get older i want to have like a doggy day care were people drop their dogs off befor they go to work and i can work on their training skills, groom them and just let them play with the other dogs that i take care of. I would probably charge like around $30 each month. I dont think thats alot but id be getting alot of buisness i think and plus doing what i love.. being around dogs!
    ]{/-\'/ /-\/\/ /\/ &
    $[] []\/[] |3 /-\

I would want to be a vetrenarian. acually I going to college to become one. I work for one right now and I love it. I wouldn't want to do anything else

Felice, Zeus, Hercules

I know! I can work FOR the shelter... my local one does hire people now and then because they need more staff.
    I think I own my dog, but it owns my heart and home