Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Furminator

Furminator

Quote Originally Posted by Brody's Mum
    A furminator is just about the best grooming tool ever invented!

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...731&pf_id=8289

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner

I just love Luke....I could look at his handsome face everyday...Yes, we are going to look into the furminator.....Boomer's fur is starting to get think and feathery. Cassie, although shorthaired has always shed like snow. I think we are going to invest in one for sure!
    Cassie? Shedding like snow? I wouldn't have guessed that. I wonder if furminator would work for another Cassie that I keep combing and combing - She seems to be shedding a lot this year. I don't know where all the hair has come from. Seriously though, does anyone know if it is suitable for a cat?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Yes, it looks like they make a fuminator for cats. Here is one. I don't know if it is significantly different than the dog ones, but I can tell you the dog one works great.

Yes, we probably don't groom like we should on a regular basis, but at times you can rub on her back and the hair falls like snow.....It is amazing how much she sheds....I didn't know Dalmatians did that either until Cass.
    Shannon, Boomer, and Sooner

It doesn't work that well on a cat and you can't use it over and over again like a normal brush because it will cause razor burn.
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Ouch! I had one in my hand today when I was in Petsmart, but the package had been opened so I put it back. I guess you would have to be careful when you are using it not to use it too much or too hard.

I saw it demonstrated on qvc the other day. They said that there was no difference in the actual product other than the color for dogs or cats. They sell 2 different sizes though. One is 1.75" and the other is 3" long. I think it was the smaller one that had the different colors. Out of almost 500 reviews for both sizes over 94% would recommend it. If you want to read the reviews you can go to qvc.com and search for item numbers M15553 and M17191.

Boomer's teacher had one and stroked his back with it, and I was shocked at all of the loose hair that came off/out......I love QVC.....I may go there to order one.

I use one on Brody all the time and it is wonderful. Her coat is in great condition and she doesn't get matted any more
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Hey Cassiesmom,
    I think that Cassie is going through her shedding period.
    I've read about that before. My dog does not shed. His hair just
    grows and Grows, and GROWS, and Grows! Speaking of which,
    He is EXTREMELY Shaggy right now, lying on my lap. I'll ask my mom
    to get him a haircut soon when she wakes up. Gotta go now. We have company and people a
    re just now waking up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I use the tool on two of my three dogs (Dudley, my mini schnauzer, doesn't shed), and we LOVE it. It's definitely cut back on the hair all over the apartment.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I'm a groomer at Petco and we LOVE them! They work so well for labs and shorthaired dogs and stuff, and I even use them on my goldens, huskies, malamutes, etc. Love love love it!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

I bought a shed ender, which is supposed to be the same type of brush, but gave it to my SIL for her boxers. It just wasn't doing much for husky coats. It seemed like it would work better on shorter fur.
    I have a new brush on order now from Chris Christensen, husky owners are all calling it "the magic brush"...we'll see.

I've had rather mixed results with the Fuminator. On the dogs it works well one, it does indeed work very well. But on some dogs it doesn't seem to work as well as a regular slicker brush. And I have yet to determine exactly why that is.

I have a customer with two pugs. On one of them, the Furminator gets out buckets of hair. On the other one, we just use the slicker brush, because the Furminator doesn't do much of anything. Go figure.

I used it on my broken-coat JRT's the other day, and wow ... it was basically like hand-stripping them. If I would have wanted to, I would have had smooth coats in about ten minutes.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I just ordered a Furminator the other day and I HOPE it has the great results that I've read about.
    Since we've gotten the new flooring and gotten rid of the carpet it seems there's hair EVERYWHERE (now instead of it sticking to the carpet it finds all kinds of places to go)

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by cyber-sibes View Post
    I bought a shed ender, which is supposed to be the same type of brush, but gave it to my SIL for her boxers. It just wasn't doing much for husky coats. It seemed like it would work better on shorter fur.
    I have a new brush on order now from Chris Christensen, husky owners are all calling it "the magic brush"...we'll see.
    Could you please tell me specifically which brush you bought for your siberians? I have two adult sibes and have never really found a brush they like (surprise!). I read your blog about your new brush and now I am dying to get one ASAP. I looked on Chris Christensen's site, but was quickly overwhelmed with choices.

Thanks for your help. And by the way, I loved your blog. I cried and laughed while reading it today, and I could SO RELATE to your writings about your sibes.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
    Sandy
    Mom to Sibes Maverick and Kate and Border Collie Sugar